Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Celebrity Apprentice -- Season 5 Thread -- Sundays (NBC)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Celebrity Apprentice -- Season 5 Thread -- Sundays (NBC)

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-12, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: The Celebrity Apprentice -- Season 5 Thread -- Sundays (NBC)

Originally Posted by JasonF
Could not disagree more. It was an asshole primadona move. She's on Arsenios's team and she's completely undermining him. Clay's charity is great, but donate to it outside the competition.
Yep.
Old 05-13-12, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Eh...I don't see how that's undermining Arsenio, she could be giving twice as much to him, we aren't privy to that info. She made a new friend in Clay on the show and lost fair and square to him. She's just making a cool gesture.
Old 05-13-12, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

Trump sucks, not that I didn't already know that. Love her or hate her, and I'm personally a little of both, Aubrey deserved the finale. She should have been the first choice with Clay and Arsenio fighting it out for second (I would have gone with Claiken).

I know she's still there, but the last two episodes would have been infinitely more interesting if she was a finalist.
Old 05-14-12, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 478 Likes on 314 Posts

I was dying laughing at the Magic fuck up. I haven't seen "miscommunication" on that scale since Spinal Tap wrote down the dimensions for Stonehenge.

I hope that next week we'll see this was drawn out for suspense, that the crew also got another angle that will save Aresino's commercial, however something tells me I shouldn't hold my breath.
Old 05-14-12, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen
I hope that next week we'll see this was drawn out for suspense, that the crew also got another angle that will save Aresino's commercial
I have a feeling that's exactly what's going to happen since I can't imagine anybody with any filmic knowledge whatsoever would be dumb enough to shoot their subject relaying important information from the side angle only.

Loved Clay Aiken's line: "I already lost to a fat Black man. Ain't no way I'm losing to a skinny one." (actually, he didn't say that, but it would have been cool if he had)
Old 05-14-12, 02:23 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aubrey getting picked last was priceless. I'm sure that was a hard pill to swallow.

With that said I think it should have been her against Clay. She is completely full of herself which I think is way Trump fired her, but she's also probably the most talented and creative person on the show.

As far as the video angle, there has to be another shot from the front. No one with half a brain would do something so idiotic.

Clay needs to trust Debbie and Aubrey with the painting. He did say he needed a sketch but it's just getting to be a hassle and should let it go.
Old 05-14-12, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen
I hope that next week we'll see this was drawn out for suspense, that the crew also got another angle that will save Aresino's commercial, however something tells me I shouldn't hold my breath.
That's what I was thinking when they were debating which side the ball should come from. It's a :30 second spot, shoot both and figure it out in the edit bay.

Oh and there's no way it takes that long to upload a 30 second video.
Old 05-14-12, 07:22 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

If they don't have another shot, it's still an easy problem to solve -- have Arsenio toss the ball to Magic, let him introduce himself, then before he turns to the side, cut to clips of what the Magic Johnson Foundation does and use Magic as a voiceover. I figured that out between the time they showed the useless footage and the time the credits rolled on the Apprentice, so if Adam and Arsenio can't figure that out, they deserve to lose.
Old 05-14-12, 07:48 AM

"I think it's fabulous to feel something big." - Aubrey O'Day
Old 05-14-12, 08:19 AM

Hmmm. I am watching the episode on NBC.com, and one of the commercials they just played was an Arsenio Hall spot for Walgreens. And he says something along the lines of "and to celebrate my big win on The Celebrity Apprentice" during it, and at the end he encourages everybody to support the Magic Johnson Foundation and "get on the winning team." Did NBC fuck up again, like when they spoiled Andy and April getting married on Parks & Recreation WAY before it was even close to happening? Or has this ad been airing for a little while and it's just confusing?

Edit: I just searched, and apparently a recent challenge involved Walgreens? If so, then I guess I overreacted. But the commercial sure seemed like it was spoiling something.
Old 05-14-12, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Originally Posted by Kory
Hmmm. I am watching the episode on NBC.com, and one of the commercials they just played was an Arsenio Hall spot for Walgreens. And he says something along the lines of "and to celebrate my big win on The Celebrity Apprentice" during it, and at the end he encourages everybody to support the Magic Johnson Foundation and "get on the winning team." Did NBC fuck up again, like when they spoiled Andy and April getting married on Parks & Recreation WAY before it was even close to happening? Or has this ad been airing for a little while and it's just confusing?

