Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ink Master (Paramount Network)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-14, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
re: Ink Master (Paramount Network)

I loved how everyone was so up-in-arms about it, like they're all sober do-gooders 24/7. But rules are rules, and he fucked up. Stupid.

Emily was a total bitch - a total bitch I'd still nail.
Old 11-15-14, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by islandclaws
I loved how everyone was so up-in-arms about it, like they're all sober do-gooders 24/7. But rules are rules, and he fucked up. Stupid.

Emily was a total bitch - a total bitch I'd still nail.
Yeah, sorry to see Josh go.

about Emily. Man, she would stalk you!
Old 11-15-14, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

He was doing solid work, too. I was liking his stuff much better than Eric or cleen's.
Old 11-16-14, 07:57 AM

Received 827 Likes on 548 Posts

I'm really glad both of them are gone. If Emily would have made it any further I would have probably stopped watching.
Old 11-16-14, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Surprised they got rid of Josh. He was defiantly one of the most talented, but stupid to break the rules like that. But I see everyone else smoking all the time. Personally I see no difference. The other contestants just wanted to see a better artist get the boot. This is now Cleens to win. Everyone else sucks. Is it just me or is the name Cleen Rock One incredibly stupid.

Glad to see Emily go. She was piss poor and I didnt find her attractive at all. Roll on the next season. Hope it's better than this one.
Old 11-16-14, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Everything about Cleen Rock One is stupid other than his work.
Old 11-16-14, 08:00 PM

His name is dumb, his face is dumb, his attitude is dumb, his teeth are super dumb.

Josh on ink master and Josh Gordon both get a bum rap smoking pot. In 5 years, neither one would be getting the boot/suspended.
Old 11-17-14, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know that Josh would have won, but man that was a stupid way to go. People love their smoke. At this point only Clean and Eric as far as I'm concerned. I sure hope there's more eye candy next season.
Old 11-19-14, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I love how these people bitch and moan when they're on the bottom that they're going to keep fighting as if they have some say in how the judges decide. And Jason is delusional if he think's he's better than Cleen.
Old 11-20-14, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wish they'd send that hipster garden gnome home already.
Old 11-21-14, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cleen is an idiot. Some of his work has been good, but mostly average. I have not been impressed with a single artist this season. In fact i would go as far as to say that 90% of these people should never be let anywhere near tattooing.

That little hispster is pathetic. He has no enthusiasm for the work at all. And when he pretends to be a tough guy it is hysterical. I was amazed that Don made it this far. His work has been godawful from day one. He has gotten lucky that some others have screwed the pooch even worse than him on occasion.

Jason Clay Dunn has delusions of grandeur, he thinks he is an amazing artist, but mostly i find him an average artist. He is another one that tries to act tough and its laughable.

By the way, does anyone find the beginning montage of the show which introduces the contestants all kinds of weird. The actions they got the people to do are so weird and the looks on the faces as they are pretending to go to war with each other. Jasons face on it looks like he has just woken up. Those two chicks look almost identical (ugly as sin and more like ladyboys than ladies), and its just weird as hell.

Roll on the next season. Hopefully it gets back to bringing great artists and less interest in personal conflict.

Last edited by james2025a; 11-21-14 at 09:38 AM.
Old 11-21-14, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by james2025a
Cleen is an idiot. Some of his work has been good, but mostly average. I have not been impressed with a single artist this season. In fact i would go as far as to say that 90% of these people should never be let anywhere near tattooing.

That little hispster is pathetic. He has no enthusiasm for the work at all. And when he pretends to be a tough guy it is hysterical. I was amazed that Don made it this far. His work has been godawful from day one. He has gotten lucky that some others have screwed the pooch even worse than him on occasion.

Jason Clay Dunn has delusions of grandeur, he thinks he is an amazing artist, but mostly i find him an average artist. He is another one that tries to act tough and its laughable.

By the way, does anyone find the beginning montage of the show which introduces the contestants all kids of weird. The actions they got the people to do are so weird and the looks on the faces as they are pretending to go to war with each other. Jasons face on it looks like he has just woken up. Those two chicks look almost identical (ugly as sin and more like ladyboys than ladies), and its just weird as hell.

Roll on the next season. Hopefully it gets back to bringing great artists and less interest in personal conflict.
Bwhahaha! I completely agree with you. It's almost as if they compromised on finding talented people in order to find people who were feuding with each other. I don't think any of these people can hold a candle to any of the top 2 or 3 artists from the previous four seasons. And yes, the fact that Don made it this long speaks volumes of the quality of the contestants this season.
Old 11-29-14, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Agreed! Perhaps next season can be a bunch of assholes posturing/arguing in the "lounge" and no tattoos at all......that seems what the producers are leaning towards.

