Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Rizzoli & Isles (TNT) -- Series Discussion Thread -- S: Angie Harmon, Sasha Alexander

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Rizzoli & Isles (TNT) -- Series Discussion Thread -- S: Angie Harmon, Sasha Alexander

Old 07-14-11, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Re: Rizzoli & Isles -- Season Premiere -- "We Don't Need Another Hero" -- 7/11/11

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
This a hard show to jump into without seeing S1?
No, not at all. There was only 1 minor story arc in season 1 that was already wrapped up. They have already closed out what happened in the season finale as well. If you wanted to try it next week, you could easily jump in without feeling lost.
Old 07-18-11, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Rizzoli & Isles -- "Living Proof" -- 7/18/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-06-23

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Jane and Maura’s relaxing day at an outdoor spa is anything but when they discover the murder of a pregnant woman serving as a surrogate mother. Soon the hunt is on to find the baby’s biological parents.

Episode 2 of 13-15

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BzyWqNgQ4Ek" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-19-11, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Rizzoli & Isles -- "Living Proof" -- 7/18/11

I enjoyed everything about this episode except Jane's Mom. Man, was she annoying as hell. I did get a few chuckles from Jane's reactions to her.

as has been said before, I love the scenes with Jane and Maura's banter. The spa scenes were pretty funny.

I liked the case of the week also. Some pretty cool twists with the doctor also being the lawyer.

Oh I had to look it up, but that "Kangaroo care" treatment is actually real.

Kangaroo care is a method of holding a baby that involves skin-to-skin contact. The baby, who is naked except for a diaper and a piece of cloth covering his or her back (either a receiving blanket or the parent's clothing), is placed in an upright position against a parent's bare chest. This snuggling of the infant inside the pouch of their parent's shirt, much like a kangaroo's pouch, led to the creation of the term "kangaroo care."
My jaw almost dropped when it initially looked like Jane's 50-something year old Mom was breast feeding that kid, but as explained in the above excerpt, she wasn't and same with Maura.
Old 07-20-11, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Rizzoli & Isles -- "Living Proof" -- 7/18/11

You know, I like the characters on this show and their interactions. But the forensics are just so crazy and so very wrong that it is just painful to watch.

The dyes in the prenatal vitamin digesting in her stomach led them to a specific fertility clinic - okay!

This show is definitely one of the worst in terms of their forensic facts - it's almost Bones bad (I had to stop watching that one).
Old 07-25-11, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Rizzoli & Isles -- "Sailor Man" -- 7/25/11

By djariya at 2011-06-23

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Arriving sailors celebrate in Boston during the city's Fleet Week, yet it isn't smooth sailing when the body of a young girl is found. Also arriving is Frost's father (Ernie Hudson), a Navy admiral who stirs up tension with his son. Meanwhile, Maura heads out on a date with Angela's mechanic (Matthew Del Negro).

Episode 3 of 13-15

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MTLWiHnkx5w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-25-11, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 597 Likes on 431 Posts
Re: Rizzoli & Isles -- "Sailor Man" -- 7/25/11

Pretty sure i just saw the same exact thing on an ep of another show about a month ago.

They see a video of a guy coming-out of an elevator and the suitcase gets stuck on the separation while coming out of the elevator. Tis is how they figure out the case.

I just can't remember where, maybe Americas Most Wanted?
Old 07-26-11, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk God

The case of the week sucked. Plus, Ernie Hudson was wasted in a thankless part.

But, the dialogue in the episode and banter between Jane and Maura was top notch. I couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous the episode got at times.

Giovanni was a ridiculous Italian American stereotype.

Giovanni to Maura: "I want to get you naked and lick your face."

Plus, they really amped up making fun of the sexual tension/Lesbian overtones between Jane and Maura.

at Jane asking Maura if she was interested in sleeping with her.

at Jane and Maura pretending to be a Lesbian couple to Giovanni and saying they are "Life Long BFF's"

Who would have thought a crappy case of the week would turn into such a fun dialogue driven episode was lots of comedy. The writers of this show must have so much fun, especially playing with the banter between Jane and Maura.
Old 07-26-11, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by whotony
Pretty sure i just saw the same exact thing on an ep of another show about a month ago.

They see a video of a guy coming-out of an elevator and the suitcase gets stuck on the separation while coming out of the elevator. Tis is how they figure out the case.

I just can't remember where, maybe Americas Most Wanted?
The revelation that the fake sailor stuffed the body in the suitcase leaving the zipper marks on her face was really the only cool element ot the case.
Old 07-29-11, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
The case of the week sucked. Plus, Ernie Hudson was wasted in a thankless part.
Ernie Hudson is becoming the King of Thankless Roles. Before this, there was Anita's boyfriend on the last season of L&O. The lawyer on Bones didn't have much meat either.