Edit: I just searched, and apparently a recent challenge involved Walgreens? If so, then I guess I overreacted. But the commercial sure seemed like it was spoiling something.
Yes, they did a task involving Walgreen's with Magic Johnson. Arsenio was the PM, and his team won that task, so that's probably the "big win" that it's referring to.
Old 05-14-12, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was shocked that Aubrey got the boot. She was the strongest player throughout the season. I don't care if she is full of herself, she backed it up. I didn't agree with the cowboy singer's assessment of her either and that is basically all Trump referenced.

The episode last night was a bit boring, I am assuming this is due to the lack of Aubrey drama in it.

I too was waiting for Debbie Gibson to just throw a keyboard or something at Clay. I don't think a professional artist is going to fuck up a circus mural too bad. It seems like he also wasted a lot of time on a pretty boring looking commercial (at least from the shots we saw, they looked terrible).

Someone already mentioned this, but I too immediately thought of a voice over fix for the Magic Johnson footage. If they truly have no other footage and cannot think of that... sheesh.

I think Clay is going to win because they've showed us less of his project.
Old 05-14-12, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't believe Aubrey didn't grasp what they meant by her being transparent.

But I shouldn't be surprised either. Then again, I love the way she glossed over last week when she was asked "Why didn't you call Diddy?" and no one seemed to ask why in the world he really wouldn't want to help out a charity.

If they only knew those two's history with each other.
Old 05-14-12, 10:39 AM

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

Aubrey getting picked last was true justice. The only player of the 18 that would've picked her up quickly is Lisa.

I do think an Arsenio vs Aubrey finale would've been more fun.

Except for the first 10 minutes, I barely paid attention to last night's show at all. Totally boring, IMO.
Old 05-14-12, 08:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
This is Aubrey's to lose.
Old 05-14-12, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

So is the finale not until next Sunday? Don't all these reality shows pull a two nighter for the finales?
Old 05-14-12, 11:35 PM

I've fucking had "Shake Your Love" stuck in my head all day.
Old 05-15-12, 02:01 AM

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts

Per Adam Carolla's podcast concerning the cliffhanger at the end of the episode:

Spoiler:
Carolla's crew did get the correct angle of Magic Johnson facing the camera as he spoke, which will likely be revealed at the beginning of next episode
Old 05-15-12, 09:57 AM

The best part of this season has been Carolla not caring and giving stuff away on his podcast.
Old 05-15-12, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Keith6601
The best part of this season has been Carolla not caring and giving stuff away on his podcast.
Big +1 to that. It's interesting hearing about all the bullshit edits they pull to make it more dramatic than it likely was. Also interesting today is Lisa pointing out that they pulled something she said in an older challenge to use against Adam on this one.
Old 05-15-12, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts

Glad Aubrey was fired.

I bet she probably talked s*&t about Trump behind his back or when she was not on camera like she does for everybody else who was on the show.

Just wished there was not a live finale since it is so cheesy with the live audience and fake applause.

Disappointed Dayana and George Takei did not return.

It would have been nice if Carolla lasted longer since he brings the funny to every show.

The penis cage freaked him out lol.
Old 05-15-12, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

I haven't been watching this season (but I did see the clip of the Blue Man Group spectacle and the subsequent boardroom), but read the highlights and am glad that Arsenio is in the finals. Is there a place I can listen to highlights of Carolla's behind the scenes thoughts? I'm interested in how they skew/edit this show.
Old 05-15-12, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Looks like he was fired on the March 12th episode, so he discussed it on March 13th with Penn Jilette. Here's a writeup of some of it. Basically a producer told him what direction to take his task and when it didn't work he was fired. He mentioned it in the boardroom but all that was edited out. He mentioned yesterday that he might mention it on the live show since they can't edit it.

As mentioned he also discussed it on yesterday's episode discussing the cliffhanger where they made his team look like amateur assholes. I think those two cover the most ground, but he's also had Debbie Gibson, Lisa Lampanelli and Arsenio on. Penn has been on twice, here and here.

IIRC, all of them were quite forthcoming on what goes on, on the show, however I think Gibson was the only one that came on post firing. The others were still on the show and thus couldn't be quite as open.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 05-15-12 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-15-12, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

Awesome, I'll be listening. Thanks man.
Old 05-15-12, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

After giving it a quick re-listen, it's around the 11:00-12:00 minute mark.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.