Old 08-07-11, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Entourage -- "One Last Shot" -- 8/07/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-07-24

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
A benevolent Vince defies his friends' advice and gives an old nemesis, producer Carl Ertz (Kim Coates), a second chance when he claims to be interested in the miner movie. Meanwhile, Andrew Dice Clay takes a stand on his "Johnny's Bananas" contract, despite Drama's disapproval; Lloyd convinces Ari to go on a date; and Turtle has a meeting with his boss about his future with Avion.

Episode 3 of 8

Promo:

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayerV2.swf?vid=1195861"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Preview #91&copyShareURL=http%3A//www.hbo.com/video/video.html/%3Fautoplay%3Dtrue%26vid%3D1195861%26filter%3Dentourage%26view%3Dnull"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayerV2.swf?vid=1195861" FlashVars="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Preview #91&copyShareURL=http%3A//www.hbo.com/video/video.html/%3Fautoplay%3Dtrue%26vid%3D1195861%26filter%3Dentourage%26view%3Dnull" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="512" height="288"></embed></object>
Old 08-07-11, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Entourage -- "One Last Shot" -- 8/07/11

Wow... didn't see that ending coming.

to Ari and Dana hooking up.
Old 08-07-11, 10:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Drav3n
to Ari and Dana hooking up.
Yeah, Ari did good.
Old 08-08-11, 03:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It was Blake!!! That casting choice was pretty tight butthole.
Old 08-08-11, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Never thought I'd see that on Entourage...

and wow to Ari cheating on his wife. Didn't think he'd actually go through with it, even if it was just with Dana (she's still smoking hot too). They looked genuinely happy together.

Weird season of Entourage.
Old 08-08-11, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JTH182
Never thought I'd see that on Entourage...

and wow to Ari cheating on his wife. Didn't think he'd actually go through with it, even if it was just with Dana (she's still smoking hot too). They looked genuinely happy together.

Weird season of Entourage.
I'd imagine Ari will be back with this wife by the end of the season, but I'd actually rather see him wind up with Dana.
Old 08-08-11, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I really miss Entourage when it was a fun 25 minutes with a movie star and his pals. Correct me if i'm wrong, but did last nights episode end with a coke head blowing his brains out?
Old 08-08-11, 10:58 AM
Banned

I personally thought this was a rely good episode. Maybe dice is gone now
Old 08-08-11, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I actually like the direction this season is going. It's gone back to the relying on the main characters either together or in pairs of twos (Drama and E... Vince and Turtle). Granted it's not as good as season 2 where they pretty much did Drama/Turtle and Vince/E storylines all season and it's not as good as season 1 where it was all 4 of them together but it's much better than all four of them separate which we saw a lot the last two seasons.

I love Dana and Ari together and I'm actually hoping they stick with it. I always thought they were great together. Mrs. Ari is a bitch. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends with Mrs. Ari finding about Ari and Dana and her all of a sudden wanting Ari back.

Funny thing is that I think Entourage kind of stuck itself between a rock and a hard place. If it was still a show about them finding movies and having fun people would say it's getting stale. In fact there used to be plenty of posts saying that they didn't like how light the show was and how everything was working out for Vince all the time. Now they're trying to take a more dramatic turn and the half that was still enjoying the show now dislike it for that.

I hope that this doesn't end with Vince going back to his addiction. We don't need a retread of last season. And if I were writing this show I would have scrapped all this stuff that's going on now and focused this season on Vince getting a big gig for the first four eps... coming back with episode 5 which would take place a year later. Having the movie come out to a huge opening, great reviews and Vince getting an Oscar nomination. Then realizing that he's accomplished everything that he's wanted to and deciding to "retire" and go home. Then have the last few episodes be about the other three guys struggling with Vince's decision but ultimately deciding that they're family so they leave everything behind and go home together... or them becoming even more separated with E staying in LA, Johnny getting a big TV job that films in Vancouver or something and Turtle realizing his entrepreneurial spirit and moving to another city. Either way you go it sets up well for a movie where Vince decides to unretire because he got a great script and him and the guys head back to LA. IMO, that would have kept the season light but have just enough drama to keep everyone interested. And for all I know the season is heading in a similar direction... but with just a handful of episodes left they need to get moving on a resolution to this show, it doesn't seem like they're anywhere close to that.

