Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel's Avengers Assemble - New series on Disney XD

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-14, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts
Re: Marvel's Avengers Assemble - New series on Disney XD

Most people probably gave up on this show, but last week Avengers Assemble had its first truly great episode. Captain America has to defend the life of Dr. Doom from the Red Skull and a host of other villains, in the sewers of New York. I believe it was called "The Ambassador" if you want to hunt it down.

This show is more serious than the very jokey Ultimate Spider-Man, though it still likes to ham it up with the Hulk.
Old 03-24-14, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Do they still do that changing aspect ratio thing?
Old 04-07-14, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

getting caught up now. I loved when Odin showed up and during the fight Thor says "Odin's beard!" and at the same time Odin says "my beard!"
Old 04-07-14, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
yes
Old 04-07-14, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fujishig
They use it much, much less as the series goes on. I had a real problem with it in the beginning and they definitely cut back its usage over time.

Marvel just can't seem to produce an animated series on par with DC Comics. The animation looks cheaper, the storylines are meh, and they barely pull things from their comics' history. They are definitely aimed at a younger, more juvenile audience.
Old 09-30-14, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The new season of Avengers Assemble began Sunday on Disney XD. Apparently this season's Big Bad is Thanos, as he arrives on Earth with a broken Red Skull.
Old 02-02-15, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Guess who wrote the latest episode of Avengers Assemble? Comic book legend Len Wein in a tale featuring the Squadron Supreme facing off with an evil version of the Avengers. It was pretty fun.

I noticed Marvel liked to twist the knife in a bit by having voice actors from Justice League Unlimited play their Squadron Supreme counterparts. The Squadron was Marvel's blatant rip-off of the Justice League.
Old 02-02-15, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Only caught the first couple minutes of this episode, but didn't we already see (an evil) Hyperion in this series? Is this the same one, or are they doing multiple Squadron Supreme/Sinisters like the very confusing comic versions?

I will say that after they cancelled the non Disney Avengers for this one, I was pretty upset, but now this one has grown on me. The style is definitely slicker, so much so that it was a bit hard to go rewatch the older series (though the plot in that one is still great). I still hate the changing ratios, though.
Old 02-03-15, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The Squadron Supreme have been recurring villains this season. They are heavily playing up the Hyperion/Superman and Nighthawk/Batman tropes.

I did find it funny for the dark version of Black Widow that the only stylistic difference was some kind of eye liner rings around her eyes.
Old 03-26-15, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Finally made it to the end of the season. The dark Avengers against the heroic Squadron was done well. The infinity stones and the finale kinda put everything on the table, which was the point, though the last episode and the battle against Thanos kind of dragged on despite the non stop action.

Watching through the older Avengers series, though, I miss the character moments and the changes in team dynamics that would happen throughout the show.
Old 03-27-15, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought this series started out pretty weakly but it did shape up better as it delved into more traditional comic book history. They cut back on the humor once the show started developing deeper storylines. I wouldn't call it must-see but considering Marvel's sudden ownership change, Avengers Assemble did about the best it could with the mandate it hew closely to the filmverse.