Old 08-01-11, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
The Closer -- "Under Control" -- 8/01/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-07-10

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The squad searches for a vanished boy who has a connection to Lt. Tao. Elsewhere, Capt. Raydor continues her methodical review of Brenda's team and offers a troubling recommendation to Brenda.

Episode 4 of 21

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sWkhKKsRJuw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-02-11, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: The Closer -- "Under Control" -- 8/01/11

Wow, after the Flynn/Provenza comedy hour last week this was a hard episode to watch. It was a great dramatic episode.

The topic was so dark. A 9 year old boy murdered by his own father. The guy was such a scum bag and he deserved to be beaten to a pulp for how he justified it.

Weird seeing Meredith Monroe here as the boys mother. I'm so used to her as Hotch's wife on Criminal Minds. She was great here.

I did get a good laugh when Tao told his kid to get a snack and watch TV after all hell broke loose in the office. It was cool to see Tao and his family in this episode.

I'm just speculating here, but does anyone think this whole Terrell Baylor situation might contribute to Brenda maybe leaving the LAPD in the series finale? That would be insane to drag this storyline out until next summer, but I think it could play a factor. I think they are probably going to mix the usual cases of the week with a possible trial against Brenda. I don't know how this storyline will play out, but it looks like Brenda is screwed. Captain Raydor is right, she needs to hire a good lawyer.

Last edited by DJariya; 08-02-11 at 04:20 AM.
Old 08-02-11, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I'm just speculating here, but does anyone think this whole Terrell Baylor situation might contribute to Brenda maybe leaving the LAPD in the series finale? That would be insane to drag this storyline out until next summer, but I think it could play a factor. I think they are probably going to mix the usual cases of the week with a possible trial against Brenda. I don't know how this storyline will play out, but it looks like Brenda is screwed. Captain Raydor is right, she needs to hire a good lawyer.
Yeah, I hope they don't stretch it out that long, but I agree. Brenda is pretty screwed.
Old 08-02-11, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

Yep, I think Brenda is screwed, and I do like who Raydor is trying to help her the best she can.

I just finished re-watching S1 and it is interesting to see how everyone hated Brenda in the beginning but grew to respect her. Hopefully Raydor won't have quite as steep a learning curve but I guess that depends on how things play out. Do we know if all of the other actors from the show are signed on for the spin-off?
Old 08-02-11, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by lisadoris
Yep, I think Brenda is screwed, and I do like who Raydor is trying to help her the best she can.

I just finished re-watching S1 and it is interesting to see how everyone hated Brenda in the beginning but grew to respect her. Hopefully Raydor won't have quite as steep a learning curve but I guess that depends on how things play out. Do we know if all of the other actors from the show are signed on for the spin-off?
Nothing has been announced yet. They haven't even shot the Pilot yet since McDonnell is still working on The Closer.
Old 08-02-11, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the last few seasons Raydor has grown to respect Brenda alot. She's had her audit all bowtied and ready to give to Pope before he got his power trip and forced her hand again.