TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Chuck -- "Chuck Versus the Honeymooners" -- 04/26/10

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-10, 04:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Re: Chuck -- "Chuck Versus the Honeymooners" -- 04/26/10

This episode blew me away.

So fricking good. It's about damn time that Chuck and Sarah are finally together and happy. Story-wise it works too. TV writers need to take a lesson from Chuck on how to make a TV relationship work without the bullshit "Will they or Won't they" nonsense that lasts way too long on most shows. Sarah's Southern Accent was sexy as hell. Loved all the gratuitous underwear shots. Yvonne has the body, so why the hell not flaunt it?

The fight scenes were awesome. I thought they were all chereographed really well.

Lester: It's time for Jeffster to go Unplugged!

Uhhh, Lester that's Lime Juice.

I hope this isn't the last we see of Ellie and Awesome. I was actually sad to see them leave.
Old 04-27-10, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would be nice to keep Chuck and Sarah together for a while without major romance complications, but why do I find that doubtful?
Old 04-27-10, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
TV writers need to take a lesson from Chuck on how to make a TV relationship work without the bullshit "Will they or Won't they" nonsense that lasts way too long on most shows.
It's been nearly three full seasons of the 'Will they or Won't they nonsense'. Ross & Rachel, and Jim & Pam got together quicker than this.
Old 04-27-10, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by silentbob007
It would be nice to keep Chuck and Sarah together for a while without major romance complications, but why do I find that doubtful?
I agree. I haven't read any spoilers, but I'm betting there will be an are they or aren't they together season ending cliff hanger.
Old 04-27-10, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is it just me or do Chuck and Sarah have absolutely ZERO chemistry together? I don't buy them as a couple at all. He just doesn't have the range as an actor to do romantic scenes (or any scene beyond the light frivolous stuff he usually does); and it seems to me that she's just lying there going through the motions and wondering what the hell she's doing with this goober. I don't know -- these two just don't work for me.
Old 04-27-10, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flave
Is it just me or do Chuck and Sarah have absolutely ZERO chemistry together? I don't buy them as a couple at all. He just doesn't have the range as an actor to do romantic scenes (or any scene beyond the light frivolous stuff he usually does); and it seems to me that she's just lying there going through the motions and wondering what the hell she's doing with this goober. I don't know -- these two just don't work for me.
Eh, I thought they had good chemistry when they spent the last couple years flirting & wanting each other. Their stage kissing is really weak though, I'm not buying it too much either.
Old 04-27-10, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
It's been nearly three full seasons of the 'Will they or Won't they nonsense'. Ross & Rachel, and Jim & Pam got together quicker than this.
You know what your right. I guess in my mind I was comparing their romance to the Clark and Lana shit from Smallville that lasted more than 3 seasons before they finally got it right with Lois.

At least for me, Chuck knew what he wanted and eventually pursued it after brief flings with Summer Roberts and Lana Lang of course. LOL

Last edited by DJariya; 04-27-10 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-27-10, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk God

I think Zach and Yvonne have good chemistry. But, their kissing in this episode sucked. It really felt more staged than ever on this show.
Old 04-27-10, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Is it just me or do Chuck and Sarah have absolutely ZERO chemistry together? I don't buy them as a couple at all. He just doesn't have the range as an actor to do romantic scenes (or any scene beyond the light frivolous stuff he usually does); and it seem to me that she's just lying there going through the motions and wondering what the hell she's doing with this goober. I don't know -- these two just don't work for me.
I think Zack has decent range. In the last episode, he seemed like a badass towards the end.
But I agree, Chuck and Sarah dont seem a believable couple, IMHO its Yvonne's fault. I mentioned in another thread that Yvonne being forced to do an American accent may have something to do with this. She just comes across as cold and untrustworthy in her speech patterns. For most of the show, Zack has acted like a guy who has the hots for Sarah, but knows that he cant have her; and has accepted that fact.

