TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: One World -- "It's Gonna Be Chaos" -- 5/02/12

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-12, 02:06 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Survivor: One World -- "It's Gonna Be Chaos" -- 5/02/12

Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
I skipped the family members entrance and assumed Kat's guy was a boyfriend. Boy was I shocked when Jeff said cousin during the reward challenge. There is something downright unnatural going on there.
Not that there's anything wrong with it.
Old 05-03-12, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Enjoyable episode, but sad to see Kat go. At least she was interesting and great for one-liners ("Is that real ketchup?"). It seems like every season whittles down to one person who runs the show and surrounds themselves with 4 or 5 lazy, boring idiots. It really makes the last few episodes drag along to the finale. Kim has played hard, but I suspect Tarzan will come out at the F3 and proclaim it was all a big hoax, and that he was brilliantly leading everyone else on. Shades of this in the next episode?

Also, what was the big deal with wanting to give the reward challenge to Christina and Tarzan? Was that just being said by everyone because they weren't the ones who had to make the decision, and it made Kat look bad? What was the whole thing with "Tarzan's wife's story"? Christina's dad had a kidney transplant, but what, they were the only married couple there?
Old 05-03-12, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
I commented to my wife tonight how I truly couldn't give a shit about any of these people seeing their loved ones. All of the remaining players are either so dumb or so unlikeable (or both), that there was no lump in my throat tonight at any point which usually happens at least once for somebody.
I say it every season. I and at the 'reunited' episodes - you're about 10 days from seeing your loved ones anyhow. I just FF through all that junk.

Sorry to see that nimrod go. I was looking forward to seeing her speech in the F3. Although the look on her face was priceless.
Old 05-03-12, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
I'm just not sure I see the logic of this move, as Kat, as dumb as she was, was going to follow Kim's lead until the end and I don't believe the paranoia they had that Kat might win because the guys liked her-final tribal alone with Kat having to speak so much would doom her if she wasn't doomed already.

It clearly wasn't what Kim wanted. She wanted Sabrina out, but when she saw how insistent Chelsea and Alicia were, she relented. I think she could have forced Sabrina down their throats, but it didn't make sense to do that. Since she didn't need Kat, it was easier to just go with the flow on this one.
Old 05-03-12, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I say it every season. I and at the 'reunited' episodes - you're about 10 days from seeing your loved ones anyhow. I just FF through all that junk.
Glad I'm not the only one. NEVER understood all that sobbing, especially when it's like a sister or mother. Maybe I'm just cold, but a few weeks without seeing my mother just wouldn't undo me.
Old 05-03-12, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by uteotw
Glad I'm not the only one. NEVER understood all that sobbing, especially when it's like a sister or mother. Maybe I'm just cold, but a few weeks without seeing my mother just wouldn't undo me.
The only thing I can think is that the pressure of the show really does get to them, and it's such a relief when something outside of that, someone who actually knows them shows up. But overall, I totally agree with you. That's just me trying to rationalize considering that shit happens on every reality show where they are isolated from talking to loved ones (Big Brother comes to mind).
Old 05-03-12, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by clckworang
The only thing I can think is that the pressure of the show really does get to them, and it's such a relief when something outside of that, someone who actually knows them shows up.
I think this is it exactly. Only a fool would trust anyone out there. You're on your own. I can't imagine you don't start feeling lonely and by the time that they do this episode, most people are on their last leg.

I don't cry when I watch these episodes, but I understand why these people do. But hey, if you're 35 and live in your mom's basement, I can see why you wouldn't miss her at all.
Old 05-03-12, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

I like the reunion episode. I rarely see my own mother, but the idea is it's someone very close to you, and someone you trust, after living and competing for 30 days with people whom you cannot trust at all. And the idea of getting the reunion anyway in 10 more days isn't really that enticing. If I haven't slept for 30 hours, and I can take a quick nap now even if I can sleep all I want in another 10 hours, I'm taking that nap. Not the greatest analogy in the world, but it's more about the time elapsed rather than the time to go.
Old 05-03-12, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Once again winning the loved ones reward challenge bites someone in the rear. That's just a no-win situation any way you look at it. I'll at least give Kat credit for being honest about her selection process not that it helped her in the end. She was the only entertaining person left so now what are they going to give us to watch?

