Reload this Page >

NBC Announces Fall 2012-13 Schedule

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

NBC Announces Fall 2012-13 Schedule

Old 05-13-12, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts
Re: NBC Announces Fall 2012-13 Schedule

So is Smash officially gone, or will it just return around the same time frame as it debuted this year?

Also, why do all networks do encore programming on Saturday night? When did that become "no man's land" for the networks?
Old 05-13-12, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
So is Smash officially gone, or will it just return around the same time frame as it debuted this year?

Also, why do all networks do encore programming on Saturday night? When did that become "no man's land" for the networks?
Smash was renewed. Premiering midseason.

People stopped watching new scripted shows on Saturdays about 10 years ago. Sports usually does well in the ratings on Saturdays.
Old 05-13-12, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Great move honestly community has a better chance of survival on friday, NBC will likely own the 18-49 demo
Not with Whitney as its lead in. They should have just canceled it.

Fuck NBC.
Old 05-13-12, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by madcougar
Not with Whitney as its lead in. They should have just canceled it.

Fuck NBC.
I read another quote from Bob Greenblatt, NBC's President, and he said he wanted to add another night of comedy. 3 nights now...Wed-Friday. And he said he believes the people who are truly diedhard Community fans will follow it wherever it goes.

But, I'm sure for most here, you would have rather seen 30 Rock or Up All Night go to that timeslot instead?

Greenblatt isn't a stupid guy like Zucker or Ben Silverman. He worked at Showtime for years and helped develop alot of their most successful shows like Dexter. This is a long term rebuilding project. He's literally cleaning up a huge mess from those eras. It's not easy to find a new hit show or timeslot that will help an existing show.

Last edited by DJariya; 05-13-12 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-13-12, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts

Revolution sounds interesting but when was the last time a NBC show succeeded in that timeslot? That's a male-oriented show and it's going to get killed by H50, not to mention male audience lost to MNF/ESPN. If they are going to throw it in that slot, at least wait until football season is over.
Old 05-13-12, 03:59 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Revolution looks fantastic. Wow. That is exactly what NBC needs.

Animal Practice looks promising, Go On and The New Normal...meh.

Not interested in a show about firefighters, so pass.

Community and Whitney is the biggest WTF. I still have a feeling ABC may relaunch TGIF, and if so, and if The Middle launches the night, Community might be screwed. But if not...it could work. But those two shows are just not compatible. At all. That leads into Grimm? HUH?
Old 05-13-12, 04:01 PM
Suspended

Wait...Thursday is essentially unchanged (some flip-flops). They didn't even try to launch a new show?
Old 05-13-12, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Wait...Thursday is essentially unchanged (some flip-flops). They didn't even try to launch a new show?
Have you seen Awake's ratings? It's obvious that noone wants to watch scripted shows on Thursdays at 10pm anymore on NBC. All 3 shows they tried there this past season failed.
Old 05-13-12, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still have a feeling ABC may relaunch TGIF, and if so, and if The Middle launches the night, Community might be screwed.
Is it just a gut feeling like all of your other false predictions or did you actually read this somewhere reliable?
Old 05-13-12, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk God

I'm a little annoyed that the Revolution trailer didn't mention it was from Eric Kripke, the creator of Supernatural. He has alot of fans from his work on that show as showrunner and head writer for 5 years. JJ Abrams probably will have little to no involvement with the show. I know he's a bigger name, but still. That didn't help Undercovers
Old 05-13-12, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Revolution sounds interesting but when was the last time a NBC show succeeded in that timeslot?
That was launched in the last 6 years....Zero.

But, it does have The Voice as a lead-in though and that does get big ratings.
Old 05-13-12, 04:15 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by mcfly
Is it just a gut feeling like all of your other false predictions or did you actually read this somewhere reliable?
Huh? This has been rumored for a long time since Paul Lee took over ABC. Once again, I said "I still have a feeling ABC may relaunch TGIF...". Stop acting like a ten year old.
Old 05-13-12, 04:17 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by DJariya
Have you seen Awake's ratings? It's obvious that noone wants to watch scripted shows on Thursdays at 10pm anymore on NBC. All 3 shows they tried there this past season failed.
I didn't mean the 10pm slot (never bothered with Awake as it looked as good as dead), more like the 8-10 slot. All of those are returning shows that have already been on Thursday before. Seems like maybe launching one of their promising new comedies after The Office is a better choice than a show now in it's 5th Season. That audience isn't going to grow.
Old 05-13-12, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,359 Likes on 922 Posts

Old 05-13-12, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk God

For anyone who cares, the following shows have also been cancelled by NBC:

Fear Factor (again)
The Marriage Ref
Minute to win it
Who do you think you are?
The Sing-Off
Old 05-13-12, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 699 Likes on 570 Posts

Who Do You Think You Are had interesting people but the show was so boring.

