TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Face Off - special F/X reality competition on SyFy

Old 12-26-11, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,625 Likes on 2,602 Posts
Re: Face Off - special F/X reality competition on SyFy

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
Season 2 starts on jan 12
Correction...January 11th. See my sticky on the top of this forum. Probably January 12th for you since your torrent it.
Old 12-26-11, 11:24 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Correction...January 11th. See my sticky on the top of this forum. Probably January 12th for you since your torrent it.
No i don't , torrents are so 2005 DD are where its at and it's more about the time difference in that it's Jan 12 here in Australia when it airs in the US
Old 12-28-11, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking forward to the new season. Hopefully no more no-talents with Bettie Page haircuts flirting with/riding the coattails of other contestants.
Old 01-11-12, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Season 2 starts tonight.
Old 01-11-12, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

We're there. Loved last season.
Old 01-12-12, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good episode. Two people who are already on my shit list: the guy who won immunity and the useless blonde chick from the Ukraine.
Old 01-12-12, 09:29 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

I don't get why that guy won immunity in first place. His purple elf looked okay, I guess, but it seemed more like a well done Comic-Con costume than a professional film makeup job. Maybe it looked better in person?

I hated that the guy's team changed their scarecrow design. The original design was innovative and I was excited to see the final product. Then immunity guy opens his mouth and they change it to that generic thing.
Old 01-12-12, 10:21 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DRG
I don't get why that guy won immunity in first place. His purple elf looked okay, I guess, but it seemed more like a well done Comic-Con costume than a professional film makeup job. Maybe it looked better in person?

I hated that the guy's team changed their scarecrow design. The original design was innovative and I was excited to see the final product. Then immunity guy opens his mouth and they change it to that generic thing.
First time watching the show and it was fairly enjoyable. I may have to DVR it.

Though I do agree with your statement about the guy with immunity. It seems that every reality show that has someone with immunity and they then go onto a team based elimination challenge, the team listens to the person with immunity. They should have ignored his comments and did what they wanted. He has no vested interest in that team challenge as he is guaranteed safe. He could have done nothing and he'd still be around for the next while.
Old 01-12-12, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i enjoy this show I agree with the immunity guy not deserving of that win. It was well done but really didnt show any creativity. Im not sure if he was the one who came up with the concept of the wicked witch but really liked the design just didnt transfer well with the work.

the girls scarecrow and the guys lion were m favorite work. rest imo was forgettable. overall i feel the guys kept to an overall theme better then the girls
Old 01-26-12, 11:25 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

That guy did a fantastic job recreating those sneakers, but I felt their piece as a whole wasn't strong enough to win... the basketball uniform was just okay and the concept wasn't very creative aside from the use of the girl's booty as a basketball. I thought Athena and RJ's scene was actually more visually interesting and executed better overall, and I was surprised to see they only got 'safe'.

I was also surprised they were able to show so much naked ass and painted naked boobs on SyFy.
Old 01-26-12, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DRG
That guy did a fantastic job recreating those sneakers, but I felt their piece as a whole wasn't strong enough to win... the basketball uniform was just okay and the concept wasn't very creative aside from the use of the girl's booty as a basketball. I thought Athena and RJ's scene was actually more visually interesting and executed better overall, and I was surprised to see they only got 'safe'.

I was also surprised they were able to show so much naked ass and painted naked boobs on SyFy.
I thought this years best barely qualified as last years mediocre. And yeah, I was also surprised how much nudity they got away with. Probably the most I've seen on basic US cable ever.
Old 01-26-12, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This episode was kind of "eh" to me. I did like the foundation challenge, though.

Right now I'm rooting for Matt.
Old 02-02-12, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad to see Brea get the boot last night. That chick was way too full of herself.

Jerry is one lazy fuck. No wonder he lost SOTA studios and his career never really took off.

I like Ian; he's humble but does great work. I can see him and Becky being in the final three.
Old 02-02-12, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

I was surprised about Brea. She was full of herself, but she's been in the top more than once. Seems like they turned on her awfully fast. Athena's tied up woman was much worse IMO.
Old 02-02-12, 03:56 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Agree that Athena should have been the one to go. Not only was her concept weak for this challenge to begin with, but the execution failed as well. Brea's wasn't perfect, but I didn't think it was as awful as the judges let on.

I thought Sue's hadephobia concept looked great in her initial sketch, like some sort of Satanic/Silent Hill thing, so I was disappointed she strayed so far from that sketch with her actual makeup.

Application issues aside, I thought that frost guy was a really cool design and I could see him in his own horror movie.
Old 02-02-12, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Athena should have gone for that mess. Anyone else think she's exactly what a mail-order Russian bride in a 80s sitcom would be like?
Old 02-02-12, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oops, I almost forgot about Athena's abominable design. Yea, she should've gone home before Brea.

Also, to Savini guest judging. Seems almost like a requirement for this show. Now someone go find Rob Bottin!
Old 02-03-12, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Agreed Athena's was worse and should have received the axe. Jerry has been very lucky.
Old 02-08-12, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 360 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by Navinabob
Athena should have gone for that mess. Anyone else think she's exactly what a mail-order Russian bride in a 80s sitcom would be like?
The thing that bothers me is she looks like Britney Spears + Mail-Order Russian Bridge in an 80s sitcom.

Though I guess that isn't surprising since the SyFy.com Bio says that Athena works as a Britney Spears impersonator.
Old 02-09-12, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Glad Athena got eliminated tonight. She hadn't done anything really great so far in the show and the whole Britney Spears Impersonator look was annoying me every week.

Sue is starting to annoy me too. Super emotional and comes off as never having a bad day in her life.

Rayce, Ian, Heather, Tara and Matt have been my favorites so far.
Old 02-09-12, 09:37 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

I'm glad somebody called out the toga/skirt thing on Heather/Rayce's design. I know it's a shortcut for time reasons, but just about *anything* else would have looked better than that. Hell, throw a pair of pants on the guy and rip them up, Incredible Hulk-style.

Aside from the face, Beki and Sue's spider creature looked like something out of a elementary school play. The chunky texture they fought over was the least of that design's problems.
Old 02-09-12, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A few interesting facts I learned last night that I thought you guys might dig:

- the only time the judges ever see the contestants is when they appear for judging. They aren't witness to any of the back stage drama, otherwise it would certainly affect their decisions (and it shouldn't, really)
- they don't have any input into the challenges, which are all thought up by the producers. The phobia challenge was deemed "stupid" and they generally dislike most of the things the producers come up with. They don't have any input on what would make a good challenge.

I'm sure these are things most of us might have assumed, but it's interesting to hear it from the horse's mouth. The horse in this case being one of the judges. Not saying who though.
Old 02-09-12, 12:13 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Interesting, although I thought the phobia challenge was pretty cool.
Old 02-10-12, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally... it was definitely time for Athena to go. Although, I don't think her creature was as bad as Sue and Beki's. Those "traffic cone" arms were so laughably bad.
Old 02-10-12, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
Finally... it was definitely time for Athena to go. Although, I don't think her creature was as bad as Sue and Beki's. Those "traffic cone" arms were so laughably bad.
It was mentioned, but the judges gave her so many chances to show what she's got and she couldn't (for some reason). That have been why she was sent home. The cone arms on that spider were pretty funny

I think I read on Wiki that one of the upcoming Challenges is to re-work one of Patrick's sketches/designs.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.