Reload this Page >

Official Storage Wars Discussion

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Official Storage Wars Discussion

Old 01-07-12, 09:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Official Storage Wars Discussion

Originally Posted by mcfly
Laura, Dan's wife, has some nice jugs too.
Oh yeah, I'm likin' me some Laura.
I believe in one ep Barry made some lewd remark about her assests.
Old 01-07-12, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

Laura, Dan's wife, has some nice jugs too.
Pics to prove it!
Old 01-07-12, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by chowderhead
I think most of the lockers are going to be junk/garbage. If the owner is still alive and received notice that they pay up or the locker is going to auction, you can bet most will clean out the lockers of anything good before they leave to be auctioned. I'll bet it's also a cheap/free way to get rid of garbage/junk/debris before moving. Sign up for the free month rental, load it with garbage and then leave.

ETA: Can we change the title to Official Storage Wars Discussion please?
Every time I see this thread get bumped up, I dread clicking on it thinking Barry Weiss is sick/dead or something.
I'm fairly late to the discussion, but as to the questions as to why people don't just raid the lockers before the auction. It's because they are denied access if they fall behind. State laws on storage vary, but around here i know that the owner can deny access to the locker if rent is not paid. Now you still have to behind x days and given x notices before the sale. But you still have to get current.

Of course, that does not explain why someone would not just sell something valuable to avoid falling behind in the first place. But I've dealt with a lot of stupid people, so who knows what they think...
Old 01-07-12, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Pics to prove it!
Kind of sad that I looked but I can't find any from a good angle. The clothes she wears in the promo pics and stuff covers everything, but she's definitely got a pair of knockers.

Barry commented on her "DDs" in the episode that she was doing the auctions and they had a drinking game going for every time she said "folks" during a bidding war.
Old 01-09-12, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never understood what Darrell brought to the show. He's just generic SoCal white trash and doesn't offer anything unique. I don't even know what he does, exactly. Barry is supposed to be "The Collector" but Darrell has talked in past episodes on what he has at his house, which made him seem like he's just in it for collecting purposes. He said he's been going to these auctions for 30 years so I'm confused as to what he does.

I remember reading that his house was robbed because of what he had bragged about having in his house in an episode. So he's not too bright anyway.
No, Darrell has a purpose. He sells his stuff at "swap meets" (what we call "flea markets"). So, yes, he's the white trash dude you would see at a flea market selling garbage for a living.
Old 01-09-12, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

^
think you underestimate him.

He sells stuff at swap meets but that hardly means he's white trash and more than likely he just sells the lower end stuff there. He actually lives in a very nice house and has a great collection in his own house.

He's the smartest guy on the show but he just chooses to go a different angle than some of the others.
Old 01-09-12, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm just re-using the white trash label someone used before me.

As far as what these people live in or drive, I'm sure it's been quite upgraded since the show started paying off. But I don't think you make millions at flea markets.
Old 01-09-12, 09:57 AM

Making millions at flea markets, usually not.

If you know what you are doing you can make good money doing this business but if you are only selling at flea markets you probably won't get too far.

He uses other outlets to sell, not just swap meets. He has been doing this for a great deal of time and has found some great deals and made real money over the years.
Is he worth millions? Doubt it, but making millions isn't everything. You can live very comfortably without millions and it seems like he is content unlike Dave who will kill his own mother to make a buck. He's trying to make a Dynasty, Darrell is just making money.
Old 01-09-12, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can be a millionaire and still be white trash. I'm guessing Darrel can afford better than wife beaters and a big as pick up, but that's his style.
Old 01-09-12, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by madcougar
You can be a millionaire and still be white trash. I'm guessing Darrel can afford better than wife beaters and a big as pick up, but that's his style.
Or at the very least laser hair removal. Lordy those those of him in wife beaters with lighting behind him...

If anyone on the show overvalues stuff it's Darrell. And his stupid comments. "That's a forty dollar bill." "That's a sixty dollar bill." Really? When did those enter circulation?
Old 01-09-12, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Heck, you can get a forty dollar bill anywheres.
Old 01-09-12, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Traxan
Or at the very least laser hair removal. Lordy those those of him in wife beaters with lighting behind him...

If anyone on the show overvalues stuff it's Darrell. And his stupid comments. "That's a forty dollar bill." "That's a sixty dollar bill." Really? When did those enter circulation?
They are always off on prices, but Darrell is actually the best price giver on the show.

