Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Voice (NBC) Singing Competition -- Series Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-12, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: The Voice -- The Live Performances Thread -- Mondays/Tuesdays (NBC)

I finally realized why Jamar Rogers looked so familiar to me. He was Danny Gokey's friend on American Idol who should've made it to the live shows, but the judges cut him.
Old 05-07-12, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Christina is such a ****. Her bitch comments are probably getting Tony more votes than taking away from him. I don't think he's the even in Juliet's league but I want to see him win just to stick it to Christina.
Old 05-07-12, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cant quote above, because I HATE that word, but I agree with the sentiment. I never wanted to bitch slap anyone more than I want to bitch slap Christina. Her attitude towards Adam and especially Tony has been downright RUDE. SHe couldnt even celebrate and give him kudos for being in the final. AND did she call his son his daughter??? And then when he was paying his respects to the coaches she was picking at her nails or texting. Someone needs to call her out. Love that Adam did but he kept it classy. She's horrible.
Old 05-08-12, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Yeah, she was so offset night. I felt she was better early on, but now she's worse than S1. Plus she always has to bring it back to her. Why did I sound bad - oh I'm sick.

Also, whoever dressed her for duet should be fired. Worst thing she could possibly wear. Breasts looked so bad almost falling out, and then the straps too tight on the back.

Based on last night, I'd say Chris Mann should win. However, I think Jermain might have been helped by his duet. Unfortunately, Juliette may have peaked last week.
Old 05-08-12, 07:44 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

age (and Twinkies) is a bitch.

Old 05-08-12, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Christina Aguilera is such a hypocrite. I'm hoping Tony Lucca takes it all.

If iTunes is any indication, in their top 100 right now:

#3 Lucca's 99 Problems
#7 Lucca and Levine's Yesterday
#10 Juliet's Free Bird
#11 Mann and Aguilera's Prayer
#12 Mann's You Raise Me Up
#13 Jermaine's I Believe I Can Fly
Old 05-08-12, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I figure this is like Idol - you may be better off in he long run not winning.
Old 05-08-12, 12:06 PM

I was a Tony Lucca fan before this show, so I've been rooting for him but not really expecting him to win. However, the Itunes charts make it seem like he has a really good shot at this! I know that many of the votes are being cast against Christina rather than for Tony. So, I find it comical that her obvious disdain for him keeps putting him in the spotlight, and ultimately closer to winning the whole thing.

Chris Mann seemed uncomfortable with Christina's behavior. I definitely noticed him glance Adam's way when Christina made her "real man" comments. I feel bad for the guy, as he's the one being penalized for Christina's outbursts. I hope she isn't invited back next year.
Old 05-08-12, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 578 Likes on 417 Posts

On a different note, I thought Freebird was an awful choice of a song. I'm a Skynyrd fan, but that song is really kinda boring, and gave her no place to go.
Old 05-08-12, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Renee
..I feel bad for the guy, as he's the one being penalized for Christina's outbursts. I hope she isn't invited back next year.
what started her on this? Admittedly, I didn't see much of this show the past couple weeks, but did something happen?
Old 05-08-12, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JayDerek
what started her on this? Admittedly, I didn't see much of this show the past couple weeks, but did something happen?
Maybe something behind the scenes because when she first saw Tony she seemed genuinely excited for him to be there. Or maybe she's just pissed that all her more successful Mickey Mouse Club friends are on his side.

I actually think Lucca wins. His performance yesterday was the most "download-worthy". I think Jermaine and Chris Mann both have better voices but we all know it's not always about that. I can see Juliet pulling it out too.
Old 05-08-12, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I always got a douchey vibe from Chris Mann.

I like how Juliet swings for the fences when she sings, but she's more a live-performance type of talent, not quite a recording artist.

Lucca bores me.