Last edited by Goat3001; 08-08-11 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-08-11, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

Wait a minute. Ari didn't have a condom. Wonder if the scene of him saying that will be used on a "previously on" segment a few episode down!
Old 08-08-11, 05:28 PM

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Wait a minute. Ari didn't have a condom. Wonder if the scene of him saying that will be used on a "previously on" segment a few episode down!
It's possible that Dana would have some condoms or she could be on the pill. Plus she said that she was 40 so the chances of her getting pregnant would be slim. Either way I thought it was a great transition from the scene with with his date and how he was looking for something more meaningful than just a hookup.
Old 08-08-11, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001

Funny thing is that I think Entourage kind of stuck itself between a rock and a hard place. If it was still a show about them finding movies and having fun people would say it's getting stale. In fact there used to be plenty of posts saying that they didn't like how light the show was and how everything was working out for Vince all the time. Now they're trying to take a more dramatic turn and the half that was still enjoying the show now dislike it for that.

This is a good point. I always thought the show should have ended 2 seasons ago as it had some pretty good characters arc's wrapped up, and would have avoided the typical problems of a show going on well past its prime. You can count me as one of those people who hated that they have gotten all dramatic and got away from just being a guilty pleasure show.

There was a formula that made this show great: Ari really being the best character on the show with his chemistry with Lloyd made it that much better. Drama/Turtle getting in crazy situations and Drama popping off 3-4 great one liners each show. Vince/E giving alittle bit of seriousness to the show to offset the other characters, and Vinces character arc gave each season something different to look forward to. Sometimes it isnt bad to end a show when its still good, Entourage should have ended 2 seasons ago, IMO.
Old 08-08-11, 06:41 PM

Turtle would be dumb enough to sell his stake in a liquor company that's about to blow up so he can open a baked clams restaurant.
Old 08-08-11, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm happily surprised what they're doing with Ari. His date with the young girl was painfully awkward.
Old 08-08-11, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by RUSF18
Turtle would be dumb enough to sell his stake in a liquor company that's about to blow up so he can open a baked clams restaurant.
And turn down multi-billionaire Mark Cuban's offer of support to boot. The whole sequence was just one stupid idea after another.

I saw the ending a mile away, though since I couldn't see where the coke-head was going to come up with a gun I figured he was just going to OD in front of them.

Sad to see Ari cheat on his wife. I just don't find adultery all that amusing or heartwarming.
Old 08-08-11, 11:33 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Sad to see Ari cheat on his wife. I just don't find adultery all that amusing or heartwarming.
Is it really cheating? His wife kicked him out and is dating another man.
Old 08-09-11, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Agreed.
Old 08-09-11, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Agreed. How much does it cost to open a restaurant anyway that he can't get Vince's support or hell, take out a loan. He has the collateral.

Neither do I. Except it's not cheating when you're separated and your wife is seeing someone else.
Old 08-09-11, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's ok buddy. She didn't deserve you.
Old 08-09-11, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ari's fidelity to Ms. Ari was one of the ways he separated himself from other people in the entertainment industry. The look of hurt on his face when his wife told him she was dating Bobby Flay occurred in the office so he had to go sport f*****g to save face. She left, she started over now it is his turn. It might be adultry on paper or in marriage in Riyadh, Saudi Arabian kind of way but he is free and his possibilities would be endless. Rich, alpha male, buff, superficial jerk could venture into Wilt Chamberlain territory if he chose.
Old 08-09-11, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by madcougar
It's ok buddy. She didn't deserve you.
Old 08-09-11, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 843 Likes on 589 Posts

When buddy locked himself in the bathroom doing coke, I was just waiting for him to pull a gun out of somewhere and blow his brains out. Pretty predictable.

I guess in real life Dice Clay is desperate enough for money to play himself in a show being an idiot.

I don't mind that the show has taken a much more serious tone than in the first few seasons.

The Scott character is getting annoying simply because he's just tagging along and not really doing anything. And what's up with him having his arms up all the time? They never seem to go back down to his sides.
Old 08-10-11, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The scene in Dice's apartment was pretty funny, and I believe he would be that insane to walk off a show like that. I hope Jamie Kennedy doesn't make Billy Walsh relapse, although it was nice seeing Billy pissed off again. And I was SO happy that Drama didn't do the stupid thing and walk, although $15 grand an episode for a network show is kind of low.
Old 08-10-11, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"It's not a show yet."
Old 08-10-11, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The real Dice would probably blow everyone at the network to get a show.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.