Plus, they really amped up making fun of the sexual tension/Lesbian overtones between Jane and Maura.
I think Jane and Maura are a lesbian couple is every way but their actual sexual preference.
Old 07-30-11, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

at Maura giving Jane a kiss with the big teddy bear. The Giovanni stuff did get a little too silly, but otherwise this was top-notch banter between Rizzoli and Isles. Fun episode.

I had a lot of problems with the cases-of-the-week last season, but I've enjoyed them so far this season.
Old 08-01-11, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Rizzoli & Isles -- "Brown Eyed Girl" -- 8/01/11

By djariya at 2011-06-23

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Jane and the team scramble to find the kidnapped daughter of a police officer. Doom looms when it's feared that the crime may be connected to a previous case that ended with a young girl's death.

Annie Wersching (24)
Max Martini (The Unit)
guest star

Episode 4 of 13-15

Great guest stars for this episode. Good to see Annie Wersching again.

LLBFF from last week's episode actually made Urban Dictionary.com

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=5978484

Old 08-03-11, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Rizzoli & Isles -- "Brown Eyed Girl" -- 8/01/11

This was a fucking terrible episode. I like this show alot, but this plot made me feel stupider as a police procedural viewer.

1st of all, Annie Wersching and Max Martini were wasted as the parents.

at their son incessantly drawing light houses without putting it together that he saw them on Connecticut plates from the kidnappers car. The kid wasn't 5 years old. All he had to do from the start was say he saw lighthouses on the license plate.

Also, how the hell was he able to make a positive ID of the female kidnapper when she was driving and the car was at least 30-40 feet away?

Also, I thought it was ridiculous that Jane and Maura could hypothesize that the murder victim was protecting the kidnap victim and that's how she got her defensive wounds and the tears/mucus on her shirt.

I'm not a doctor, but is it really feasible for Maura to guess 3-5 years that the murder victim was held in captivity?

at the last scene with the kidnapper running out of the room screaming with a axe.

This episode was sorely missing the comedic banter between Jane and Maura.
Old 08-03-11, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^Agreed on all points. They tried to pull off a serious L&O:SVU type of case, but that show does a much better job with that type of material.
Old 08-03-11, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

It certainly wasn't the best episode and it didn't help that The Closer dealt with a child abduction that night too (and that episode was way better).
Old 08-03-11, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm not a doctor, but is it really feasible for Maura to guess 3-5 years that the murder victim was held in captivity?
That was the easy part really. The new victim was 13 and the dead girl was 17. Assuming this was a preferential offender, it's reasonable to think the 17-year-old was taken when she was the same age as the new victim.
Old 08-03-11, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She did an xray and saw that bones were fusing together that usually happpen when you are about 17, thats how she figured it out, and the lighthouse part was silly.
Old 08-04-11, 03:19 AM

Ya the 3-5 year thing I could buy, what annoyed me was when they got her back and they just sent her home "go be with your parents". Really?? Don't send her to a hospital to be checked out, don't see if they can collect any evidence off her? Anything? Just a sweet bye bye and off she went! *lol*
Old 08-04-11, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Eve1972
Don't send her to a hospital to be checked out, don't see if they can collect any evidence off her? Anything? Just a sweet bye bye and off she went! *lol*
Well, the guy who kidnapped was kind her of dead, so what would they need the evidence for...
Old 08-05-11, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by aintnosin
Well, the guy who kidnapped was kind her of dead, so what would they need the evidence for...
The crazy chick accomplice??
Old 08-05-11, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk God

http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/tnt-...or-3rd-season/

Renewed today for a 15 episode 3rd season.
Old 08-06-11, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

What irked me was that they go guns drawn in to the kidnappers house and not one cop is wearing a BP Vest.
Old 08-08-11, 05:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Rizzoli & Isles -- "Don't Hate the Player" -- 8/08/11

By djariya at 2011-06-23

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Jane and Maura cover all the bases when a baseball coach is found dead in the locker room. The gloves are off, as the death comes just as a star player and the team owners are locked in a heated battle to control the team. Meanwhile, Jane's brother (Colin Egglesfield) is released from jail and returns home.

Episode 5 of 13-15

Last week's episode was very disappointing considering it had 2 solid guest stars and an interesting plot. However, it was a comedy of bad procedural writing. Hopefully the show bounces back this week.

In case you missed it, this was renewed for a 3rd season last week.
Old 08-08-11, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TheGuy
What irked me was that they go guns drawn in to the kidnappers house and not one cop is wearing a BP Vest.
Body armor does not flatter their figures...
Old 08-09-11, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Rizzoli & Isles -- "Don't Hate the Player" -- 8/08/11

I think this show is going to suffer if the Rizzoli family soap opera starts to crowd out the cop show elements (and the Jane/Maura lesbian undertone element).
Old 08-09-11, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Re: Rizzoli & Isles -- "Don't Hate the Player" -- 8/08/11

Much better than last week.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.