Search this Thread

Old 04-13-10, 05:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
"V" -- "John May" -- 04/13/10

V 1

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Erica, Ryan and Jack seek out the legendary John May (Michael Trucco) to rescue Georgie; Tyler probes his mysterious past during a confrontation with his mother; Chad visits the mother ship to report on Anna's Live Aboard program.

So, the main complaint the last 2 weeks has been the special effects?
Old 04-13-10, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: "V" -- "John May" -- 04/13/10

/\ I don't mind the special effects too much, outside of the fact that much (if not all?) of the V ship is shot on a green screen. I'm digging the story so far, and Anna has been a great villian.
Old 04-13-10, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

I really haven't noticed the special effects. It's just been boring for the most part.
Old 04-13-10, 10:32 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

although it's being recorded, I havent watched any of the past episodes since the break... doubt I will.
Old 04-13-10, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm watching this and Flash Forward but I'm not sure if I care enough about them. Deep inside me I'm wishing they cancel both of them.

I mean, I'm already watching Heroes. I don't want to be the guy hating watching three shows at a time.
Old 04-13-10, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
I mean, I'm already watching Heroes. I don't want to be the guy hating watching three shows at a time.
Uhhh, Heroes ended months ago and is pretty much cancelled.
Old 04-13-10, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's what I hope, but it hasn't been confirmed yet, right?
Old 04-13-10, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I want to like this show just based on all of the people from my other favorite sci-fi shows are in it.
Old 04-13-10, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

WTF?!? That ending with Anna was dumb beyond all belief.

Okay, this ep. had moments where it seemed like it had a good story trying to get out. Unfortunately, it went entirely the CW route, complete with family melodrama, and then the ultimate insult, a musical montage. I will continue to DVR this show, but I will no longer watch live. This show started with potential, it pisses it away on a weekly basis.
Old 04-13-10, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts

Shit, what time did it come on in LA? I totally missed this.
Old 04-13-10, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It's on at 10 pst so there's still time to catch it Giantrobo.
Old 04-14-10, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Oh cool this episode was directed by Jonathan Frakes
Old 04-14-10, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John May was a Cylon.
Old 04-14-10, 01:31 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

More Laura Vandervoot please
Old 04-14-10, 04:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I thought this was a good episode until the terrible crying at the end, they need to do away with that story or change the dynamic because it is really hampering the show.
Old 04-14-10, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by MrX
More Laura Vandervoot please
+100

but yea, i thought this was a real solid episode. actually felt more like a lead-in to a finale w/ val and tyler finding out the truth and finding out who John Mays is. I was surprised to see them kill george too.
Old 04-14-10, 07:53 AM

This show was very typical. Good actual back story, some decent scenes, but some terrible acting by a few and awful special effects.

That kid is just a terrible actor, so is Anna's aid or second in command.
Old 04-14-10, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Luds
This show was very typical. Good actual back story, some decent scenes, but some terrible acting by a few and awful special effects.

That kid is just a terrible actor, so is Anna's aid or second in command.

The kid is terrible, and the scene he shared with Erica was cringe inducing as neither seemed to be able to pull it off. That was just all around bad soap opera stuff.
Old 04-14-10, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I'm just not feeling this show anymore. I just don't know where it can go to be compelling. There's nothing to it.

Even despite that asshole Krycek showing up...
Old 04-14-10, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Isn't the point of a safe to be secure? How secure is it if the local locksmith as the reset code? If it's that easy then that's the business that I need to get into.
Old 04-14-10, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This show reminds me of the first season of Sarah Connors. Great idea with weak execution. Certain characters and actors have grown on me, but the story is a snooze. More lizards plz. Ohhh and more Vandervoort.

Whereas Flash Forward reminds me of Jericho. I just want everyone to die.

Both series have a dim future.
Old 04-14-10, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really sad to see Georgie go. He was definitely one of the best characters on the show. I like that in his own way he got revenge on the Vs by giving the names of his family. By not caving, he showed them that humans aren't as weak as they think. I wonder if we'll ever find out why the Vs killed his family though?

Joshua is another favourite. He plays his part perfectly. Really hope he isn't found out, and if he is, he goes out swinging. Morena Baccarin is still doing a great job at being the villain; she's eerily charismatic, brutal, and ruthless.

I think Chad's playing Anna. He knows how she views him, as a selfish individual that is only out for himself, and he is playing the part until he has enough information yo go public. I think he'll definitely end up being one of the good guys and not just a V pawn.

The John May stuff was great. Ryan being the one that killed John May was a twist I didn't see coming, but John May living on through him is a really great angle. I like that John May is dead and a living legend rather than a V in hiding. Works better as a symbol of the resistance than some guy who has all the answers to defeating the Vs.

The whole reset code on the safe was a little unbelievable; why wouldn't Ryan have had something more secure? Still, I like that his fiance found out and really doesn't know what is going on. Will be interesting to see what happens with that story, how he tracks her down, if she stays with him. etc.

I can definitely do without the teenage drama. I hope that Hobbes kills her son because he's a liability, lol.

I do like that they are moving the story forward at a breakneck speed though. I welcome the birth of Anna's army and some actual on-the-ground fighting. The scene with Erica and Hobbes figuring out James' girlfriend was a V and killing her was awesome. We definitely need some more of that. Speaking of James May, what happened to him? Seems they wouldn't want to leave him alone, what with a sleeper agent having been with him all this time.
Old 04-14-10, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kstublen
Joshua is another favourite. He plays his part perfectly. Really hope he isn't found out, and if he is, he goes out swinging. Morena Baccarin is still doing a great job at being the villain; she's eerily charismatic, brutal, and ruthless.

I think Chad's playing Anna. He knows how she views him, as a selfish individual that is only out for himself, and he is playing the part until he has enough information yo go public. I think he'll definitely end up being one of the good guys and not just a V pawn.

The John May stuff was great. Ryan being the one that killed John May was a twist I didn't see coming, but John May living on through him is a really great angle. I like that John May is dead and a living legend rather than a V in hiding. Works better as a symbol of the resistance than some guy who has all the answers to defeating the Vs.

I can definitely do without the teenage drama. I hope that Hobbes kills her son because he's a liability, lol.

I do like that they are moving the story forward at a breakneck speed though. I welcome the birth of Anna's army and some actual on-the-ground fighting. The scene with Erica and Hobbes figuring out James' girlfriend was a V and killing her was awesome. We definitely need some more of that. Speaking of James May, what happened to him? Seems they wouldn't want to leave him alone, what with a sleeper agent having been with him all this time.
I agree that Morenna does a good job with the character, but the past two eps. seem to be moving her away from a cold-calculating villain and more towards a comic book super-villain. I keep expecting her to break out in an evil laugh.
The John May story could work, if they stick to it and don't get bogged down with melodrama and attempts to be freaky-type visuals. It would be cool to have a story of them driving Anna crazy trying to find out May's location, and then when she is at her wit's end Ryan delivers the news that May has been dead for a while. I am still holding out hope that Tyler's real father will wind up being played by Marc Singer.

From the comments here, it seems the series best bet at survival is to just have Laura Vandermoot (sp?) end each ep. with a striptease.
Old 04-14-10, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
From the comments here, it seems the series best bet at survival is to just have Laura Vandermoot (sp?) end each ep. with a striptease.
Vandervoort.

..and if they did that, not only would I continue to watch, but I'd actually pay attention.
Old 04-14-10, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
From the comments here, it seems the series best bet at survival is to just have Laura Vandermoot (sp?)begin and end each ep. with a striptease.
^fixed

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.