Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Nashville (now on CMT) - Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-12, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Nashville -- "Someday You'll Call My Name" -- 10/24/12

I believe that Rayna is afraid that if she tours with Deacon and sings the songs with him that they wrote together when they were lovers she will be sucked into an affair she has held at arms length for years. She can't seperate Deacon and the music. She wants that for herself but is resisting for the sake of her family. Yet, she can't quite make herself let him go. A bit selfish I thought...

Is the oldest girl Deacon's? The father said that? I guess I missed it.
Old 10-28-12, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

girls with shiny shins freak me out.
Old 10-28-12, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy

Is the oldest girl Deacon's? The father said that? I guess I missed it.
It has been heavily implied, though I don't think they have come right out and stated it.
Old 10-31-12, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Nashville -- "We Live in Two Different Worlds" -- 10/31/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Kimberly Williams-Paisley ("According to Jim," "Father of the Bride") Guest Stars In a Multi-Episode Arc on "Nashville"

"Good Morning America" Co-Anchor Robin Roberts Makes a Cameo Appearance

"We Live in Two Different Worlds" - Rayna and Teddy's relationship is tested when Rayna performs with Deacon at Teddy's campaign fundraiser and a woman from Teddy's past (Kimberly Williams-Paisley) shows up with a secret. Meanwhile, Juliette tries to burnish her image with an appearance on "Good Morning America" and is interviewed by Robin Roberts; Gunnar makes a connection with his publisher's assistant, Hailey; and Teddy and Coleman agree to take the moral high ground during the campaign -- but will it last? "Nashville" airs WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Episode 4 of 13
Old 11-03-12, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Nashville -- "We Live in Two Different Worlds" -- 10/31/12

Man, Juliette was such a diva to Robin Roberts. What a bitch.

Ooh I wonder what Rayna's husbands big secret is with Kimberly Williams-Paisley?

Good for Gunnar to finally get some. I was a little annoyed with Scarlett this episode. They made her so clingy to her idiot boyfriend.
Old 11-03-12, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Nashville -- "We Live in Two Different Worlds" -- 10/31/12

Is there any way they don't go with the obvious now that Juliette has lost her tour support? That just seems WAY TOO obvious, but then again, with all the intertwined stories on this show, it almost seems like they'd have to do that.
Old 11-06-12, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Did anyone else feel "icky" when those little girls were singing that song with lyrics like "you left secrets in my bed"?

I thought it was hilarious that they all were applauding about how good they were instead of being horrified by what they were singing.
My wife sang "Sexual Healing" in a grade school talent show not having a clue what the song was about, an act that would have gotten her expelled these days!
Speaking of icky, the Deacon - Juliette thing is a little creepy to me, too. I mean, the guy is my age - don't get me wrong, I'd be ankle deep in her faced with the same opportunity, but it seems a little inappropriate, Julitte's motives aside.
Old 11-07-12, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Nashville -- "Move It on Over" -- 11/07/12

Synopsis:

Rayna considers moving on after Deacon starts to set boundaries in their relationship; Juliette struggles with her mom's addictions and Deacon offers a helping hand -- which leads to difficult memories from his past; Teddy is worried that his mayoral campaign will be derailed when his past with Peggy and his financial troubles border on being exposed; and tension with Avery and Gunnar is at a boiling point, as Scarlet feels the pressure to pick her path, on "Nashville," WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 7 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Read more: Listings - NASHVILLE on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2BaigGqW6

Episode 5 of 13 (still awaiting it's fate)
Old 11-07-12, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Nashville -- "Move It on Over" -- 11/07/12

I sure hope the cancellation bear leaves this one be!
Old 11-12-12, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk God

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/abc-...-season-order/

ABC ordered a full season today.

Whew!!! I was worried about this show. Glad they are committing to it.
Old 11-12-12, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

I think I really like this show but it doesn't really stick with me. When it's over it doesn't leave me wanting more.
Old 11-12-12, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice to hear it's getting a full season. I know the ratings have been disappointing.

Originally Posted by Timber
I think I really like this show but it doesn't really stick with me. When it's over it doesn't leave me wanting more.
It's kind of a low-key, slice-of-life show. Hayden and the guy who plays Deacon are the real standouts.
Old 11-13-12, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/abc-...-season-order/

ABC ordered a full season today.

Whew!!! I was worried about this show. Glad they are committing to it.
Well at least we're getting a full season. I don't like soap opry shows, or country music, but I really like this one for some reason.
Old 11-13-12, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk God

I think my favorite 2 storylines in this show are Deacon/Juliette and Gunnar/Scarlett/the douchebag boyfriend. Rayna has sort of taken a backseat in the last few weeks to the supporting characters.

at Scarlett's douchebag boyfriend for hijacking the song with his guitar solo and screwing up the writing deal. I enjoyed the song they performed during that session.

