Reload this Page >

Dallas -- New TNT Series -- Extended Trailer Premiering June 13th

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-02-12, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,547 Likes on 2,541 Posts

This officially premieres in a little over 1 month. Not sure if everyone here knows about it or has seen the promos/trailers. I figured I would go ahead and post it here. This is the full 2 1/2 minute trailer.

<param name='allowfullscreen' value='true' ><param name='allowscriptaccess' value='always' ><param name='movie' value='http://i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/TNT/cvp/tnt_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=205954' ><param name='bgcolor' 'value='#FFFFFF' ><embed src='http://i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/TNT/cvp/tnt_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=205954' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' bgcolor='#FFFFFF' allowfullscreen='true' allowscriptaccess='always' width='442' height='375'></embed></object>

I never watched Dallas regularly when it was on CBS back in the late 70's and 80's in it's hey day. Was a little too young, but I know all the main characters and alot of the key plot points. Looking forward to this continuation of it.
Old 05-03-12, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dallas -- New TNT Series -- Extended Trailer Premiering June 13th

I'm excited about this show as well - despite being way too young to have watched the series back in the day like the OP. But I have watched the first 2 seasons on DVD and random episodes here and there - so I'm interested in seeing what the update is all about.

I'm just wondering if there is a market for something like this and what the ratings will be.
Old 05-03-12, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am about to finish up the original show (five episodes and 3 tv movies left) and I am excited for this (sans Jesse Metcalfe who I really don't enjoy watching - hoping he is at least serviceable as Christopher).

The original (at least the first 11 seasons and the 13th season) is very good and if anyone is even thinking about getting invested in it - it's worth it. I could watch it again to be honest.
Old 05-04-12, 11:12 AM

This is the show that's got me pumped for the summer TV season.

This, and Hollywood Treasure and Hotel Hell (and Hollywood Treasure fans out there?)
Old 05-04-12, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts

I'm more excited about DALLAS than any other TV show this year. After all the failed reboot attempts (remember when they were going to make it a comedy and John Travolta was going to play JR?), they finally wised up and did it the RIGHT way. Can't wait!
Old 05-04-12, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I normally wouldn't watch this but, ...

I will watch Julie Gonzalo in anything.
Old 05-04-12, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I'm more excited about DALLAS than any other TV show this year. After all the failed reboot attempts (remember when they were going to make it a comedy and John Travolta was going to play JR?), they finally wised up and did it the RIGHT way. Can't wait!
I don't remember that specifically, but I remember a movie being discussed. I shuddered at the thought of anyone else playing J.R. Larry Hagman made him iconic.
Old 06-12-12, 04:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 699 Likes on 570 Posts

Never heard of her until now but not bad

Unusual how the original show got huge ratings for a Friday night show.

More of a Miami Vice fan I remember when NBC rescheduled Miami Vice to compete with Dallas in the 80's.

Wonder why Victoria Principal is not on this show unless they killed off her character?

Last edited by JeffTheAlpaca; 06-12-12 at 03:26 PM.
Old 06-12-12, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
Unusual how the original show got huge ratings for a Friday night show.

Wonder why Victoria Principal is not on this show unless they killed off her character?

I believe Friday and Saturday night shows in the 80s were all the rage. Definitely not like it is now.

In regards to Prinicpal per the original show -
Spoiler:
her character, Pam's, fate was ultimately left up in the air. She had a terminal disease and was expected to only live a year but this is a soap opera so...She also had plastic surgery and was played by a different actress for a couple of episodes after Prinicpal left - but VP has had plastic surgery herself so anything is possible.

I have watched all the original episodes and tv movies and am ready for this one. The original cast in the promos for the new show look amazing. Jesse Metcalfe, however, will have to do a lot to impress me. From the outset it seems like a bad casting decision just based on his ability as an actor but you never know.
Old 06-12-12, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by conscience
I believe Friday and Saturday night shows in the 80s were all the rage. Definitely not like it is now.
Some of TV's most popular shows aired on Saturdays... Mary Tyler Moore, Golden Girls, Love Boat, All in the Family, etc. The list goes on...
Old 06-12-12, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by Ayre
I normally wouldn't watch this but, ...