I would not let any of these douchebags tattoo me....none of them deserves the prize money.....would LOVE if there wasn't a "winner" this season.

Last edited by LiquidSky; 11-29-14 at 06:48 PM.
Old 12-03-14, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So another week and another set of horrible tattoos. Good to see that little bow tied idiot get the boot. It makes me laugh that Jason holds himself in such high regard. He got lucky this week by doing an average tattoo when everyone else did awful ones. This is the first time since i started watching the show that i have no care for who wins it. In fact as someone said, it would be great if they could not award the prize. And to say that Mark has been tattooing for over 20 years his tattoos are consistently pretty terrible. I thought you were supposed to improve the more you do. Guess thats not the case with him. I get the feeling that as he has been around for so long and that a lot of other artists are familiar with him that he is getting cut a lot of slack.
Old 12-03-14, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This is the first time since i started watching the show that i have no care for who wins it.
Agreed. Haven't been impressed at all this season.
Old 12-04-14, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think the big problem is no artists this season have versatility. They do what they do and anything outside that box - poof - they fuck it up. Get some serious guys in there that aren't entrenched in one style and then we'll have a contest.
Old 12-05-14, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, a lot of these artists seem to work on one style and never do anything different. New School seems to be a big thing, probably because its (in my opinion) childish in nature and easier to draw than a portrait or photo realism. For me i would respect someone who does either of those waaaaayyyyy more than someone that does New School. New School to me just says immature artist who does not like to leave their comfort zone.

I love how each show they say "Today we are testing you on.....", and the thing is that all the elements are pretty much the same thing. I am still waiting for Dave to one time say "Today we are testing you on....drawing really well." And why is it that after he says what they are being tested on do we have one of the numbskulls to then say "Dimension is......". Yes Jason you fat ginger twat.....i know what dimension is thank you. Now piss off and keep wiping the sweat off your fat head.

Someone mentioned it in a previous post/thread that they edit it so that on the critiques all the contestants are made to look like douchebags (which is actually not that far off base). When someone is being given a good appraisal it will cut to Clean shaking his head or something like that.

This show needs a lot of work to improve the next season. Better artists, better/different challenges and focus on the work and not on the inhouse fights. Oh, and more naked females models with big old tatas!!!! Dave would approve of that i am sure.
Old 12-05-14, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Last season was borderline, but this season has been pretty pitiful IMO. I think that all involved know it since the elimination tattoos are nowhere near as challenging as the first 3 seasons.

to james2025a for pointing out a particularly annoying aspect of this season, the condescending explanation of the topic revealed in "Today we are testing you on....."

Is that a not-so-subliminal clue as to who they expect is still watching the show?
Old 12-05-14, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If there is another season, I wish the producers would do away with the contestants handing out the skulls. To me, it's better random. No more of this "getting back at" bullshit.
Old 12-13-14, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Live finale is next week.
Old 12-14-14, 04:40 PM

The "if I'm in the bottom, I'm gonna fight" shit is so ridiculous. How about you fight by not doing a shitty tattoo?
Old 12-14-14, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

This really has been a horrible season. Josh was easily the best out of a bad field. I just hope CR1 doesn't win.

Next season, they need to concentrate on picking artists with talent. They don't need to create a manufactured rivalry. If they get a bunch of great artists together, the drama will come on its own.
Old 12-17-14, 03:39 PM

Well, a bit of a surprise winner, but I kind of agree with the decision. If you're going to have a "challenge" on the last tattoo, that should mean something. Cleen didn't really do Photo Realism. Eric didn't really do a "Back Piece". I personally liked Cleen's tattoo the best (in spite of all the swirly blue shit), but that's cause i typically don't go for new school.

And i honestly don't think Jason would have even been in the finals if Josh hadn't gotten booted.

Man, Navarro is laughably bad at Live television. Soooooooo awkward.

So Jason's first canvas now has an outline of a kid riding a tiger on her back? WTF?
Old 12-17-14, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So all season they are tested on how good they are at different styles to prove they are an Ink Master (master being someone who performs at a certain level all of the time) but none of that matters now??? Whether you liked him or not Cleen Rock One was the leader through the whole season while Jason was in the bottom too often. They should have been judging on the whole season not just the last tattoo.
Old 12-17-14, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Have no clue why I'm a sucker for this show (as I have no ink of my own), but I sure wish they do a better job of finding artists next season. This bunch was not very good. And the fact Jason won kinda taints the already thin premise of finding an "ink master" on a televised competition.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.