Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Celebrity Apprentice -- Season 5 Thread -- Sundays (NBC)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Celebrity Apprentice -- Season 5 Thread -- Sundays (NBC)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-12, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 912 Likes on 647 Posts
Re: The Celebrity Apprentice -- Season 5 Thread -- Sundays (NBC)

Is this the first week that the person fired was 100% the correct choice? Paul, despite the limitations on this task was clearly out of his element and couldn't give a rats ass about this task.

Lisa needs to go. As PM, it was her job to give Dayanna something to do. She failed at that and then threw the blame on her. Total bitch move.

Lastly, Ivanka with her hair down?
Old 04-15-12, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

We learned today that Debbie Gibson was a real project manager in the Medieval Times bathroom. Sounds like she gave 110%.
Old 04-16-12, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts

Why did Trump keep going on and on about how Paul should have brought back Arsenio because the judges didn't like what he did? The judges clearly said that they were impressed by Arsenio's performance and the only thing they didn't like was the puppet design (and Teresa's was worse). Teresa was the one whose performance they had major problems with.

The reason that Paul should have brought Arsenio back to the boardroom, as pointed out by Lampanelli, was because then Paul would have had an ally and they could have ganged up on Teresa. Although I don't know if even that would have saved Paul from being fired considering how unengaged he was as project manager.
Old 04-16-12, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 479 Likes on 315 Posts

I'm starting to feel embarrassed for Lisa over how badly she is coming off. She looks like a loud, obnoxious, weepy brat.

I hope she goes soon and I hope she feels humiliated.

Really wish I hadn't been spooning a big helping of baked beans into my mouth at the precise moment Lisa had her line about Debbie Gibson's "four alarm dump".
Old 04-16-12, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Norwegia? I HOPE that Arsenio was joking on that one.

I'm guessing that the finale will come down to Clay vs. Aubrey. Penn seems too passive at this point and Lisa is too volatile.
Old 04-16-12, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

I thought Arsenio was coming off bad but Lisa has over taken him. She's so painfully jealous of Dayana that it's hard to watch and have any respect for her at all.
Old 04-16-12, 05:20 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

What does Dayana bring to the table other than looks?
Old 04-16-12, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Doesn't really matter what she brings to the table because she hasn't been given the chance. She was a decent PM, she could have done the latina puppet. She should have been on stage, I think the accent would have played well as a puppet.
Old 04-16-12, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts

What I want to know is if Penn got and left the room to comfort Dayana, or if he just wanted to get the fuck away from Lisa.

I've sort of liked what I've seen of her stand-up, but the way she's coming off in this, it's going to be difficult to watch any more of her. I really feel sorry for her family and anyone else who has to put up with her every day.
Old 04-16-12, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
What I want to know is if Penn got and left the room to comfort Dayana, or if he just wanted to get the fuck away from Lisa.
More than likely latter. From everything I've read/heard about him, he HATES confrontation. Makes you wonder why he chose to do the show.
Old 04-17-12, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lisa comes across as a really ugly person in every way, looks, attitude... And Penn looks like he just hates even being there. I'm surprised he even did the show too.
Old 04-17-12, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clay must have really done a number on Penn, because Penn seemed fine before he was called out as condescending. I would have thought Penn to have thicker skin...

Glad Paul Sr. got the boot. He was deader than dead weight on this show the past few weeks (sans his acting debut?) since they haven't done much set building...

Aubrey deserves to go to the end - I don't give a damn what anyone here says.
Old 04-17-12, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Paul really checked out on this task, he deserved to go.

If I was Lisa, I would have thrown Dayana in as a performer just so she would tank and ultimately get fired. Although that could backfire against Lisa. The drama between them is really getting old.

And Clay Aiken isn't the train wreck I thought he would be. He did some impressive character voices in this task.
Old 04-17-12, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Penn looks absolutely miserable. I'm surprised he hasn't faked having chest pains just so that he'd have an excuse to leave.
Old 04-17-12, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by conscience
Clay must have really done a number on Penn, because Penn seemed fine before he was called out as condescending. I would have thought Penn to have thicker skin...
I believe you've hit the nail on the head. I also think once Carolla and Dee Snider were gone, Penn had no one left to relate to. Clay just put him over the edge.
Old 04-17-12, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts

Glad Paul Sr. got the boot. He was deader than dead weight on this show the past few weeks (sans his acting debut?) since they haven't done much set building...

LOL

I want to see Arsenio vs Clay in the finale.

Penn is always leaving to do a gig so that could be a out to get away from the drama.

Is it just me or is Teresa Guidice kind of hot? I never watched the Real Housewives of NJ so that could change my opinion on her.

Not as hot as Dayana or Debbie but ok.

Old 04-17-12, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

^^ Def hotter than Debbie and that pepper nose of hers
Old 04-17-12, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a feeling if you watched Real Housewives you would not think she is hot. At least I don't think so, not only based on looks but the way she acts on that show as well. Both qualities make me want to put an apple in her mouth and a bag over her face.

You basically posted a glam shot of her, and lots of women can be made to look pretty decent then.
Old 04-18-12, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

As a long time Stern fan I could've told you Lisa get's old fast. I can't stand her anymore.
Old 04-18-12, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts

I have a feeling if you watched Real Housewives you would not think she is hot. At least I don't think so, not only based on looks but the way she acts on that show as well. Both qualities make me want to put an apple in her mouth and a bag over her face.

You basically posted a glam shot of her, and lots of women can be made to look pretty decent then
You are right

"Celebrity Apprentice" star Dayana Mendoza is firing back at Lisa Lampanelli ... claiming Lisa insulted an "entire Hispanic culture" when she called the beauty queen a "sp*c" during a radio interview.

It all went down last month when Lampanelli appeared on Sirius XM and said, "I actually would love to see [Dayana] giving birth. She’s a sp*c! She’s going to do it f**king soon, anyway. She’ll be knocked up before the end of the week.”

Now, Dayana is speaking out about the racial slur ... telling the Huffington Post, "I understand that it's Lisa's job to make fun of people for a living. If poking fun at me can help her sell tickets to her shows, no problem, I am happy to help her put food on her table. However, when she uses racial slurs, she is not only targeting myself but degrading an entire Hispanic culture."

We reached out to Lisa for comment -- so far, no response.
http://www.tmz.com/2012/04/10/lisa-l.../#.T48eMdnfPcx

Old 04-18-12, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
If poking fun at me can help her sell tickets to her shows, no problem, I am happy to help her put food on her table.
And to be fair, she does need a lot of food.
Old 04-18-12, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man

Why didn't Penn hug and kiss Dayana? That's what I would have done to make her feel comforted.
Old 04-19-12, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by sauce07
As a long time Stern fan I could've told you Lisa get's old fast. I can't stand her anymore.
You know, Lisa always came across pretty well on the Stern interviews - I actually rooted for her in the begining. Now I see her as a terrible person -- not just a terrible contestant. I have no interest ever supporting Lisa and I can't imagine a single person thinking that her behavior is acceptable.
Old 04-22-12, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

First, Lisa in the background was a nice refresher this week. Now if only Aubrey would do the same next week. Doesn't look like it from the previews though.

Speaking of Aubrey their display was utter shit. The only decent thing was the pamphlet and smell sticks. I can't believe they won on that.

Wow, Clay pulled a Paul Sr. in the board room calling back the wrong person. It was clear by everyone at the table that Dayanna was the biggest positive of their display. Also as pointed out, Dayanna wanted to do a pamphlet and Clay turned her down. Fortunately it didn't bite him in the ass like Paul.
Old 04-22-12, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lisa and Aubrey deserve each other. They're both truly horrible people.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.