Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 5/13/10

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who's going home?
Rupert Boneham (Pearl Islands, All-Stars)
46.15%
Colby Donaldson (Australian Outback, All-Stars)
11.54%
Sandra Diaz (Pearl Islands)
7.69%
Russell Hantz (Samoa)
7.69%
Jerri Manthey (Australian Outback)
7.69%
Parvati Shallow (Cook Islands, Fans vs. Favorites)
19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 5/13/10

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-10, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 5/13/10

Originally Posted by wirefan
... Sandra and Parv both have to get Colby off,
I guess after that, the million dollar prize will only be an afterthought to an already "special" season for Colby.
Old 05-14-10, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Howie2000
and not being threatening to Parvati,Russell and Sandra that he has been able to slide far as he has.
Moping around camp 24/7 is a strategy now?
Old 05-14-10, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,638 Likes on 2,611 Posts

Colby was useless in this episode. He was constantly screaming at his brother during the reward and then he just sat in the corner moping during Tribal. This guy is so overrated. He seems to be in relatively good shape, but has exemplified zero athletic prowess in challenges.

I hate to say it, but it's looking like Parv may by the 1st 2-time Survivor winner. She's looking pretty solid right now to make the final 3 unless a major collapse happens or Russell can work his evil magic to get Jerri and Sandra to get her off.

Loved the dirty look that Rupert gave after being voted off. I assume it was directed at Russell. Even if Russell makes it to the final 3 once again, he has pretty no shot in hell of winning. Since this season was taped so close after finishing last season, I'm sure Russell will be extremely obnoxious in Final Tribal like he was last season (since he obviously didn't get a chance to learn from his mistakes last season) Plus, he's just not a likeable guy overall. But, he makes great TV and has been really entertaining for me as a viewer.

Last edited by DJariya; 05-14-10 at 02:43 AM.
Old 05-14-10, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
Colby is now in the same position as Brett was last season, and all Colby has to do is win immunity twice in a row, and he's in the final tribal council with 2 villains.
Heck, Colby's in the same position he was in in the Australian Outback. That season he won two immunity challanges in a row and hand-picked Tina to join him in the final two (where he lost the million dollars). This season may have another twist or two left in it. How else would you explain Colby being so dramatic about the water challenge with his brother? I think it was all a show for the other survivors to see he's not a threat.

Last edited by Double_Oh_7; 05-14-10 at 02:42 AM.
Old 05-14-10, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TwineTime
He's probably the most emotional player out there and would most definitely not vote for "gameplay" as a jury member.
I think he absolutely would. He'd vote for whoever he believed played the most like he does. If they're not voting based on who they like or don't like, they're voting to boost their own egos. It's why Amber won All-Stars, because Shii-Ann wanted to stick it to everyone who thought, like Colby did, that only certain styles of play should be rewarded.

And it sure was nice of Parvati to emphasize for the Russell-hating jury just how openly anti-Russell Sandra is.

Last edited by the big train; 05-14-10 at 03:40 AM.
Old 05-14-10, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TwineTime
He's probably the most emotional player out there and would most definitely not vote for "gameplay" as a jury member.

Man, you have absolutely no clue.
Old 05-14-10, 05:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

In a way, I'd almost love to see Colby come in and steal this one away, but it sure seems like he's got nothing left in the tank. And it was pitiful to see him scream at his bro like that. I was ready for his brother just to hold his bucket upside down as Colby tossed him the water. I think Colby would have snapped and would have needed to be restrained.

The only one I'd really be against winning is Sandra. I've never cared for her. Her mini-speech about "I wasn't going to play the idol..." after Jeff says it's the last opportunity to play it. She was just so proud to reveal that she had it. I think we all know at this point that having a HII in your possession is more about luck than anything.
Old 05-14-10, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Two winners, two runner-ups, and Jerri.

She seems so out of place playing with the rest of the group.
Old 05-14-10, 07:12 AM

I agree that this was the least exciting episode of the season, the editing really saved it, as it seems that Rupert was destined to be sent home. The finale will certainly be exciting.

