Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Two and a Half Men -- Now with Ashton Kutcher -- (CBS)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Two and a Half Men -- Now with Ashton Kutcher -- (CBS)

Old 03-20-12, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
re: Two and a Half Men -- Now with Ashton Kutcher -- (CBS)

Originally Posted by JimRochester
I've pretty much given up on that entire Monday line-up. HIMYM was finally new last night and it was tolerable but not great.

Two Broke Girls is tiresome. People don't talk like that, even in NYC. No one has that many snappy come-backs.

2 1/2 was going nowhere so I gave up on that too.
Thank god for cable and the like other 150 channels, huh?
Old 11-26-12, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Well...this is interesting

Video: Angus T. Jones Calls Two and a Half Men 'Filth,' Urges Fans to Stop Watching

Two and a Half Men appears to have another personnel problem on its hands. Nearly two years after Charlie Sheen began a very public meltdown that led to his dismissal and almost brought down the CBS comedy, a new video has surfaced in which co-star Angus T. Jones refers to Men as “filth” and pleads with viewers to turn the channel.

“If you watch Two and a Half Men, please stop watching Two and a Half Men,” he says in the following clip, a religious testimonial in support of Forerunner Chronicles. “I’m on Two and a Half Men, and I don’t want to be on it. Please stop watching it, and filling your head with filth. “People say it’s just entertainment,” he continues. ”Do some research on the effects of television and your brain, and I promise you you’ll have a decision to make when it comes to television, especially with what you watch.”

No comment yet from Warner Bros., CBS or exec producer Chuck Lorre. This latest Men controversy comes three months into what could (and now seems very likely to) be the show’s final season.

Read More at: http://tvline.com/2012/11/26/angus-t...paign=referral
Old 11-26-12, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah, bitch about it now AFTER making millions of dollars before turning 20. That'll show em!
Old 11-26-12, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,019 Likes on 810 Posts

That's mighty good advertising.
Old 11-26-12, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 371 Likes on 265 Posts

Do we have a new Kirk Cameron on our hands?
Old 11-26-12, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KTju7uI8-1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Skip to 7 minutes and 36 seconds. Or you could just listen to the full crazy rant.
Old 11-26-12, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Out of curiosity, has there been another sitcom with multiple actors losing their shit?
Old 11-26-12, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,875 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck
Well...this is interesting
Is this why he's had a reduced role this season?

When his role in most episodes has been reduced to skypeing with Alan on a poorly disguised iMac for thirty seconds, I wondered if something was up.
Old 11-26-12, 02:24 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy crap, I just watched one of the other videos by Forerunner Chronicles (the black guy in the above video). This guy is a nutjob of the highest order. There's one where he does a presentation on how the Illuminati sneaks satanic imagery into Delta faucet ads and cartoons like Arthur and Doug, and Mickey Mouse & Friends. Apparently anything representing an eye, a lightning bolt, a contrast of black and white, a triangle, etc. is a veiled Satanic message.

He also cites everyone from Oprah to Beyonce to the Pope for purportedly displaying secret Satanic hand gestures.
Old 11-26-12, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Kirk Cameron's new BFF
Old 11-26-12, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The little shit worked with Charlie Sheen for eight years and just now found God?

I hope Charles Michael Levine fires his ass.
Old 11-26-12, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I always knew that kid was messed up. I expect now he'll be donating all his ill begotten gains to charity and move to a homeless shelter right?
Old 11-26-12, 04:59 PM
Premium Member

Received 690 Likes on 462 Posts

Does anyone really still watch the show? This is more publicity than I have seen since Charlie's craziness. And only because it was posted here

(We don't have weekly threads about it any more)
Old 11-26-12, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

This kind of extreme swing tends to happen to people becoming Christians later in life (meaning late teens and on), and in the case of being a celebrity of any kind...I can only imagine how they're being pushed and used by the "pastor" that befriends them. This absurd testimony production is just embarrassing....

Edit: Looking into this 'forerunner' movement more... it's just another twisted end-times theology.

Last edited by Artman; 11-26-12 at 11:01 PM.
Old 11-27-12, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand that he shaved his head since Jake is in the army, but is he going bald?
Old 11-27-12, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is there any way to fire him AND not have to pay him residuals?
Old 11-27-12, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

no, unless he has a promotions clause in his contract but I doubt that since he's a secondary character. I think it's time to hang it up anyway. They've gone everywhere they can with this show
Old 11-27-12, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

He used to be my fave on the show...what a shame. Now he's turned into a Jesus freak...what a waste.
Old 11-27-12, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It's a phase.
Old 11-27-12, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

He says "do some research about the effects of television on your brain" ........... maybe HE should do some research about the effects of religeous fanatics on your brain.
Old 11-27-12, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

In the workshop testimony, Jones also talks about his parents' divorce, his drug use, and the fact that he's still a virgin.