Never heard of her until now but not bad

She was lovely in Ladrón Que Roba A Ladrón. It's also a very fun flick.

Old 06-12-12, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,128 Likes on 888 Posts

I'm pretty excited for this. I've already got my DVR set up for a series recording and it's probably the show I'm most excited about seeing this Summer aside from Breaking Bad. I'd love to go back and watch the original series but there's just so many episodes and I don't hardly have the time to watch current shows. Can't wait for the premiere though!!

Last edited by Mike86; 06-12-12 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-12-12, 11:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DJariya
Not sure if everyone here knows about it or has seen the promos/trailers.
I don't see how anyone can't know after the relentless promos and trailers on pretty much every non-movie channel.
Old 06-12-12, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They have promoted this a lot lately and it looks like it will be good. Entertainment Weekly gave a B+ review. I will watch it.
Old 06-12-12, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I was only a casual viewer of the series - I remember my parents and grandparents loving it and watching certain episodes when I was a little kid, and then years later in College I would watch it during the daily repeats when I worked in the mailroom - probably saw 80% of seasons 2-4.

Definitely going to check this new incarnation out - I'll always have a soft spot for a great prime-time soap
Old 06-12-12, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 699 Likes on 570 Posts

Im pretty excited for this. I've already got my DVR set up for a series recording and it's probably the show I'm most excited about seeing this Summer aside from Breaking Bad. I'd love to go back and watch the original series but there's just so many episodes and I don't hardly have the time to watch current shows. Can't wait for the premiere though!!
It only lasted for 14 seasons
Old 06-12-12, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I watched the first 8 minutes of this on On Demand and it looks great. Apparantly they are IGNORING the two made-for-TV movies that followed up the series, so when the new show begins:

Spoiler:
Cliff Barnes STILL owns Ewing Oil!

I think that's a good move, since those two TV movies weren't very good.

Also, major spoiler...although you'll find out in the first 5-minutes of the first episode:

Spoiler:
Bobby has cancer!
Old 06-12-12, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think that's a good move, since those two TV movies weren't very good.
Very interesting on the first spoiler. You're very right. I wanted to skip through them so bad, but I forced myself to watch them.
Old 06-12-12, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I flew through the first 11 seasons very quickly - that's how good it is. And I really want to watch them again. There was a bog in season 9, but all 11 are very good.

The 12th and 14th seasons aren't anything to write home about, though and took me awhile to get through (the 13th was actually pretty good).

Last edited by conscience; 06-12-12 at 04:02 PM.
Old 06-12-12, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 204 Posts

The total running time is literally over 11 days long though.
Old 06-12-12, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Also re: Victoria Principal - she apparantly wants nothing to do with the reboot...she even has been refusing interviews with press about it. According to interviews with Patrick Duffy, Victoria pretty much kept to herself when she was on the show...it was Patrick, Linda, and Larry who were close.

Nothing against Victoria, but I'm glad Pam isn't part of this new show...I never cared for the way her character was written...she always seemed to whine and complain - not the kind of woman Bobby Ewing should be married to!
Old 06-12-12, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Also re: Victoria Principal - she apparantly wants nothing to do with the reboot...she even has been refusing interviews with press about it. According to interviews with Patrick Duffy, Victoria pretty much kept to herself when she was on the show...it was Patrick, Linda, and Larry who were close.

Nothing against Victoria, but I'm glad Pam isn't part of this new show...I never cared for the way her character was written...she always seemed to whine and complain - not the kind of woman Bobby Ewing should be married to!
Yeah, VP has pretty much distanced herself from the show and rarely even speaks about it. Now she hocks her skin care product.

I'd love for her to come back. Even though she was a whiner at times she was could be pretty strong (except for that period where she went crazy and was about to jump off a building ) and is easily my second favorite character on the original show behind J.R.
Old 06-12-12, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,547 Likes on 2,541 Posts

I'll do another thread tomorrow for the actual episode.

FYI, the premiere is actually 135 minutes. 75 minute Pilot and 60 minute 2nd episode.

Considering the late time, I don't anticipate many here wanting to talk about it right away.