(disclaimer: I am rooting for Russell) If Russell makes it to the final 3 in back-to-back seasons, I think he earns major props for one of the top 5 players ever. While he had an advantage of the other players not viewing his season, I think that he had a bigger disadvantage in not knowing the outcome of his season and being unable to adjust his gameplay accordingly. I'd love to see another all-stars in a few years that includes Russell and Richard Hatch. I'd add Johnny Fairplay to that list, but he really wussed out his second time around.

I dislike Sandra and Parvarti and hope that they do not win. I obviously want Russell to win, but don't think that he has a chance in hell at gathering the jury votes to do so. I'd be happy with Jerri also.

I can't say that I'd hate for Colby to win, but his performance was so disappointing this season that I can't help but see a Colby win as a disappointing ending to one of the most entertaining seasons ever. I'm also fairly sure that with a heros heavy jury, if Colby gets to the final 3 he wins.
Old 05-14-10, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by astrochimp
OMG go home Colby you whiny little bitch
My thoughts exactly. I hope he's next to get the boot.
Old 05-14-10, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by neilo13

I can't say that I'd hate for Colby to win, but his performance was so disappointing this season that I can't help but see a Colby win as a disappointing ending to one of the most entertaining seasons ever. I'm also fairly sure that with a heros heavy jury, if Colby gets to the final 3 he wins.
If Colby gets to the final 3, there would be 5 villains and 4 heroes on the jury.
Old 05-14-10, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

(disclaimer: I am rooting for Russell) If Russell makes it to the final 3 in back-to-back seasons, I think he earns major props for one of the top 5 players ever.
Amanda made the final 3/2 in back-to-back seasons. Is she one of the top 5 players ever too? Which one of the great winners do we have to push aside so we can crown non-winner Russell (I see no scenario in which he can win this year...his best chance walked with Danielle) one of the best? Plus, if and when Parvati or Sandra wins this season don't THEY have to be in the top five? They'll be two time winners.

At least Russell seems to be a lock for the Rupert award so all his fans can give him money on finale night.
Old 05-14-10, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I agree that this was the least exciting episode of the season, the editing really saved it, as it seems that Rupert was destined to be sent home. The finale will certainly be exciting.

(disclaimer: I am rooting for Russell) If Russell makes it to the final 3 in back-to-back seasons, I think he earns major props for one of the top 5 players ever. While he had an advantage of the other players not viewing his season, I think that he had a bigger disadvantage in not knowing the outcome of his season and being unable to adjust his gameplay accordingly. I'd love to see another all-stars in a few years that includes Russell and Richard Hatch. I'd add Johnny Fairplay to that list, but he really wussed out his second time around.

I dislike Sandra and Parvarti and hope that they do not win. I obviously want Russell to win, but don't think that he has a chance in hell at gathering the jury votes to do so. I'd be happy with Jerri also.

I'll say it....I will hate it if Colby wins!!! He has been a waste of space! Him not backing Amanda up on that Idol clue, his total lack of challenge skills, his actions towards his brother, and his total lack of gameplay makes him one of the worst to ever play this game. Much ado about nothing.
Old 05-14-10, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

If Colby wins, he will take over the title of "Worst Winner Ever"
Old 05-14-10, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Amanda made the final 3/2 in back-to-back seasons. Is she one of the top 5 players ever too? Which one of the great winners do we have to push aside so we can crown non-winner Russell (I see no scenario in which he can win this year...his best chance walked with Danielle) one of the best? Plus, if and when Parvati or Sandra wins this season don't THEY have to be in the top five? They'll be two time winners.

At least Russell seems to be a lock for the Rupert award so all his fans can give him money on finale night.
I think Russell is not only one the best to ever play but more importantly the most entertaining. The one problem is that Russell was already a self made man before the game. THe one drawback which makes it better for us is his ego. But his ego also tends to make him make rash choices in the game.
Old 05-14-10, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by mwbmis

I would say that Amanda is definitely one of the top 10 players for making it to the finals in back-to-back seasons, that's pretty impressive. In my opinion winning the season does not automatically make you the best player. I agree with you that getting rid of Danielle was not in Russells best interests.

