Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Are you ready for LOST to end?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Are you ready for LOST to end?
Yes, the show has run its course.
53.85%
No, I wish it could go on.
24.04%
It's gone on too long already.
16.35%
I hate/never watched the show.
10.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Are you ready for LOST to end?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-10, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Are you ready for LOST to end?

Yeah I'm ready. The series finale is a day away and I barely care. The show just isn't that good anymore.
Old 05-22-10, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This show is the only reason I still pay $70/month for cable, since I don't watch anything else on TV. So yeah, I'm fine with it ending. It's time.
Old 05-22-10, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So why not just watch it via free broadcast signals?
Old 05-22-10, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 120 Likes on 80 Posts

I've never seen an episode. By the time I thought it might be cool to check out, it had been on for a while and was afraid I'd never catch up on all the plots and twists. So, I expected to just Netflix it once it was over, but now I'm not sure I want to start it at all.
Old 05-22-10, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by tommyp007
I've never seen an episode. By the time I thought it might be cool to check out, it had been on for a while and was afraid I'd never catch up on all the plots and twists. So, I expected to just Netflix it once it was over, but now I'm not sure I want to start it at all.
its a much better watch without the weeks between episodes and months between seasons. One episode a day continuously through Netflix would be a great experience if you've never seen this show before.

i think part of the reason most people rate the first season so much is that they probably caught up with it on DVD before watching Season 2 onwards 'live'. That was definitely the case with me.
Old 05-22-10, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Phillips
So why not just watch it via free broadcast signals?
$70 a month for a show on ABC. Makes sense.
Old 05-22-10, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
If they hadn't decided to bring it to an end the way that they have (which may lead to a very unsatisfying conclusion and so far has left some major plot points unanswered or absurd in hind sight) and gone in a different direction with more thrills and less time travel, then I'd say, yes, I could have watched these characters go on for some time.

Even with "Loster" in development for fall 2011, I will be sad when the show ends even if the finale fails. I already miss Shannon, Libby, Charlotte, and Juliet among others.

What is "Loster"?
Old 05-22-10, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

I stopped caring a while ago. You can only jack around with an audience for so long.
Old 05-22-10, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
I stopped caring a while ago. You can only jack around with an audience for so long.
That's clever.
Old 05-23-10, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

No, but I am ready for some football.
Old 05-23-10, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts

With Lost and 24 both ending in the next 2 days, Serialized TV is never going to be the same ever again. Sure there is still a few good serialized shows, but none as Iconic in Pop culture as the cast of Lost and Jack Bauer.
Old 05-23-10, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Sopranos became less serialized and more soap opera as it progressed. Breaking Bad is excellent.

But Lost is amongst the best TV I've ever seen, 24 is the only series where I rated it more based on the season than the episode and sadly, there have been more bad seasons than good.
Old 05-23-10, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
With Lost and 24 both ending in the next 2 days, Serialized TV is never going to be the same ever again. Sure there is still a few good serialized shows, but none as Iconic in Pop culture as the cast of Lost and Jack Bauer.
I wonder if LOST would have lasted this long if it came out before internet access became so ubiquitous? This thing has been an online phenomenon.
Old 05-23-10, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
I wonder if LOST would have lasted this long if it came out before internet access became so ubiquitous? This thing has been an online phenomenon.
If Lost came out before the internet and message boards like this, I don't think it would be as big as it is now. Sure there were alot of great shows that people loved prior to the internet blooming in the late 90's, but there was really no way for fans to interact with one another.
Old 05-23-10, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Lemmy
And undeservedly so, as Sopranos and Breaking Bad are many, many miles ahead of both Lost and 24, IMNSHO.
Cable and premium shows.

Not the same.
Old 05-23-10, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's time. If I felt the resolution to the important questions that will be left open tonight would get any better, I'd stick around for another season. It's not going to, though. It's more and more clear that while there probably is one narrative thread we'll get a satisfying answer to, a bunch of the questions thrown at us were red herrings to be charitable to C&L or a couple of assclowns jerking us around for the sake of their egos to be less charitable. I think we could give them a million episodes and they wouldn't be able to explain the things I expected answers to.

In the end, I'm going to feel like a sucker for believing those two were capable of the sort of story other, better, writers have given us in the past. I just hope I feel some satisfaction to go along with it.
Old 05-23-10, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
If Lost came out before the internet and message boards like this, I don't think it would be as big as it is now. Sure there were alot of great shows that people loved prior to the internet blooming in the late 90's, but there was really no way for fans to interact with one another.
It was also harder to keep up with a serialized show then. If you wanted to watch it later, you had to record to tapes instead of a DVR, which was always more complicated. There was no streaming over the web or DVD/BD to help catch up. Many people would have just given up after missing an episode or two.
Old 05-23-10, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
It's time. If I felt the resolution to the important questions that will be left open tonight would get any better, I'd stick around for another season. It's not going to, though. It's more and more clear that while there probably is one narrative thread we'll get a satisfying answer to, a bunch of the questions thrown at us were red herrings to be charitable to C&L or a couple of assclowns jerking us around for the sake of their egos to be less charitable. I think we could give them a million episodes and they wouldn't be able to explain the things I expected answers to.

In the end, I'm going to feel like a sucker for believing those two were capable of the sort of story other, better, writers have given us in the past. I just hope I feel some satisfaction to go along with it.
Damn, bro. Get out of my head, brough.

The way Damon Lindelof comes off in interviews, tweets, and on their crappy podcast doesn't help his cause.
Old 05-23-10, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have actually never seen the show. I did preorder the complete series and if my mom doesn't think the finale sucks (she likes shit so it will have to be really shitty to make her) I will keep the order open. If not I am canceling it one minute after it goes off aire.