Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Million Dollar Money Drop -- New Game Show with Kevin Pollak -- Premieres 12/20/10

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Million Dollar Money Drop -- New Game Show with Kevin Pollak -- Premieres 12/20/10

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-10, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Million Dollar Money -- New Game Show Hosted by Kevin Pollak -- Premieres 12/20/

Originally Posted by TheKing
They messed up one of the questions!

The Post-It Note was introduced in 1977, but didn't sell well as it hadn't been used before. It was re-introduced in 1980, but since 3M recognizes 1980 as the official debut date, I guess the question is technically correct. But it was sold before 1979.
They get to come back

"Unfortunately the information our research department originally obtained from 3M regarding when Post-it notes were first sold was incomplete," Jeff Apploff, "Million Dollar Drop's" executive producer said in a statement to Access on Thursday. "As a result of new information we have received from 3M, we feel it is only fair to give our contestants, Gabe and Brittany, another shot to play 'Million Dollar Money Drop' even though this question was not the deciding question in their game.

"The revised information regarding the Post-it is as follows: the product was originally tested for sale in four cities under the name 'Press 'N Peel' in 1977, sold as 'Post-its' in 1979 when the rollout introduction began and sold nationwide in 1980. We would like to extend our sincere thanks to the viewers who brought this to our attention, and we're thrilled to give Gabe and Brittany the opportunity to return to play the game," he added.
Old 12-23-10, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Million Dollar Money Drop -- New Game Show with Kevin Pollak -- Premieres 12/20/1

^ I didn't watch that episode, but I highly doubt the contestants took any of that info into account when giving it their best guess. I suppose it's still cool that the show admitted their mistake. Heck, I hope they end up winning big this time.

Good Lord the first woman was annoying. Anyone else snicker when the second couple had the sex question and the man said something like "You can sleep all you want" as Pollak grinned devilishly in the background? What a sad ending. I can't believe they changed the final Statue of Liberty question. The guy looked like he took it pretty hard.

Last edited by beesonosu; 12-23-10 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-24-10, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Million Dollar Money Drop -- New Game Show with Kevin Pollak -- Premieres 12/20/1

The shows okay but I think it will get boring fast. It becomes anti-climatic as the money shrinks instead of building. They need to add a way to get some money back. And it's sort of irritating that the host has to constantly keep reminding them to move the loot as time runs out.
Old 12-25-10, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was confused at how that one couple answered the Bieber question. The husband said "Justin Bieber is 16 years old", so why did they put most of their money on the first George Bush being president when he was born? I could see maybe putting some on Bush I as a safety, but for them put so much when they correctly guessed Bieber was 16 seemed idiotic. Unless they had no idea when Clinton was elected?
Old 12-25-10, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I was confused at how that one couple answered the Bieber question. The husband said "Justin Bieber is 16 years old", so why did they put most of their money on the first George Bush being president when he was born? I could see maybe putting some on Bush I as a safety, but for them put so much when they correctly guessed Bieber was 16 seemed idiotic. Unless they had no idea when Clinton was elected?
The worst part of that question was them putting some money on W at first. At least they figured out eventually that Bieber isn't nine years old, but it took them way too long.
Old 12-25-10, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by Jadzia
It seems obvious to you that 2010 minus 16 years is 1994, and that Clinton was POTUS in 1994. Whether it is because they are stupid or were too nervous to think straight, that was not obvious to them.
Old 12-25-10, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

did anyone else think the couple on the episode with the state abbreviations/commercial mascots/etc were fake? hired actors? looked so force and fake.
Old 01-13-11, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Did anyone watch tonight's episode? Those bimbos were dumb to not put any money on American Pie!
Old 01-13-11, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by mhg83
Did anyone watch tonight's episode? Those bimbos were dumb to not put any money on American Pie!
Well, you gotta leave one blank. They just had no idea about American Pie, so they chose to exclude the song they didn't know anything about.
Old 01-13-11, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by atari2600
did anyone else think the couple on the episode with the state abbreviations/commercial mascots/etc were fake? hired actors? looked so force and fake.
It wouldn't be the first time a new game show used actors as "contestants."
Old 01-13-11, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by atari2600
I thought the same thing on the very first episode. There's something off about them.
Old 01-14-11, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

How bout the 2nd set of contestants? "I've had some M&M's"!
Old 01-14-11, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Quack
How bout the 2nd set of contestants? "I've had some M&M's"!
I was waiting for them to pull out a bag from their pocket and start counting it makes you wonder if they tailor the questions to fit the personality of the contestants. Two fat chicks and two categories are cookies and candy??? Seems too much of a coincidence.
Old 01-14-11, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
it makes you wonder if they tailor the questions to fit the personality of the contestants.
Considering that SEINFELD popped up as a category for an African -American couple the other night, I don't think that is so.
Old 01-14-11, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

The questions seem to be getting slightly easier .. but the last question is still pretty much a 50-50 guess.