CBS declined to comment on Jones's interview. A representative for Jones, who is reportedly paid between $300,000 and $350,000 per episode for "Two and a Half Men," has not responded to Yahoo! TV's request for comment.
Old 11-27-12, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Angus T. Jones, the star of "Two and a Half Men" who trashed his own show as "filth," is "cool and calm" and "doing very well," according to his interviewer who spoke with Jones after his comments prompted an online outburst.

Christopher Hudson, who hosts the online show ForeRunner Chronicles, also told ABCNews.com that he admired Jones for speaking so boldly about his religious convictions.

"I'm impressed that this young man has the ability to deal with this situation in a responsible way," Hudson said today. "This young man is a noble young man. Because he is not just professing Christ with his words and saying that he's a Christian, but he's showing the proof."

Hudson's 15-minute-long sit down with Jones went viral after he posted it to YouTube Monday. As of this afternoon, it had more than 800,000 views. While most of the video is devoted to Jones' testimonial about becoming a Seventh-Day Adventist, he goes on a tirade about "Two and a Half Men," where he's played happy-go-lucky kid Jake Harper since 2003.

"Jake from 'Two and a Half Men' means nothing," he says. "He is a non-existent character. If you watch 'Two and a Half Men,' please stop watching 'Two and a Half Men.' I'm on 'Two and a Half Men' and I don't want to be on it."

He goes on, "Please stop watching. Please stop filling your head with filth, please. People say it's entertainment ... the fact that it's entertainment ... do some research on the effect of television on your brain and you'll have a decision to make."

"It's bad news," he adds, shaking his head. "A lot of people don't like to think about how deceptive the enemy is."

That "enemy" has made him rich. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the 19-year-old actor earns about $350,000 per episode, and received a raise along with co-stars Jon Cryer and Ashton Kutcher when the show was renewed for a tenth season in May. "Two and a Half Men" tapes about 20 episodes per season and has been on for 10 seasons.

Representatives for Jones, CBS, and Warner Bros., the studio that produces "Two and a Half Men," have yet to comment on the video. Hudson said he spoke with Jones on Monday and the actor is "doing very well."

"He's maintaining very well," Hudson said. "From speaking to him, he was very cool and calm and he's doing very well."

What's Next for Angus T. Jones?

What happens now? "Two and a Half Men" managed to muddle out of an epic drama with Charlie Sheen two years ago when Sheen's erratic behavior led to CBS and Warner Bros. booting their star from what was TV's No. 1 sitcom. Sheen went on a media tour afterwards, slamming the show and its creator Chuck Lorre. By all accounts, it was a PR nightmare.

Matt Belloni, news director of The Hollywood Reporter, doesn't think the same thing will happen with Jones. He noted that no studio would want to fire an actor for expressing his religious beliefs. But, he said it's likely that Lorre and the show's producers will ask Jones if he wants out.

"Nobody wants someone who doesn't want to be there," he said. "He's paid very well, they treat him like a professional, it's not like there's some raging feud happening on the set like there was with Charlie Sheen. I could see them working something out where he leaves gracefully."

In an October interview with E! Online, Jones lamented his character's reduced screentime on the show. "My character does Skype calls. He only does one scene Skype calls," he said. "It's easy but it's boring." Belloni said it's likely Jones wants to move on from the show and go to college.

If he wants to stay in Hollywood, he may have some problems.

"Some may admire his strong opinion and indication of taste, while other prospective employers might worry that he'll sound off on their project if he deems it not up to snuff," said Matt Webb Mitovich, editor at large of TVLine.com. "Plus, his viewpoint is inevitably tainted by the fact that he has shown no problem collecting $300,000 for his role in disseminating what he has called 'filth.'"

For Hudson, the "ridiculous amount" of attention his video generated came as a surprise. He said he "didn't even really know who Angus Jones was" before a mutual friend introduced them because Jones was sharing Hudson's videos online. He's never watched "Two and a Half Men."

Now, Hudson agrees that the young actor has a major choice to make.

"Our relationship with Jesus Christ is not something you can leave at home or pack in your purse or put in your book bag," he said. "It's your life. No man can serve two masters. It's one or the other."

"Angus, I believe, has come to that understanding," he said. "What he does with that understanding in the near future is for him to decide."
Old 11-27-12, 02:03 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

the enemy has made him rich, will he give his money away or blame the enemy for forcing him to spend the money?
Old 11-27-12, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Do churches ever say NO to huge pots of money? Even if it's "the devil's" money? Just like his church, he'll have some fig-leaf justification (that he'll be using it for good) and manage to stay just as rich as he wants to be.
Old 11-27-12, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JimRochester
no, unless he has a promotions clause in his contract but I doubt that since he's a secondary character. I think it's time to hang it up anyway. They've gone everywhere they can with this show
Nowhere

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.