Deacon IMO is probably one of the more compelling characters on the show. He's battling some inner demons, sleeping with a much younger girl and still has feelings for an old lover.
Old 11-13-12, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
Deacon IMO is probably one of the more compelling characters on the show. He's battling some inner demons, sleeping with a much younger girl and still has feelings for an old lover.
He's my favorite character. I'm rooting for the guy.
Old 11-14-12, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Nashville -- "You're Gonna Change (or I'm Gonna Leave)" -- 11/14/12

Synopsis:

"You're Gonna Change (or I'm Gonna Leave)" - Rayna wants to change her sound and seeks out the help of a highly successful music producer, Liam McGuinnis, played by Michiel Huison ("Treme"); Juliette goes on a sham date with a squeaky-clean NFL quarterback as a PR move for her tarnished image; meanwhile, Lamar's plan to delay Coleman with a police traffic stop on his way to an important photo op for both candidates works too well, and Scarlett's relationship with Avery gets rocky, on "Nashville," WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 14 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Read more: Listings - NASHVILLE on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2CFbzOnFX

Episode 6 of 22

In case you didn't read last week's thread. ABC ordered a full 22 episode season this week.
Old 11-15-12, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Nashville -- "You're Gonna Change (or I'm Gonna Leave)" -- 11/14/12

Looks like the mayoral campaign should prove even more challenging with the latest incidents.

I want to like Juliette, but every time she does something good, she turns around and does something bitchy.

I hope this is the end (or at least the beginning of it) for Avery and Scarlett. (If it is, how quickly will Gunnar drop Hailey?)

I root for Deacon so much... just whatever would make him happy.
Old 11-15-12, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Nashville -- "You're Gonna Change (or I'm Gonna Leave)" -- 11/14/12

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 11-28-12, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Nashville -- "Lovesick Blues" -- 11/28/12

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
"Lovesick Blues" - Marshall Evans continues to pressure Rayna and Juliette to collaborate at an event at the Ryman theater, Teddy is forced to reveal the truth to Rayna when Peggy's desperation hits its peak, and in an effort to move past her failed relationship to Avery, Scarlett finds herself closer to Gunnar, on "Nashville," WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 28 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Episode 7 of 22

Kimberly Williams-Paisley (Peggy) was just promoted to series regular this week.

Also, I'm sure none of you knew this, but the actor who plays Avery (Scarlett's boyfriend) Jonathan Jackson played Kyle Reese on Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles.
Old 11-30-12, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Nashville -- "Lovesick Blues" -- 11/28/12

Great episode of an under-appreciated show. It may be a bit soapy, but I like that they don't budge from the serial format. I also like that it isn't preachy and for the most part, is without the good/bad paradigms. Every character has the potential to do good or bad things .... all depends on the circumstances. Very smart show.
Old 12-02-12, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Nashville -- "Lovesick Blues" -- 11/28/12

Awesome episode. Even if your not a huge soap opera fan, the characters on this show are very muti-dimensional and compelling.

Absolutely loved the duet between Rayna and Juliette. Connie and Hayden had good chemistry performing together. Also, it's good to see Deacon happy for a change.

Also, they announced on the broadcast the soundtrack is available for pre-order (It's on Amazon for $10) I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I'm not a hardcore country music fan, but I really like the music on this show.

It's inevitable that Gunnar and Scarlett will end up together. There's just way too much sexual tension/romantic chemistry between them.

at how Scarlett once again discovering what a scumbag her boyfriend is.

Edit: I just found out that Clare Bowen (Scarlett) is Australian. Would have never guessed.

Last edited by DJariya; 12-02-12 at 08:36 PM.
Old 12-05-12, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Nashville -- "Where He Leads Me" -- 12/05/12

Synopsis:

Kimberly Williams-Paisley, Wyclef Jean, Tilky Montgomery Jones ("Pretty Little Liars"), Michiel Huisman ("Treme") and Daniel Buran ("True Blood") Guest Star

"Where He Leads Me" - Rayna needs to take a look at what's really important to her after hearing Teddy's side of the story about Peggy; Juliette feels a sense of belonging with Sean's family that she has never experienced before; Gunnar risks his partnership with Scarlett when he confesses his feelings; and music producer Dominic Wells invites Avery to Atlanta to work together while Deacon gets an amazing offer to tour -- but both opportunities come with a price -- on "Nashville," WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 5 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Read more: Listings - NASHVILLE on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2EFEuma5u

Episode 8 of 22

Last new episode until January 9th

For those interested, the CD soundtrack is available for pre-order. Comes out next Tuesday. It's only $10. I went ahead and ordered a copy.

http://www.amazon.com/Music-Nashvill...ords=nashville
Old 12-06-12, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Nashville -- "Where He Leads Me" -- 12/05/12

I REALLY hate to say this... but I think I'm gonna buy the soundtrack, too.
Old 12-06-12, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

I like this show, but I'm getting REALLY tired of that huge wall of text all the way across the bottom of the screen hawking the sountrack through the entire thing. Three tiers of lettering in huge font that reaches almost over to the ABC logo. We get it, there's a soundtrack. Now let us watch the freaking show.
Old 12-08-12, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Really enjoyed this episode. It was a good follow up to last week.

It's actually nice to see Juliette nice and not bitchy for a change. I guess the main reason for that is she's never actually had a family and that appealed to her. However I have a feeling it's not got to last too long, especially after that chat with her new boyfriend's Mom. And seriously does that guy really expect her to hold out until marriage?

I'm also enjoying the Gunnar and Scarlett storyline. It's quite interesting to see these people follow and chase their dreams and the ups and downs they face. Finally Gunnar has some balls to make a move. I didn't realize the actor who plays Gunnar is British until I saw those cell phone commercials during the breaks.

As mentioned before, I'm really rooting for Deacon. Good to see things are looking up for him.

at Rayna's fakeness at the press conference. Now we got dirty politics thrown into the mix.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.