TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost: Your favorite scene or episode?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-10, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Lost: Your favorite scene or episode?

I think my favorite scene was the one in the season one episode walkabout:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6kUy_Zs_DZw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6kUy_Zs_DZw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Revisiting that scene still brings tears to my eyes for whatever reason. It was such a pivotal moment that may have a greater significance once we see the finale.

My favorite episode is hard to pinpoint since there are so many good ones but through the looking glass (season three finale) So many great moments throughout that brought a great end to the first trilogy of the series that set up so many mysteries for the second trilogy.

What was your favorite scene and or episode of lost?
Old 05-22-10, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts
Re: Lost: Your favorite scene or episode?

my favorite episode is The Constant, mostly because I love time travel plots. In that same episode, my fav scene would be the Desmond/Penny one at the end.
Old 05-22-10, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

In no favorite order:

1. Desmond close to suicide, hears Locke banging on the hatch and turns on the light. Both of them at a real low in their life and unknowingly help each other out.
2. Desmond calling Penny from the boat
3. Desmond reuniting with Penny
4. The end of the S1 finale .... from Walt being taken off the raft to the hatch being opened, and the losties getting on flight 815.
5. Michael shooting Ana Lucia, Libby then himself. Two for the Road is still my favorite shocking Lost ending.
Old 05-22-10, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The one where Flocke is in the foot talking to Henry and coming in and out of the light
Old 05-22-10, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Favorite episode is probably "The Shape of Things to Come". A heavy mythology episode which I love, to bad most of it was thrown out.
Old 05-22-10, 04:46 PM
ATX

alot of LOST threads appearing, lol

fav eps: The Constant, i just love how it was constructed and how it just started w/o "previously on..."; but i love 99.3% of LOST eps

fav scene: Enter 77, Sayid & Kate itching to fight w/ Mickhail (that shit crack me up everytime for some reason); hell i actually got alot of fav scenes but i'd be thinking and making too long a list
Old 05-22-10, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Favorite episode: the Constant

Favorite scene character moment: I know I'll probably get ridiculed for it but, the scene where Charlie gives Claire a jar "full" of peanut butter. It's a sweet, imaginative moment to break the ice between two relative strangers.
Old 05-22-10, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That one episode where a mystery had been explained to fan satisfaction.
Old 05-22-10, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

If I had to pick one scene/episode, it was when Penny and Desmond reunited. That was such a poignant moment in the show. The show for me has always been about the relationships rather than the wacky conspiracies and they had such a moving love story.
Old 05-22-10, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Meglos
Which one was that again?
Old 05-22-10, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My favourite scene is still the snake in the mailbox from the Season 3 finale, the reveal of the flash forward. 3.22/23 Through the Looking Glass remains my favourite episode.

Other ones that remain really up there for me: 1.19 Deus Ex Machina, 1.23 Exodus (Part One), 2.10 The 23rd Psalm, 3.08 Flashes Before Your Eyes, 4.05 The Constant, 5.07 The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham, 6.09 Ab Aeterno.
Old 05-22-10, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Goldblum
How Locke got in a wheelchair?
Old 05-22-10, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Tie between the flashforward reveal:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yuRSSGJQHu8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yuRSSGJQHu8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

And the disappearance of the island:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2e6Qxw1_c1o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2e6Qxw1_c1o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 05-22-10, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

My favorite was the countdown to "V". My next-favorite was just the ABC logo by itself.

I know I can watch these on disc without on-screen crap, but just wanted to reiterate why I no longer watch TV.
Old 05-22-10, 06:54 PM

Not Penny's Boat
Old 05-22-10, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Goldblum
The one that explained Jack's tatoo.
Old 05-22-10, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Definetly "The Constant." There are a lot of scenes I love, but my favorite is when that Hooker Shannon got shot.
Old 05-22-10, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Meglos
You must've posted in the wrong thread...this is about the show "Lost." Nothing gets answered on this show.
Old 05-23-10, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Favorite episode would have to be Tha Variable. And my favorite scene would be with Daniel, Kate and Jack by the river while Daniel is explaining to them how he intends to change time.
Old 05-23-10, 03:34 AM

There weren't a lot of times during the show that I was truly shocked or taken aback by a reveal. I would just shrug and go "sure, why not?" and go along with it. But the the one thing I never saw coming was the scene at the foot of the statue when Ilana showed Richard what was in the box they carried from the Ajira flight. Never expected that at all. At that moment, to me anyways, I had to rethink about everything that had happened that led up to that scene and look at it at a whole different way.
Old 05-23-10, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tons of favorite scenes, but this one is near the top:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1fCrFXqVAVo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1fCrFXqVAVo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Michael Emerson has been incredible in this show.
Old 05-23-10, 05:17 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Favorite moments:

1.) "No one will have me." - Ben and Illana in the jungle. (S6E7: Dr. Linus)
2.) "Don't tell me what I can't do!" - Locke and the tour guide (S1E4: Walkabout)
3.) "Not Penny's boat." - Charlie and Desmond (S3E23: Through the Looking Glass Pt. 2)
4.) "I guess it's a good thing I'm not one of them." -'Henry Gale' eating with Jack and Locke (S2E16: One of Them)
5.) Hurley saves the day...in a hippie van. (S3E22: Through the Looking Glass Pt. 1)

Favorite Episodes:

1.) "The 23rd Psalm" S2E10
2.) "Ab Aerteno" S6E9
3.) "The Constant" S3E5
4.) "The Shape of Things to Come" S4E9
5.) "Deus Ex Machina" S1E19
Old 05-23-10, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My favorite episode is easily "Through the Looking Glass." So many great moments: Jack and Ben's fight, the confrontation with the Others on the beach, Locke's standoff with Jack, "Not Penny's Boat," "We have to go back!" Great, great stuff. Not just my favorite episode of Lost, but probably one of my favorite episodes of TV in general.
Old 05-23-10, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This scene always chokes me up. Especially when Vincent tries to swim out to them.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cl_Kh8RGQYQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cl_Kh8RGQYQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 05-23-10, 01:35 PM

I havent went back and re-watched in a while but I believe my fav episode is Season 4's finale.

I loved when Jack beat the shit out of Ben finally. I've never wanted to see someone punched out on TV. Hurley makes the save, running over the others in the van. Jack's we gotta go back.

I believe those are apart of the S4 finale. Some one correct me if wrong.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.