I have actually wondered if Yvonne is a lesbian based on her total lack of interest onscreen in dudes.
Old 04-27-10, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Interesting. I think they have great chemistry but will admit the kissing scenes were lacking. She has more chemistry with Zach than any of her other co-stars though.
Old 04-27-10, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's been nearly three full seasons of the 'Will they or Won't they nonsense'.
Well, the first season was only half a season.

While you have a valid point, at least with "Chuck" there was a legitimate reason for them to be apart. The nature of their professional relationship calls for a certain distance.
Old 04-27-10, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Chuck me! My show is back.

This is more of what I expected after season 2 finished. I realized the growth of the characters was necessary so I suppose they couldn't start here right off the bat. Regardless, they handled the first half of this season in just such a darn dark way it was almost hurtful. Maybe that's why this felt extra happy, but I was smiling from the first second to the last!

Jeffster =
Nice Ellie and Devon bits
Chuck happy and doing well =
Sarah and Chuck fight scenes =
Sarah on train =
Sarah at end on bed =
Old 04-28-10, 03:03 AM

I quite liked the darkness of the first half.
Old 04-28-10, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, but you and Flave also don't think Zach and Sarah have any chemistry.
Old 04-28-10, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Superman07
Yeah, but you and Flave also don't think Zach and Sarah have any chemistry.
You are just pissed that Chuck killed Superman in the last episode, arent you ?
Old 04-28-10, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think chemistry is the issue. Part of it is the nerd with the fashion model. Much like Anthony Michael Hall and Kelly Lebrock, it's not supposed to make sense or the entire premise won't work. I question the direction on kissing scenes, which were way too long, without dialog or events to break them up.

Oh ... Awesome episode. Possibly the best of the series.
Old 04-28-10, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by wearetheborg
No, in fact is was great.
Old 04-28-10, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wearetheborg
He's not MY Superman, thank you very much!
Old 04-28-10, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979

If there's a better looking woman on television, I haven't seen her.
I just don't understand all of the love for Sarah's looks! My husband is a big fan of her in the underwear shots, but I constantly think she looks "off." She's by no means ugly, and sometimes she does look quite nice. Her teeth distract me, and when she was lying on the bed all that I saw were big feet and lanky legs. She's thin, but otherwise has no real shape?

Ellie is about a hundred times more beautiful, imo and they're on the very same show. I just don't get it!
Old 04-28-10, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

"big feet and lanky legs...thin and no real shape..."
Old 04-28-10, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

My DVR cut it short...can anyone tell me what the general said at the end?
Old 04-28-10, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Sarah confessed that she and Chuck were dating. The General said she didn't condone it, but off the record said it was about damn it.
Old 04-28-10, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Renee
I just don't understand all of the love for Sarah's looks! My husband is a big fan of her in the underwear shots, but I constantly think she looks "off." She's by no means ugly, and sometimes she does look quite nice. Her teeth distract me, and when she was lying on the bed all that I saw were big feet and lanky legs. She's thin, but otherwise has no real shape?

Ellie is about a hundred times more beautiful, imo and they're on the very same show. I just don't get it!
By no real shape, you mean curves ?

Her allure is in her face & eyes. Her face and demeanour drips sexiness. Tall, confident, great face. That makes her entire body sexy. Her teeth might be a bit off at first glance, but they kinda become adorable after a while. Plus, we guys are not as hung up on minor defects in looks as you women

Ellie is beautiful but not so hot. Ellie is the kind of girl guys would take home to meet their mother. Sarah is the kind of girl that guys would like to tied up by, and get bad bad things done to them from.
Old 04-28-10, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
Sarah confessed that she and Chuck were dating. The General said she didn't condone it, but off the record said it was about damn it.
I believe the word you meant to use there was "time".
Old 04-28-10, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Interesting. I think they have great chemistry but will admit the kissing scenes were lacking. She has more chemistry with Zach than any of her other co-stars though.
So, they are finally together and I think that's great, but now we have all the people saying they have no chemistry? Huh? I think they have great chemistry.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.