Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Adaptation Of DC Comics’ Constantine From Daniel Cerone & David Goyer Lands At NBC

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Adaptation Of DC Comics’ Constantine From Daniel Cerone & David Goyer Lands At NBC

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-14, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Adaptation Of DC Comics’ Constantine From Daniel Cerone & David Goyer Lands At NB

The pilot was leaked.
Old 07-09-14, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts
Re: Adaptation Of DC Comics’ Constantine From Daniel Cerone & David Goyer Lands At NB

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
And I hate to say this, but del Toro is kind of the king of vaporware. It seems like there are dozens of projects he's attached to, but he only seems to direct a movie every five years or so, and he's almost fifty years old. His Hobbit didn't happen, the video game Insane never came out, not sure what his involvement with The Strain will be, and I'm not optimistic that we'll ever see Mountains of Madness.
I think the problem is that Del Toro likes to talk and he's very open with the fanboy press, so we get details about every possible project or meeting he's barely worked on. Most of the time these type of early development ideas don't make the press since little ever comes of them.
Old 07-09-14, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhan
The pilot was leaked.
Wow, 2 high profile Warner Brothers Pilots leaked in the last month. Someone must really hate their job there and wants to give the middle finger to the WBTV suits.
Old 07-09-14, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Wow, 2 high profile Warner Brothers Pilots leaked in the last month. Someone must really hate their job there and wants to give the middle finger to the WBTV suits.
That or WB is doing it intentionally, trying to get some good buzz. So far, that seems to be working.

I'll be curious if the I, Zombie pilot gets leaked.
Old 07-09-14, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To be honest, I thought the pilot was just okay. Nothing really amazing, and aside from Keanu being a little slightly miscast, I thought the film was just fine.

I'll watch it, and it did have a lot of DC easter egg drops in there. But something felt a little off.
Old 07-10-14, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

and they are cutting out a character completely from the show: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/328...ts-female-lead
Old 07-10-14, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Interesting that they're bringing in Zed. Can Mercury and Marj be far behind?

Nice to know that the producers are actually reading the comics if they're bringing in obscure characters like Zed.
Old 07-15-14, 08:59 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Spectre might be coming to the the show.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/...to-constantine

That would be awesome if it does happen. It would be even more awesome if they spin The Spectre off into his own show like Flash did with Arrow.
Old 07-15-14, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The Spectre could practically get his own show. I guess DC is getting much more liberal with its licensing policies or this is a test to see if a spin-off could be developed from Constantine. I'm glad to know it will be set in a broader mystical DC universe. Hopefully Detective Chimp makes an appearance...
Old 07-15-14, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Detective Chimp!
Old 07-15-14, 04:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
The Spectre could practically get his own show.
Definitely, especially if they got John Ostrander to write it. His run on the Spectre in the 90s was excellent, definitely one of the highlights of the otherwise bleak 90s era of comics.
Old 07-15-14, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I can neither confirm nor deny if I will be making an appearance on the show...
Old 07-16-14, 09:23 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Phantom Stranger? The Spectre? What about Swampy? He would be as good a fit as any. But really Etrigan fits in the best. I hope we at least see Jason Blood make an appearance.
Old 07-16-14, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Klarion, please. And Shade the Changing Man. ALSO: Jim Dandy to the Rescue.
Old 07-16-14, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I would guess Swamp thing might be beyond a TV show budget.

And before someone mentions the Swamp Thing TV show, a good Swamp Thing.
Old 07-16-14, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

To be fair, the costume in the USA Swampy show was REALLY good, and a TON better than the one used in the first movie.

I think we might see a cool version of the Trenchcoat brigade in the series.
Old 07-16-14, 03:52 PM
Banned

This show really opens up a lot of opportunities as far as exploring the mystical side of the DCU. Not only could we see characters such as Zatara, Zatanna, Etrigan, Jason Blood, Klarion, Merlin, Madame Xanadu, etc. The possibilities are endless (of course depending on licensing issues and how long the show lasts ).
Old 07-16-14, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think Jason Blood is a no-brainer for making an eventual appearance, hair dye is a cheap effect. Etrigan is another matter entirely, one that would have to be done completely in CGI.
Old 07-16-14, 05:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I think Jason Blood is a no-brainer for making an eventual appearance, hair dye is a cheap effect. Etrigan is another matter entirely, one that would have to be done completely in CGI.
Not necessarily. They could do it with a mix of practical and CG effects. They handled Doomsday in Smallville by giving him a big latex suit (albeit a pretty crappy looking one).
Old 07-16-14, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Eric F
Not necessarily. They could do it with a mix of practical and CG effects. They handled Doomsday in Smallville by giving him a big latex suit (albeit a pretty crappy looking one).
And Doomsday looked absolutely terrible on Smallville. It is possible to have a practical costume that looks awesome, but usually the necessary budget ends up costing as much or more than CGI.

Last edited by PhantomStranger; 07-17-14 at 12:46 AM.
Old 07-16-14, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think that even with cable, there's still an upper limit to what you can do with FX given the time and budget constraints of TV. Doomsday is also a hugely FX-type character, it's not like you could reinvent him as a dude with makeup on his face like the Joker, the look is completely alien and monstrous.
Old 07-27-14, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Comic Con trailer. Looks awesome.

Old 09-05-14, 05:05 PM
Banned

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/...a8dc2e45000019

Emmett Scanlan has been cast as Jim Corrigan, and he will be a recurring character. It doesn't say he will become The Spectre, but hopefully he will.
Old 09-05-14, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by taffer
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/...a8dc2e45000019

Emmett Scanlan has been cast as Jim Corrigan, and he will be a recurring character. It doesn't say he will become The Spectre, but hopefully he will.
That's a good choice.
Old 10-21-14, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

42% on Metacritic. In the words of Nicky Santoro NBC could fuck up a cup of coffee.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.