Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Breaking Bad -- "Hazard Pay" -- 7/29/12

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-12, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
Re: Breaking Bad -- "Hazard Pay" -- 7/29/12

Re: Walt's line at the end of the episode.

I like some of the interpretations discussed here. My first thought was that this was an example of Walt shifting from interpreting actions through his ego-lens to interpreting them through the lens of a sociopathic businessman. He's becoming the kind of monster you see on the Sopranos, and he's starting to see the real business side to things.

Initially, he saw everything revolving around himself. He didn't even go to the obvious "he killed him because he's now a person of interest to the police" interpretation. But now he's thinking "It was brutal, but I could totally see why someone would do that to one of their men." Pretty scary.

And not mutually exclusive with any of the other interpretations of this scene.
Old 04-02-13, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
That on top of watching Jesse's girl die. Killing other drug dealers/druglords is is one thing, but Jesse's girl and Brock are innocents in this chess game.

Yes she threatened blackmail, but that could have been solved via other means.
Originally Posted by Larry C.
He didn't kill her, he just let a junkie that could have dragged Jesse with her die.
actually he (Walt) did kill Jane
earlier in the episode they made a point of showing putting a towel behind baby Holly on here side so she wouldn't choke on her back and when Walt went to wake Jesse up he shook him knocking Jane over from her side onto her back from where she choked on her own vomit and died

sorry but the bump is because I am just catching up on this season
saw lots of speculation about the possible re-occurance of the cig later down the line and the possible death of someone because of it (again not sure it could come from smoking due to the delivery method of the bottled ricin) .... but wouldn't it be ironic is Skyboro got cancer from smoking or that it was revealed that her early use of cigs and the secondhand smoke was what caused Walt's cancer

Last edited by musick; 04-02-13 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-23-14, 12:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler
I thought of the movie, and thought Mike was speaking highly of Gus.
No shit.

--