So the Voice is coming back for one long season or 2 seasons like dancing with stars?

Rock Center is ok and better than that girly show 20/20.
Old 05-13-12, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Huh? This has been rumored for a long time since Paul Lee took over ABC. Once again, I said "I still have a feeling ABC may relaunch TGIF...". Stop acting like a ten year old.
I'm well aware you said it was a feeling, that's why I asked if GizmoDVD was the source or a reputable one.

Ten year olds spit bullshit with no source for their opinions. I'm still waiting for Fox to pick up My Name Is Earl since you were so adamant on them giving it a proper final season.
Old 05-13-12, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
So the Voice is coming back for one long season or 2 seasons like dancing with stars?
2 cycles. Fall and Spring. However, there is no guaranteed that Christina, Adam, Blake and Cee-Lo will return for the Spring cycle. They have touring/studio commitments.
Old 05-13-12, 04:45 PM
Suspended

I'm well aware you said it was a feeling, that's why I asked if GizmoDVD was the source or a reputable one.

Ten year olds spit bullshit with no source for their opinions. I'm still waiting for Fox to pick up My Name Is Earl since you were so adamant on them giving it a proper final season.
So your posting more bullshit. Cool. Welcome to the ignore list little guy.
Old 05-13-12, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Everyone thought Friday was a death slot for Fringe and it's done OK there. Obviously it has more leeway with Fox than other shows did, but still. I think if Community pulled the same numbers on Friday as it did on Thursday, NBC would be ecstatic.
Old 05-13-12, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk God

2 cycles. Fall and Spring. However, there is no guaranteed that Christina, Adam, Blake and Cee-Lo will return for the Spring cycle. They have touring/studio commitments.
that seems bizarre as hell. the same show with potentially 2 different casts.
Old 05-13-12, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts

I'm a little annoyed that the Revolution trailer didn't mention it was from Eric Kripke, the creator of Supernatural. He has alot of fans from his work on that show as showrunner and head writer for 5 years. JJ Abrams probably will have little to no involvement with the show. I know he's a bigger name, but still. That didn't help Undercovers
I don't know anything about Supernatural, but that's a good thing IMO, given the last few seasons of Lost and the Star Trek reboot.

That was launched in the last 6 years....Zero.

But, it does have The Voice as a lead-in though and that does get big ratings.
That can be good and bad. It will be under pressure to hold a good rating. And I'm not sure there is a much of a common audience btwn a talent show and sci-fi.
Old 05-13-12, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So your posting more bullshit. Cool. Welcome to the ignore list little guy.
If you can't differentiate between your and you're then I guess I shouldn't have ever taken your word for anything to begin with.
You guys sure do get your panties in a bunch. Go rejoice more in the Fringe thread where everyone thinks Fox saved it because it's just so good.
You don't have a lot of friends in real life, do you?

You just gave your own opinion as some bullshit fact in the Criterion HD thread. Talking out of your ass once in awhile is one thing, but treating yourself like you're on some high pedestal with lucrative inside info just because you live in Southern California is what makes most of what you say so damn entertaining.

Ignore me all you want, I'm just the only person to call you out on anything.
Originally Posted by Deftones
that seems bizarre as hell. the same show with essentially, 2 different casts.
NBC has a good thing going with The Voice. I'll watch it over AI any day, but if it's on twice a year it sounds like complete overkill.
Old 05-13-12, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a little annoyed that the Revolution trailer didn't mention it was from Eric Kripke, the creator of Supernatural.
Kripke's involvement is what tipped me from wait and see to giving it a chance. I didn't really like the trailer. It's a moderately interesting premise but the production looks cheap and the acting is spotty.
Old 05-13-12, 04:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Everyone thought Friday was a death slot for Fringe and it's done OK there.
Oh please. The only reason Fringe wasn't cancelled seasons ago is because Warner Bros practically throws money at Fox to keep it on. Sony already sold Community to Comedy Central. They don't need to reduce budgets and toss money at NBC to keep Community on the air anymore, nor will they.

The show's as good as dead.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.