I know the prices of a great deal of things too and he is closest of the group. He can be off as well, but usually he is pretty close.
Old 01-09-12, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Is Darrell your uncle?
Old 01-09-12, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There should be an episode where Darrell makes a bet with Brandi and if Brandi loses, she has to wear a thong bikini to the next auction and if Darrell loses, he'll have to wear a thong speedo. Then at the end of the episode, Darrell loses the bet.
Old 01-09-12, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by CRM114
Is Darrell your uncle?
More likely that FooFighters7 is... Brandon Sheets!
Old 01-09-12, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

There was an episode where both Darrell and Brandon had matching wife beaters.
Old 01-09-12, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Aphex Twin
There should be an episode where Darrell makes a bet with Brandi and if Brandi loses, she has to wear a thong bikini to the next auction and if Darrell loses, he'll have to wear a thong speedo. Then at the end of the episode, Darrell loses the bet.
You mean Brandi loses the bet, right?
Old 01-09-12, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

http://www.tmz.com/2012/01/09/storag...-negotiations/

"Storage Wars" star Dave Hester -- the "YUUUP" guy -- tells TMZ he's ready and willing to walk away from the biggest A&E reality show ever ... if the network doesn't up their "unjust" contract offer.

Hester was out in L.A. this weekend ... sporting a hat with his signature catchphrase on it ... when he told our photog he hasn't locked up a deal to return to the show next season.

The reality star explained, "Right now I'm in negotiations with A&E and I would just hope they would get away from their unjust contract negotiations ... the ball is really in their court."

He adds, "I don't know what their plans are ... but I would like to be on the show. Maybe 'Storage Wars' without Dave Hester??"

And to make matters worse ... Hester says he wasn't even invited to A&E's Christmas party.

A rep for A&E had no comment.
Old 01-09-12, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,357 Likes on 922 Posts

He's a reality TV star, not the star of 2 and a Half Men. The exposure he gets for his stupid business probably far outweighs any financial compensation he thinks he should get. What an idiot.
Old 01-09-12, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
He's a reality TV star, not the star of 2 and a Half Men. The exposure he gets for his stupid business probably far outweighs any financial compensation he thinks he should get. What an idiot.
Amen. I'm positive he's getting paid more than he pays for the lockers he's buying on those episodes, plus he gets free advertising for his store and his auction business! I have no doubt A&E can easily find another obnoxious douche bag to take his place.
Old 01-09-12, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Amen. I'm positive he's getting paid more than he pays for the lockers he's buying on those episodes, plus he gets free advertising for his store and his auction business! I have no doubt A&E can easily find another obnoxious douche bag to take his place.
He's my least favorite character on the show. If you read the reviews for his previous businesses (he's on #3 now), he's a prick in real life too. No surprise. The show is guaranteeing him a paycheck while his business enterprises flounder. His loss.

They should replace him with his rival, Nabila.
Old 01-09-12, 07:26 PM

hahaha no I'm not any of the characters.

I think they are all kind of retarded from time to time. Some more than others, but I'm just being honest. My wife and I talk about the show all the time and Darrell is generally the closest on prices.

Dave always gives high prices to look better and make it seem he is always making tons of cash.

Brandi and Jarrod don't have a great eye for real value so they over price things because they just don't know.

Barry doesn't even give prices on most stuff so he really doesn't fit into this.

Darrell can be off too but generally his prices he gives are closer to real life prices. His son is off quite a bit sometimes.

Also, I wouldn't mind if Dave the Douche leaves the show. They can get someone much better than him. His personality on the show is crap and even worse, he's not funny, witty or cool in any way. You can have a bad guy who is also interesting. Dave is not.
Old 01-09-12, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 646 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
To be fair, the show is A&E's biggest reality hit ever, and a lot of that success is attributable to the characters on the show (see: Storage Wars: Texas). Also, I'm sure they initially signed up for salaries that are now dwarfed by the revenue A&E draws in from it.

Now, Dave might not be the best character on the show to try and push for more pay, but the principle is still the same.
Old 01-09-12, 09:55 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

At some point, the show will probably get some backlash for being staged and it will hurt ratings. When you search Storage Wars online, that seem to be the consensus. In fact, this is one of the few boards where it hasn't been brought up.
Old 01-09-12, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by g
At some point, the show will probably get some backlash for being staged and it will hurt ratings. When you search Storage Wars online, that seem to be the consensus. In fact, this is one of the few boards where it hasn't been brought up.
"reality" TV staged? Say it isn't so!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.