Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS) -- Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-14, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS) -- Series Thread

I really like that it's set in Las Vegas. I just love seeing the area on TV. I'll miss it.

I do have to say that it has gotten stale. They're running out of crazy ways to die.
Old 11-25-14, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
He wasn't in the recent episode about the convention shooting, and I don't think the writers even bothered to explain why Nick wasn't present to help out. I'd be ok if they pulled the plug on this show. It's been stale for a while.
Not sure if that's because of any dispute, other than Danson and Shue, they often rotate the cast. I know in previous seasons there were episodes Szmanda and Fox weren't in it and then be back the following episode. I think it was more of a cost cutting issue as I assume they get paid for each episode they're in and it'd be pretty costly to have the entire regular cast in a single episode.
Old 11-25-14, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 153 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Not sure if that's because of any dispute, other than Danson and Shue, they often rotate the cast. I know in previous seasons there were episodes Szmanda and Fox weren't in it and then be back the following episode. I think it was more of a cost cutting issue as I assume they get paid for each episode they're in and it'd be pretty costly to have the entire regular cast in a single episode.
Earlier in the fall he got into a big arguement with several writers (one of which was pregnant. He was unofficially suspended for awhile. The previous episodes were probably shoot during that time frame.

I think the show has run it's course. Danson and Shue added a couple of good years but it's at the point were there is not much new ground.
Old 11-25-14, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Originally Posted by Kdogg
Earlier in the fall he got into a big arguement with several writers (one of which was pregnant. He was unofficially suspended for awhile. The previous episodes were probably shoot during that time frame.

I think the show has run it's course. Danson and Shue added a couple of good years but it's at the point were there is not much new ground.
Eads suspension happened last season.
Old 11-25-14, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Eads suspension happened last season.
I must be getting old. Things just run together now.
Old 11-25-14, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Shazam
I really like that it's set in Las Vegas. I just love seeing the area on TV. I'll miss it.
They used real LV locations in the early days. These days it seems it's all shot in LA with digitally inserted backdrops.
Old 11-25-14, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Bummer. I still enjoy the hell out of this show. I can't imagine Cyber being any better.
me too
the psuedo pilot for cyber was bad and I don't even think I'm going to watch it even though I've watched every other csi
Old 11-25-14, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Its a procedural. Not sure how it's stale. It is what it is.
In the early years, what entertained me the most was how the crimes were solved, but after 15 years the process has become predictable.
Old 01-29-15, 09:20 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well,m I guess they are just knocking out the episodes as quick as possible.

I noticed on my DVR that there were back to back episodes on Sunday night along with another one on Tuesday night. Not sure what episode numbers those were but maybe they're just wanting to be finished by the time 'CSI: Cyber' starts
Old 01-29-15, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just looked at my grid here and there's no new episode on Sunday, and even then only one (makes sense since that's Super Bowl Sunday) and it's the regular CBS schedule on Tuesday... Is it the week after?
Old 01-29-15, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DVDMagic
Well,m I guess they are just knocking out the episodes as quick as possible.
They had like three weeks where they were preempted by football, so they needed to catch up.
Old 01-29-15, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk God

And Battle Creek is taking over CSI's timeslot in March. Cyber is moving into Stalker's timeslot on Wednesdays.

Looks like there are only 2 more new CSI episodes left.
Old 01-29-15, 05:25 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

wait, so this show is going on without a true finale? I'll admit I stopped watching long ago (maybe the season before Ted Danson showed up), but that's pretty shitty.

With that said, I always thought, it would have been awesome, and possibly the best series finale ever, if they played the long con throughout the entire series run... where there was this one murderer who always eluded the CSI team. They could never figure it out, and the killer was always one step ahead of them. Have one or two episodes from every season dedicated to this story line, and then, at the very end, in the final episode of the entire series, have the reveal be that it was Grissom.
Old 01-29-15, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

If the show only lasted 4-6 seasons that could have worked but we're on season 14 and viewership erodes. Plus we've seen how drawn out arcs end up failing like X-files.

If there is no proper send off it'll be a damn shame for such a great show that was top of the charts for so many years. Also a shame for Peterson not to return at least once since he left.
Old 01-30-15, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

As I said, there are no new episodes of CSI on this week. Sunday is a rerun and Tuesday is CBS' regular programming of NCIS, NCIS: NO and POI and next Sunday the Grammy's are on so no episode on then either.

Are we talking 3 weeks from now or something?
Old 01-30-15, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk God

If the show only lasted 4-6 seasons that could have worked but we're on season 14 and viewership erodes. Plus we've seen how drawn out arcs end up failing like X-files.
we're actually on season 15. CBS cut the episode order from 22 to 18 because they wanted to launch a new midseason show in the same timeslot and initially the thought was it was going to Cyber, before they gave it to Battle Creek. When networks like CBS order too many shows with so few timeslots, something has to get it's episode order cut.

There's only been 1 big serialized arc this season about Mark-Paul Goselaar as that serial killer from DB and Fin's past. Other than that, it's been normal self contained crime of the week episodes.
Old 01-30-15, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by TheMovieman

Are we talking 3 weeks from now or something?

2 episode season finale (episodes 17 and 18) on February 15th is on the tentative schedule. The 22nd is a repeat and then Battle Creek premieres March 1st.

The Good Wife is on break until March 1st for some odd reason, that's why they're doubling up these weeks. Otherwise there would be no new content at 9pm on Sundays for well over 1 month.
Old 01-30-15, 06:48 AM

I think the show is coming back next season. Unless plans have changed the season finale is supposed to end in a cliff hanger. Plus they still have to have a "very special" episode for George Eads.
Old 01-30-15, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If CBS allows for The Mentalist to have one final season (advertising it as such), I would hope CBS would give it one more year. At the very least get Petersen back for a couple episodes.
Old 02-15-15, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Tonight is the 2 hour season/series finale of CSI:

It hasn't aired on the West coast yet, but I did read about it.

Longtime fans should be happy:

Spoiler:

It was basically a nice send off wrap up for Nick since George Eads is leaving the show.

Last edited by DJariya; 02-16-15 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-16-15, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It was sort of a cliffhanger.

Spoiler:
Jules is hanging on by a thread, but it's not the kind of cliffhanger where fans scream bloody murder if the show doesn't come back.

Spoiler:
At least Nick got a well-deserved (and long overdue) promotion. Kind of reminded me of the old Peterson-era days, when you actually had Nick-centric episodes from time to time.
Old 02-16-15, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Apparently the Tuesday episode a few weeks back got great ratings, so there's probably life left in this show.
Old 02-16-15, 11:47 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Shazam
Apparently the Tuesday episode a few weeks back got great ratings, so there's probably life left in this show.
I noticed that - the Tue airing had a sharp uptick in viewership compared with Sunday's. Ratings that week topped every other episode of CSI this season. Will be interesting to see if that's enough to secure renewal. If so, it probably comes with a schedule change.
Old 02-16-15, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

whoa, they switched who had beards from one episode to the next
I hope George has some actual work lined up and isn't just leaving in the hope of getting something different. Too many actors do that and then never get anything but occasional guest star bit parts

I can understand getting bored with the same character for 15 years, but a steady paycheck has to be worth something
Old 02-16-15, 02:37 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

I'm pretty sure he'll be doing okay w/syndication rights and all. I remember when he left years back, it was around the same time he wanted to pursue other career opportunities. He went on to make Evel Knievel. Needless to say, he returned to CSI.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.