Jermaine reminds me of that black gay copy on "The Shield".
Old 05-08-12, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JayDerek
The first time she got really pissy to him was on a performance night after Justin timberlake had tweeted to his followers that they should support Tony...maybe she thought it was an unfair advantage, but hey, the guy is friends with timberlake so why not use it?
Old 05-08-12, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DVDChris
I finally realized why Jamar Rogers looked so familiar to me. He was Danny Gokey's friend on American Idol who should've made it to the live shows, but the judges cut him.
Oh wow.. now I remember him... can't believe I hadn't noticed this before. He got quite a bit of air time in those first weeks.
Old 05-08-12, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

It seemed like Flo Rida was kinda ignoring Juliet after and even during their performance.
Old 05-08-12, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by JMLEWIS1
The first time she got really pissy to him was on a performance night after Justin timberlake had tweeted to his followers that they should support Tony...maybe she thought it was an unfair advantage, but hey, the guy is friends with timberlake so why not use it?
She actually believes this is a singing competition . Justin Bieber also tweeted to his fans he hopes Adam/Adam's team wins. I think it will be 2 in a row for Adam and the 1st WGWG for the Voice.
Old 05-09-12, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Couldn't make it to the end last night, but I'm surprised by the results. Although to be fair I don't think anybody was ever a clear gap front runner. At least there is debate surrounding this year in the days to follow.
Old 05-09-12, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm fine with Jermaine winning, but I honestly think having Christina as his coach may have cost Chris Mann some votes at the end, based on how she was acting in the last few weeks. Aside from Tony Luca, I would have been happy with any of the other three winning.
Old 05-09-12, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by DVDChris
Are you sure? I ask because when I first saw him, that's who I thought it was. I watched that season of AI really closely because 1) it was the only season that our office had an office pool, and 2) I hate hate hate Danny Gokey. I thought that Jamar was that guy, but I talked myself out of it because I didn't think Jamar's back story matched for some reason and I couldn't imagine this Jamar being friends with AI Danny Gokey.
Old 05-09-12, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Laertes
Are you sure? I ask because when I first saw him, that's who I thought it was. I watched that season of AI really closely because 1) it was the only season that our office had an office pool, and 2) I hate hate hate Danny Gokey. I thought that Jamar was that guy, but I talked myself out of it because I didn't think Jamar's back story matched for some reason and I couldn't imagine this Jamar being friends with AI Danny Gokey.
Yeah, it's him. Tons of stuff about it if you google Jamar Gokey.
Old 05-09-12, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
Yeah, it's him. Tons of stuff about it if you google Jamar Gokey.
To which I can only say "ugh." I was right, then I talked myself out of it. I take this opportunity to once again say that I cannot stand Danny Gokey. Ugh.
Old 05-09-12, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Did AI play up the HIV angle with Jamar, or just his friendship with the Gokey?
Old 05-09-12, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
Did AI play up the HIV angle with Jamar, or just his friendship with the Gokey?
No mention of Gokey (unless I fast forwarded through it). Hence my uncertainty and eventual mistaken belief it wasn't him. They played up the survivor/redemption angle of his story.
Old 05-09-12, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Laertes
To which I can only say "ugh." I was right, then I talked myself out of it. I take this opportunity to once again say that I cannot stand Danny Gokey. Ugh.
Yeah I talked myself out of it in the beginning as well. Then I decided to look it up. Jamar should've made it on Idol along with Gokey.
Old 05-09-12, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Congrats to Jermaine Paul. He wasn't my favorite, but I liked him and most of his performances.

I saw most of the finale and enjoyed his rendition of "I believe I can Fly" even though that song is beyond tired and overplayed.

I have to see what kind of album he plans to put out before I can fully judge him as an artist. I hope Universal Records will get him some good Producers and Songwriters. IMO, he needs to work with a good Producer to refine his vocals.

I think the trouble with Chris Mann is him being pretty 1-dimensional. He's very talented singer, but based on his song selections on Monday, he just came across as a 2nd rate Andrea Bocelli and Josh Groban. Recording-wise, his audience will be pretty small IMO.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.