Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Celebrity Apprentice -- Season 5 Thread -- Sundays (NBC)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Celebrity Apprentice -- Season 5 Thread -- Sundays (NBC)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-12, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Celebrity Apprentice -- Season 5 Thread -- Sundays (NBC)

It would be huge for the gay marriage movement if Arensio Hall and Clay Aiken were to marry each other.
Old 05-21-12, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

So what does Trump have against Cheryl Tiegs? She couldn't have been too busy to show up. I thought Trump might still be pissed at Michael Andretti but it seems he was busy getting ready for the Indy 500.

So does Trump make the final decision on his own? Or are the producers involved at all? I think what someone else posted about the chance for Trump to be associated with Magic Johnson in any way was the reason Arsenio won. I'm sure Trump probably also liked Arsenio's video better because it featured many celebrities including Magic Johnson, whereas Clay's video just had Clay.
Old 05-21-12, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Also, kinda odd/weak Arsenio didn't thank Trump or shake his hand after winning.
Old 05-21-12, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 724 Likes on 590 Posts

Glad Arsenio won.

Also, kinda odd/weak Arsenio didn't thank Trump or shake his hand after winning.
Maybe they shook hands but after the telecast was over.

The live finale is always cheesy especially Trump taking a ride on the Indy Car with Mario Andretti.

Wasn't there one season where the finale was not live until the winner was announced at the end and you saw the live setup after the announcement?

Surprised how everybody was buddy buddy with each other especially Lisa and Dayana.

Maybe part of the drama was scripted?
Old 05-21-12, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

I think Trump picked Arsenio because a late night talk show is in the works, and if it's successful, Trump can kind of take some credit for it....seeing as how Arsenio's career has been dead for nearly two decades.

And of course, Trump obviously wants to be in good with Magic Johnson, who is also an owner of the LA Dodgers now.
Old 05-21-12, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Game play has very little to do with Trump's decisions regarding who to fire and who to hire. If he wants to fire you, he comes up with some sort of justification for doing so. If he wants to keep you on, he'll conveniently overlook even the most grievous of faults.

Trump's reasoning is inconsistent, to say the least.
Old 05-21-12, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
Surprised how everybody was buddy buddy with each other especially Lisa and Dayana.

Maybe part of the drama was scripted?
Several people had bad things to say about both Lisa and Aubrey. And Dayana made it clear she still doesn't like Lisa. The only person that was acting different was Lisa and that probably has to do with all the negative feedback she's received.

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Loved the montages of Lou's 110% schtick and Lisa's meltdowns. They missed out on one for Aubrey's ego. I'm sure they could have pieced one together.
But wasn't that the best way to handle it? She was probably expecting her own montage and I thought it was a perfect final blow to her ego that they didn't focus on her too much.

Last edited by dino88; 05-21-12 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-21-12, 06:27 PM

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts

Still can't believe that after that Velasquez chick gave her sob story about losing money for her charity because she lost her challenge and now she doesn't have the money to finish building her school that Trump didn't pipe up and say, "I feel so bad about that so I'm going to donate that money so you can finish the school!" (huge ovation from the audience).

Instead he just brushed her off and moved on to the next contestant.

Talk about blowing a tailor-made great PR moment.

And Clay's commercial sucked. "Can you tell which of these children has a disability?" Uh no, Clay, we can't, because while you're saying that we can pretty much only see one kid on the screen before the camera pulls out to a wider shot. How could nobody catch that? Should have had a clear shot of all the kids playing together before Clay started his narration.
Old 05-21-12, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees
And Clay's commercial sucked. "Can you tell which of these children has a disability?" Uh no, Clay, we can't, because while you're saying that we can pretty much only see one kid on the screen before the camera pulls out to a wider shot.
Yeah, Clay goofed on the execution of his commercial. And all that fuss over the mural, and it looked like a couple school kids painted it. Also thought Arsenio blew it by not going with the roast idea: you've got Lisa Lampanelli and Adam Carolla and a shitload of a-grade material. What a waste.

Honestly, none of these people were overly impressive. I mean, I guess Clay and Aubrey were the standouts but mainly they just bragged about being amazingly creative - yet we never saw it. The final product every week was almost always underwhelming. Whatever. In the end Trump will always go with the bigger name rendering everything pointless.
Old 05-21-12, 09:03 PM

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts

I wonder if this is the last Celebrity Apprentice we'll see for a while.

'Celebrity Apprentice' lowest-rated finale yet
Old 05-21-12, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Or cut the fucking thing down to an hour. The Apprentice has more fucking filler than American Idol.
Old 05-22-12, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

It's on NBC's fall schedule when Sunday Night Football ends.
Old 05-22-12, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I can't stand having a 2-hour reality show... I almost always have it on in the background while I surf the internet or read a book.
Old 05-22-12, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was this the only season of The Apprentice (any version) where they didn't have a challenge that involved one of the contestants in some sort of shoot that involved some nakedness? I remember Dayana volunteered to pose topless, but was shot down.
Old 05-22-12, 04:24 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Adam Carolla's podcast about the finale is pretty interesting... apparently everyone involved (including Adam and others on Arsenio's team) was certain Clay had it in the bag. He also mentions rumors that Arsenio has some sort of NBC team in place that may have factored into the result. Wouldn't surprise me one bit. http://www.adamcarolla.com/taylor-hicks-and-david-wild/
Old 05-22-12, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 724 Likes on 590 Posts

I can't stand having a 2-hour reality show... I almost always have it on in the background while I surf the internet or read a book.
It is maybe 1 hour and 26 minutes when you take out all the commercials.

I thought this season did OK in the ratings judging by the length of this thread?

Except for maybe seasons 1-2 it never got good ratings but NBC renews it every year.
Old 05-22-12, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I can't imagine they would cancel the show. It's basically a 2 hour long commercial.
Old 05-22-12, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
I thought this season did OK in the ratings judging by the length of this thread?
"The Carolla Effect"

If you look back at the beginning of the thread you'll see, probably a dozen of us, tuning in for the first time for Carolla. Penn, Arsenio & to a lesser degree, Lampinelli also factored in. It was just a good mix of celebs for noobs to give it a shot this year.