TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Scream: The TV Series (MTV) -- Series Thread -- premieres 6/30/15

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-13, 06:15 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: MTV developing Scream TV series

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Maybe they'll end the first episode with the revelation that EVERYTHING from the past few years was just a bad dream, then go back to playing music videos!
Music videos don't pay the bills.

Please take your joke from 2002 and tune into MTV3 or whatever plays music videos.
Old 04-27-13, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

You sit alone at parties a lot there?
Old 04-02-14, 11:35 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Ghostface, meet your new tormentees.

MTV has begun the casting process for its one-hour drama pilot based the Scream film franchise, and we’ve got intel on four series-regular characters.

The pilot, penned by Jill Blotevogel (Ravenswood, Harper’s Island, Eureka), kicks off with a YouTube video going viral, which will have adverse repercussions for teenager Audrey and seemingly serve as the “catalyst for a murder that opens up a window to [her] town’s troubled past.”

The show’s main characters, whose ethnicities are still to be determined, will include:

* Harper Duval: A 16-year-old beauty “who’s a little too introverted and intellectual to be a social butterfly” but has nevertheless been annointed by the popular crowd to be one of their own. “She feels guilty that she has drifted away from former best friend Audrey,” but at least she’s got a Gilmore Girls-esque relationship with mom Maggie to keep her sane.

* Audrey Jesen: Haper’s former BFF is described as “the bi-curious daughter of a Lutheran pastor” who’s “more arresting-looking than pretty.” This “artsy loner” dreams of being a filmmaker and shares a close bond with tech genius Noah.

* Noah Foster: Audrey’s closest confidante is “creative, brilliant and tech-savvy enough to be the next Steve Jobs.” Lucky for him, he’s got a great sense of humor (“a la John Cusack in his teen prime”) that helps him navigate the halls of his high school. What’s more, Noah possesses “an encyclopedic knowledge of books, films, TV, apps, etc.”

* Margaret “Maggie” Duval: Harper’s mom, in her early to mid-40s, is the town’s medical examiner, “a grown-up science geek who plays down her beauty.” Maggie spends a lot of her time trying to make up for the fact that Harper’s dad abandoned them. Oh, and she’s harboring “a dark secret from her past.”
Old 04-02-14, 11:54 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear they're doing what I hoped and doing it with new characters and not a direct remake with a recast Sydney, Dewey, etc. This potentially could be good, but it will all rest on execution. Teen Wolf has done a really good job of being teen-oriented in a non-annoying way, so if they can pull that off here they might have something.

On the other hand, if they decide to pander to the teen audience this will be wretched.
Old 04-02-14, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I loved Harper's Island. I might have to check this out.
Old 04-02-14, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001
I loved Harper's Island. I might have to check this out.
I'm just learning about this show now. Interested in checking it out, but without any spoilers, does it have a satisfying ending? Something close to satisfying?
Old 04-02-14, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes I would say it was satisfying. Maybe a bit predicatable but satisfying. Its good fun, just don't take it too seriously.
Old 04-02-14, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

I haven't watched MTV since the first couple of seasons of "Real World". Do they have any kind of track record for this type of show? And how far can they push the ratings ... TVMA like AMC?
Old 04-03-14, 06:58 AM

Apparently Teen Wolf is pretty popular...
Old 04-03-14, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Goat3001
Yes I would say it was satisfying. Maybe a bit predicatable but satisfying. Its good fun, just don't take it too seriously.
Cool!
Old 04-03-14, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 722 Likes on 589 Posts

I did not know MTV still existed
Old 04-03-14, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by brainee
I haven't watched MTV since the first couple of seasons of "Real World". Do they have any kind of track record for this type of show? And how far can they push the ratings ... TVMA like AMC?
they tried a US remake of the Uk series Skins that was TV-MA and it was fucking awful (& got cancelled after 1 season) & they did a remake of the inbetweeners which was even worse & also was cancelled after 1 season
Old 08-05-14, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

From EW.com

MTV’s televised take on the modern classic meta-horror franchise Scream has found its cast and director.

The cable network and Dimension TV announced today that Scream is moving forward, and will star Willa Fitzgerald (Alpha House, Royal Pains), Amy Forsyth (Reign), John Karna (The Neighbors), Carlson Young (Key and Peele) and Amadeus Serafini in key roles. In addition, Jamie Travis (Faking It) will direct the pilot. “Scream has been one of our largest and most treasured franchises at Dimension and we are thrilled to embark on the next chapter and join forces with a network that we love,” said Bob Weinstein, co-chairman The Weinstein Company and Dimension Films.

