Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Law and Order: SVU (NBC) -- Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-03, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The promos for this episode really seemed to give it all away. It was an okay episode, but not a great one to be a premiere.
Old 09-24-03, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sorry, but if you didnt know that
Spoiler:
the mother was involved
from
Spoiler:
her
on then there is a problem.

I wasnt too disappointed, but this really did not seem like a season "premiere", just really bland.

I really am going to have a problem if this stays on Tuesdays once The Shield returns, hell last night wasnt fun with Nip/Tuck on at the same time.

Hey NBC move it back to Friday, please.
Old 10-02-03, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Law & Order: SVU "Manic" 09.30.2003

MANIC

DETECTIVES INVESTIGATE A HIGH SCHOOL SHOOTING WITH A SURPRISING SUSPECT--RORY CULKIN, MARE WINNINGHAM AND JOHN CULLUM GUEST STAR-- When two high school basketball players are gunned down while shooting hoops in the school gym, Detectives Benson (Marishka Hargitay) and Stabler (Christopher Meloni) attempt to locate the shooter with the help of a third student who was held hostage by the suspect. However, when the detectives make the horrible discovery their prime witness is actually the murderer, they are left searching for motive behind this tragedy. Rory Culkin ("Signs", "Igby Goes Down") guest stars as a manic depressive teenager and Mare Winningham (Oscar Nominee for "Georgia") guest stars as his desperate mother. John Cullum (Broadway's "Urinetown") reprises his role as seasoned defense attorney Barry Moredock. Stephanie March, Richard Belzer, Dann Florek, B.D. Wong and Ice-T also star.
Last week I said this ep looked good.

I take it back..
Why do I take it back..?

Rory Culkin.

The Culkin's should NOT be allowed to breed ANYmore. EVERY time he was on the screen, I wanted to rip my eyes out.

HE.WAS.TERRIBLE.

Another thing that pissed me off -- the story.

Why did Cabot only go after that pharmaceutical company? They may have provided the pills, but they were no more guilty than the janitor that gave the hellspawn the gun. The mother was the one that was responsible for putting all the pieces in place and they hardly address that fact. I also thought Fred Thompson's appearance was going to facillitate Cabot's exit. Guess not.

So, all in all, i'd have to give it a big 'ol

BUT...there was ONE saving grace...Mariska looked F I N E in those jeans
Old 10-03-03, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
I actually thought he did a good job acting crazy. Of all the Culkin brothers, I think he's the most talented.

I think this is the beginning of the end for Cabot. We all know it's coming, but it seems obvious they are foreshadowing it.

I didn't like how Wong went behind their back and called a lawyer for the kid. That's a pretty gross violation of trust.
Old 10-03-03, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Oh...and now that this has shown up on my , I forgot one thing..

Dick Wolf really needs to have a talk with NBC. I realize that the main goal of their promotion department is to hook viewers to the show, but if they keep up with these ridiculous promos, I might just STOP watching on principle alone.

First of all, the ridiculous "RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES" tag...

Second, for this ep of SVU, they basically gave up that Culkin was the shooter. Yet, during the show they spend the first 15 minutes or so, trying put the pieces together and figure out what happened. Now I realize that these are esentially red herrings, but that whole period of time i'm sitting there counting the minutes until they catch up to where I am in the plot thanks to the promo..
Old 10-03-03, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hate the fact that in most of the L&O promos (for all the shows), we find out things before watching the show that are not revealed to us until half way of further in the episode. They truly are spoilers...
Old 10-10-03, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Law and Order SVU 10/10 - mainly a question about being on friday

guess the new time slot wasn't good enough for them. What, 2 weeks and they put it back on friday?
is this permanent or just this week?
Old 10-11-03, 12:07 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
They put Boomtown on hiatus for the next 3 weeks and are showing reruns of SVU instead. Right now it's only scheduled for 2 more weeks.
Old 10-11-03, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
It's only reruns on Friday. There is an interesting article about NBC up on CNN.com today (about they lineup changes and the tanking ratings). It actually sounds like the Tuesday switch is working out well for SVU.
Old 10-11-03, 09:47 AM

Received 805 Likes on 523 Posts
As soon as they rolled the guy of fthe bunk and saw the blood, I remembered that this was the Dominicans v. the Mexicans-toiletplunger-up-the-whahoo-by-the-guard episode... so I turned it off.

I like SVU being on Tueday nights... gives me something to watch.
Old 10-11-03, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
it was a rerun?
I must have missed it originally
Old 10-11-03, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I missed it as well. Seems like we have the rumoured cast member departure on Tuesday...
Old 10-11-03, 11:38 AM

Originally posted by movieking
I missed it as well. Seems like we have the rumoured cast member departure on Tuesday...
Me thinks that they will finally get rid of Ca-BOOOOM!!!!
Old 10-11-03, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Law and Order: SVU (10/07)

I didn't see a thread about this, but it would seem they showed us who the new ADA is gonna be to replace Stephanie March when she leaves.
Old 10-13-03, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
That is not who the new ADA will be. It will be Diane Neal.
Old 10-13-03, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

that would NOT be a bad thing if she was..

but, i'm hoping NBC's promo department *is wrong* about Steph's departure.

[though with their track record..of course that's what happens..]

* edit to add "is wrong" -- I can't believe I forgot that. I think senility is setting in. either that, or I was just thinking about Marisol ...

Last edited by Rogue588; 10-13-03 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-13-03, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally posted by Rogue588
that would NOT be a bad thing if she was..

but, i'm hoping NBC's promo department about Steph's departure.

[though with their track record..of course that's what happens..]

Yeah - I love Marisol Nichols. She was on the now-cancelled Showtime show Resurrection Blvd and she also played Audrey in Vegas Vacation.

Old 10-14-03, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn ET just said the way in which the cast member would be leaving...not that they commercials didn't give it away already.
Old 10-14-03, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

L&o: Svu 10/14/2003

Caught the early version of this on CTV, and for those of you that can't wait, here is what happens. Major spoilers ahead:

Spoiler:
ADA Alex Cabot gets shot dead towards the end of the episode after a CI gets blown up in a car bomb (which the commercials made us think she dies). We see a newspaper cover saying that her murder has no leads.

Spoiler:
However, just before the episode ends, we find out that she has survived the attack and has decided to go into Witness Protection. She's not dead after all!
Old 10-14-03, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Spoiler:
that was definitely a twist. for once the preview didn't actually give it away.
when they got the note to meet with assistant director skinner, I mean the dea guy (they should have made him fbi in this ) I figured it was either her or the car bomb guy that was still alive
Old 10-14-03, 10:13 PM

Fooled me. Good episode...

I always like the candor in which Fred Thompson carries his character... he always seems to have the same "I-don't-give-a-rat's-a$$" attitude with all of his DAs and ADAs.
Old 10-14-03, 11:13 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Fooled me also. At least she has a window to come back if she wants.

I thought it was a pretty good episode.

I wonder if we'll get to meet the new ADA next week.
Old 10-15-03, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Good ep

I've been favouring this show & CI over the original.

I am SO glad that Alex isn't dead. Of course, that doesn't mean she'll come back...but at least it's an option..
Old 10-15-03, 03:07 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Rogue588
I've been favouring this show & CI over the original.
Me too.

I don't even bother wactching or recording the other two anymore. I just catch them during reruns.
Old 10-15-03, 04:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I liked the resolution as well. It was pretty surprising. First I thought that the whole thing was set up, but since her arm was in a sling, I guess not. To set the whole thing up would have been a bit extreme.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.