Old 01-11-11, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Detroit 1-8-7 -- "Key to the City" -- 1/11/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-01

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Happiness turns to horror during Longford's surprise retirement party when the squad learns that one of their own - assistant prosecutor Alice Williams - has been shot dead in a courthouse parking garage. For the victim's close friend, Lieutenant Mason, and the other stunned and enraged detectives, this crime is very personal as they cast a wide net to investigate anyone who could have had a motive. Suspects range from a criminal Williams had once put away to a former boyfriend who may have been stalking her. Closely guarded secrets start to emerge, including Williams' pact with a well-known reporter to build a case against a prominent figure with whom Fitch has tangled in the past. As the plot thickens, the body count rises.

Episode 12 of 18

This one actually looks good judging by the promo shown after last week's episode.
Old 01-12-11, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Detroit 1-8-7 -- "Key to the City" -- 1/11/11

I liked it. Although I'm not sure about the ending but I guess it is better than waiting for Malloy to slip up.
Old 01-12-11, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

At the end of the show when everybody found out all the evidence was gone i thought to myself that somebody should just take the guy out somewhere and shoot him. Really liking this show.
Old 01-12-11, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Damn, they were so close, but just missed having a great episode with that stupid ass ending. You mean to tell me the writers couldn't think of anything better than retreat to an old tired plot device..."Did the renegade cop do it?"

And you have a key piece of recorded evidence and Maureen keeps it unlocked up in her desk drawer in her open office. Why wasn't it processed and put into proper storage?

It was a pretty compelling episode and I enjoyed everything including Fitch's confrontation with Malloy at the party. It sucks that they killed off Alice (she was hot), but Rochelle Aytes was only a recurring guest star.

The Hit Man doing the murder/suicide jump with Malloy's mistress was quite surprising even though they didn't show it.

Did not surprise me one bit that Stone and Sanchez, but the whole thing with Wendy was stupid.
Old 01-12-11, 04:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
And you have a key piece of recorded evidence and Maureen keeps it unlocked up in her desk drawer in her open office. Why wasn't it processed and put into proper storage?
Well isn't one of the more common bad cop things is that they steal from the evidence locker? It was probably safer with her. I would be more worried with the fact this cop walked into her office, broke the drawer, and walked out infront of a room full of detectives.

Well at least the ending sets up a Fitch-centric episode.
Old 01-12-11, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just watching the first part online.....so far this is one of the funniest shows I have seen in awhile between fitch calling his partner on the phone to talk after he got out of the car and then when he was interviewing the reporter and fed into his paranoia by telling him there was a red dot on his forehead.
Old 01-12-11, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just finished the entire ep....great show. One of the best this season. Great ending for next week's show.
Old 01-16-11, 03:14 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Loved it.