MTV first announced that Scream had a pilot order back in May 2013. Jill Blotevogel (Ravenswood) is the showrunner. Jay Beattie and Dan Dworkin (Criminal Minds) wrote the pilot script. Here are the official character descriptions:

Willa Fitzgerald as EMMA DUVAL: A classic beauty whose looks and popularity hide a natural shyness and intellectual nature. Her new life with the “in crowd” leaves her estranged her from childhood best friend Audrey.

Amy Forsyth as AUDREY JENSEN: The daughter of a Lutheran pastor, Audrey is an artsy loner who aspires to be a filmmaker.

John Karna as NOAH FOSTER: Creative computer genius with a vast knowledge of pop culture and the tech world. Best friends with Audrey.

Carlson Young as BROOKE MADDOX: Charismatic leader of the popular crew whose personality vacillates between bubbly sweetness and ferocious sex appeal.

Amadeus Serafini as KIERAN WILCOX: The mysterious new kid in town, Kieran’s got a dark side and a tough exterior that hints at experience beyond his years.
Old 08-05-14, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Can't lie.....i'll probably watch it.
Old 08-05-14, 01:13 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MTV first announced that Scream had a pilot order back in May 2013. Jill Blotevogel (Ravenswood) is the showrunner.
That's actually a decent choice. Ravenswood wasn't perfect, but I thought it had a nice spooky atmosphere for what it was.
Old 08-06-14, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Can't lie.....i'll probably watch it.
I'll watch it too. Horror related TV shows are a hot genre. Some shows aren't extremely great, but they are a break from other genres.
Old 08-07-14, 06:59 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

I'll watch it because basically I'm a sucker for anything 'Scream' related...given it's on MTV doesn't fill me full of hope, but at least I won't be expecting too much and hopefully will impressed
Old 08-15-14, 01:58 PM

Blah... I find this girl really annoying.

MTV is hoping to make its Scream pilot No. 1 — with a “Bullet” — by recasting a major role.

Bex Taylor-Klaus (The Killing‘s Bullet, Arrow‘s Sin) will now play Audrey Jensen, best friend of Willa Fitzgerald’s Emma. She replaces Reign‘s Amy Forsyth, a decision that was reportedly made after the table read for the pilot, according to our sister site Deadline.

The daughter of a Lutheran pastor, Audrey is described as an artsy loner who aspires to be a filmmaker. The project — penned by Jay Beattie and Dan Dworkin (Criminal Minds, The Event, Revenge) and helmed by Jamie Travis (Faking It, For a Good Time, Call…) — kicks off with a YouTube video going viral, which will have adverse repercussions for Audrey and seemingly serve as the “catalyst for a murder that opens up a window to [her] town’s troubled past.”

In addition to the recast, Scream has also added Bobby Campo (Being Human), Connor Weil (Sharknado) and Joel Gretsch (Witches of East End) in recurring roles.
Old 10-21-14, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The series won't feature the Ghost Face mask due to rights issues.
http://www.thewrap.com/mtvs-scream-s...-mask-creator/
Old 10-21-14, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Which is why this series is pointless. When people think Scream, they think of GhostFace.

*rant
Oh, and R.J. Tolbert is not the masks creator. He just takes credit for someone else work. He came up with the name and that's it. R.J. is Director of Licensing.
I never liked the guy going around boasting as if GhostFace was his creation. The real creator was Brigitte Linden and you can see all her designs she submitted to FunWorld
http://s2.photobucket.com/user/Ghost...?sort=3&page=1
Old 10-28-14, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk God

http://deadline.com/2014/10/scream-s...nchise-864239/

Officially ordered to series. Coming October 2015. 10 episodes were ordered. If this isn't TV-MA, then I won't touch it.
Old 04-12-15, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk God

<iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:1189291/cp~vid%3D1189291%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A1189291" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Get More:
MTV Shows

1st trailer. Premiere got moved up. Will air June 30th.
Old 04-12-15, 10:28 PM

Doesn't look like Scream to me.
Old 04-13-15, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

I loved the original movie, but I have no interest in this. There seems to be 2 types of TV viewers these days: People who enjoy this reguritated stuff and people who want only original stuff. There is so much of this shit on TV (mostly on these types of channels along with ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX), is probably the reason why I avoid these networks anymore.

Thank god for HBO, AMC, Showtime, etc, or I would only watch Sports on TV anymore.
Old 04-13-15, 06:21 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QFnolwXIcHg?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u72oaz4jnM4?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.