I've never actually sat down to hash out a top 10 players list, maybe once this season is over we should start a thread to determine the dvdtalk top 10 suvivor players. Anyone interested in that?

lunatikk, looks like I should have done better math. In my head it seems like there are way more heros on the jury than there actually are. I will revise my Colby statement as now that you have corrected my math, I think his chances for winning are not great, but 2nd place is a defnite possibility for him.
Old 05-14-10, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In my opinion winning the season does not automatically make you the best player.

Any player who lost in the finals is not a better player their season ever then the person who defeated them since one player conquered the ultimate goal of the game to get jury votes and the other finalist(s) failed.

I would somewhat agree with that because lots of players have gotten taken out in tribe shuffles with little chance to save themselves as well as players who get taken out before the end for being jury threats.
Old 05-14-10, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

^ I think that is an important thing to remember when playing Survivor. For all the strategy, socializing, and athletics involved, there is still an element of luck. Luck is not something that makes one great or poor, but it can equalize a great and poor player.
Old 05-14-10, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Setzer

Man, you have absolutely no clue.

If Russell isn't the most emotional player this season then who is? Who else has done anything as emotional as whine because he was not picked for a reward challenge.
Old 05-14-10, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So.. I haven't watched Survivor since Australia...(when Colby WASN'T a whiny bitch)

There's 5 peeps left but only one episode left? So it's a double elimination next time?
Old 05-14-10, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by suziq999
So.. I haven't watched Survivor since Australia...(when Colby WASN'T a whiny bitch)

There's 5 peeps left but only one episode left? So it's a double elimination next time?
2 eliminations and a final 3 tribal council
Old 05-14-10, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

lunatikk, looks like I should have done better math. In my head it seems like there are way more heros on the jury than there actually are. I will revise my Colby statement as now that you have corrected my math, I think his chances for winning are not great, but 2nd place is a defnite possibility for him.
He would pretty much have Candice,Rupert,Jerri and JT's vote against anyone and Danielle has a giant crush on him would probably vote for him against anyone except Parvati.

If he makes the finals he is an almost unbeatable favorite against anyone.
Old 05-14-10, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

(disclaimer: I am rooting for Russell) If Russell makes it to the final 3 in back-to-back seasons, I think he earns major props for one of the top 5 players ever.
I don't think there's any doubt that Russell is one of the top 5 players ever--but his gameplay only works to get him to finals. He can work his way to the end like no one I've ever seen, but he hasn't figured out the social part of the game that would get him jury votes. I'm pretty convinced that even if he made the final three this time, there's no way he would win. Everyone hates him and the heroes certainly won't reward that.
Old 05-14-10, 10:41 AM

Anyone who thinks Russell isn't an emotional player obviously hasn't been watching the season. He plays like a petulant 5 year old with the ego of a god.

"Rob provided for the tribe and they think he's awesome. It's not fair! I need to find food for them NOW!"

"I like playing with Parvati but lately she's been playing with Danielle more! That makes me angry. I'm going to kill Danielle!"

"Jerri didn't invite me to her party. I'll pretend I'm angry because I just wanted to talk to a girl I like but I'm really just angry because I wasn't invited so I'll continue to whine about that even though the girl I mentioned earlier is STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO ME."

The best moment in last night's episode (aside from Sandra's idol reveal, which was hilarious and more importantly, well-received by the jury) was Sandra and Parvati openly mocking Russell from the shelter. His reaction was so sweet, considering it was the cherry on top of the delusional Sundae of hypocrisy that is his gameplay.

As for Colby, I doubt he's winning with that edit. I'm sure we would have seen his behind the scenes explanation for his challenge performances, the relationships he built with Danielle and Jerri, etc. I also think they would have left out a lot of the "giving up/quitting" stuff.
Old 05-14-10, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
If Colby gets to the final 3, there would be 5 villains and 4 heroes on the jury.
That is very interesting. I wonder if any of the villains recognized this and decided it was in their best interests to drag the weakest hero to the finals. Not really a bad strategy.

I'm starting to think Russell's best bet would be a Colby-Russell-Jerri final. Colby and Jerri might both get a vote or two and allow Russell (with a jury swayed that he was the "mastermind") to eek out a victory.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.