So long you magnificent nutjob!
Old 05-03-12, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

I wonder if Kat ever figured out that BLTs come with bacon as standard equipment

As to the reunion, if you haven't been put in a position of not only being in an entirely different place on the planet along with not having ANY contact with outside people (Plus the people you're stuck with are hostile), you don't know how it feels. I've been there more than once (no, not jail or anything like that ). You're not looking at what is ahead but of what you've missed.
Old 05-03-12, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by mugwump
so now what are they going to give us to watch?
Hopefully more Chelsea
Old 05-03-12, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Kim is playing a brilliant game. She has even gone as far as growing a mustache to get the men's votes.
Old 05-03-12, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88
Kim is playing a brilliant game. She has even gone as far as growing a mustache to get the men's votes.
I was gonna say something about that but I wasn't sure if it was dirt or a shadow. Also saw a few furry pits.

The preview also showed Tarzan
Spoiler:
with a shave.
Old 05-03-12, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Cannot wait to hear what Kat says at Final Tribal.
Old 05-03-12, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

I wonder if she will be able to grasp the concept of voting for a winner. If not, hilarity will ensue.
Old 05-03-12, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I think I watched it in fast forward in about 12 minutes, I have zero interest in hearing what they were saying most of the time.
Old 05-03-12, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dino88
Zing!
Old 05-03-12, 04:56 PM

"it hurts my feelings more because I don't want to see their faces be mad"?
"it was the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life" (picking which 2 people to take on the reward)

I'm surprised they voted her out this close to the end... I can't see her stringing two coherent sentences together at the final tribal, so unless she was treating the male tribe like she was her cousin (not that there's anything wrong with that), I can't see the jury giving her 1 mil. All the folks had to do was look at the reactions the jury had whenever Kat opened up her mouth at tribal last night

Originally Posted by Timber
I think if Sabrina hadn't brought up the idea Chelsea would have done whatever Kim wanted her to do. So while I agree that Chelsea worked for it she was just doing someone else's bidding like she has done all along.
I think so too, weren't the 4 non-reward winners sitting around saying hey let's vote out Kat and saying "all we need is 4" (I know Tarzan wasn't totally up on the idea... but they had 4 people right there). Than in a confessional Chelsea said something about wanting to talk to Kim about it.

Seems to me like she's not the brains behind the operation and is more a follower. Though if she and tribe somehow wises up and realizes Kim needs to be taken out I think she has a real good shot at winning - she also knows that Kim has an immunity idol so if she doesn't take her out at next tribal, Kim plays it at final 5 and then it will be hard to get rid of her
Old 05-03-12, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

My initial thought when Kat lost to Kim was that none of those gals are going to be able to beat that dude in challenges. Then I remembered she isn't a dude. Her sister was pretty hot though.
Old 05-03-12, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GuessWho
"I'm gonna get drunk!"
Old 05-03-12, 10:05 PM

I was amazed Alicia's sister looked normal. They must not be blood sisters.
Old 05-03-12, 11:24 PM
Cool New Member

Did I just hear Kat say she would "Bang" Jeff just for a chance to get back in the game to redeem herself? Or was it just me?
Old 05-03-12, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Melencio
Did I just hear Kat say she would "Bang" Jeff just for a chance to get back in the game to redeem herself? Or was it just me?
Beg
Old 05-04-12, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Loved the field trip episode of Ponderosa that mostly featured Kat.

Wow, she looked incredible throughout, the nice shot of her backside getting on the ferry was a bonus and she was stunning at the next tribal.

Nothing wrong with Kat that a gag couldn't easily remedy.
Old 05-04-12, 12:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Watching Kat's Ponderosa video.

"Is that real ketchup?"

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.