TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "The Package" -- 03/30/10

Old 03-30-10, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Lost -- "The Package" -- 03/30/10

I thought tonight's episode was great. Also:

Originally Posted by The Bus
It's pretty obvious that the MiB is the "good" guy or at least the "lighter gray" guy.
It is? Really? "Obvious"? Please explain. Also:

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
It's now VERY obvious that Locke needs to kill all six remaining candidates to be free. However, he has to have someone else do it just like he did with Jacob.
It is? Really? "VERY obvious?" Please explain.
Old 03-30-10, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by scorpion
Boring episode, IMO.
This season has been a real disappointment, with the exception of a few episodes. Maybe it'll start rolling now.....hopefully.
i agree last weeks episode was great, but the rest of the season has been pretty blah
Old 03-30-10, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Any thoughts on Sun's loss of the ability to speak English? Given the time and attention that was devoted to it in this episode, I assume it has some significance other than as a time-filler.
Old 03-30-10, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Another entertaining episode, though it didn't reveal too much or go much of anywhere.

I hope the speculation is right and this really kicks up starting next week. They've only got a few episodes left--hopefully not enough time to have any more slow downs.
Old 03-30-10, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Any thoughts on Sun's loss of the ability to speak English? Given the time and attention that was devoted to it in this episode, I assume it has some significance other than as a time-filler.
I think its a bleed over from our flash sideways universe
Old 03-30-10, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I just wanted to remind everyone that V starts tonight. Can't wait!
Old 03-30-10, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Good question--it seemed to come out of nowhere, but I wonder if it's a suggestion of the two time lines converging? Because in the alt time line she can't speak English...
Old 03-30-10, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 597 Likes on 431 Posts

She hasn't spoken english over there but it's not confirmed that she can't.
Old 03-30-10, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by RoyalTea
desmond is the cork
Why is the cork on the fork?
Old 03-30-10, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Why is the cork on the fork?
To keep the MiB from hurting themselves... and others.
Old 03-30-10, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am still leaning towards MIB being the "God" figure of the island. Jacob was Satan (figuratively...I don't think they are the literal God and Satan and I don't think the island is a literal Hell) claiming the souls of people in the world and bringing them to the island for his own personal amusement. MIB and Jacob battled over the souls of the people brought to the island.

People will say, "But MIB kills people." I hate to burst your bubble, but God also killed people. Read up on the Old Testament. You never really hear about Satan killing anybody in the Bible...just tormenting them and claiming their souls when they die.

And as far as Sun not being able to speak English...I am still leaning towards my previous theory and I am guessing she doesn't regain her ability to speak it and that's why she appears to not know English in the reset time line.

And on that note...is it just me or did Sun stop to notice something different about herself in the mirror before Keemy and the gang came busting in? Much in the same way Jack noticed scars from the island. So perhaps Jack isn't the only one able to perceive the reset. Which makes me wonder if we are going to get some kind of "Watchmen" like ending where there's a hint that it's just all going to start over again some way, some how.

Still not sure how Desmond is going to play in all of this with his role of the constant and being the one who was pushing the button. Unless he's the key for our heroes having a future in that reset timeline minus the MIB.

I am not trusting Widmore at all here...but I do think that things are going to work out for the good of our intrepid heroes in the end.

Last edited by calhoun07; 03-30-10 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-30-10, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sun learned English because she was going to run away. I think it is only reasonable that since she set up a bank account and everything, she took the same reasonable step before plotting to run away with Jin.

I think the loss of ability to speak English is just there to complicate matters for something that will happen in the future. What that is, I don't know.

As to who is good and bad, I think the main thing people are sure of is that it's not as simple as they have made it out to be. They've really hit us over the head with a lot of evidence that seems designed to be suggestive that Jacob is the good guy. I think it's only human nature for us to think it's not going to turn out that way somehow. Personally, I still lean toward the idea that Sawyer and not Jack will be the key to salvation for humanity (or whatever is getting saved).
Old 03-30-10, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Every time anybody tells Flocke "but you just killed all those people" or something along those lines, he always seems to make a pained face or frustrated expression as if he wants to say something but can't. If you have it on DVR, do me a favor and check out right after Sun says "but you killed all those people at the temple" and see if there's something to his expression that makes it seem like he's holding something back. This is like the fourth time I've noticed it and keep forgetting to check it out again before I delete the episode.

I certainly think it's possible that there's more to 'dying' and 'killing' on the island, especially when Flocke is involved.
Old 03-30-10, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

How is anyone ripping this episode? Sun. In a bra. There hasn't been a better episode since the one with Kate in her underwear.

Sorry, i had to set people straight.
Old 03-30-10, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Enjoying reading the opinions and a lot helps me think of things I hadn't or flushes things out more, but I'm just enjoying the ride. I think it's been very solid so far and I'm hoping the track record of finales of shows that I love sucking turns around this time.

This will be the biggest loss of a "long" running show since Buffy. I will miss these characters and the island a lot.
Old 03-30-10, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

So what was significance of so many of the characters wearing purple this week?

I thought I was going to be let down this week and really how couldn't I but I really enjoyed this one. So happy to see Desmond back. Next week EVERYTHING. CHANGES.
Old 03-30-10, 11:59 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm waiting for somebody to argue that Desmond wasn't the "Package" because they didn't explicitly state it as such.
Old 03-31-10, 12:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Groucho
I'm waiting for somebody to argue that Desmond wasn't the "Package" because they didn't explicitly state it as such.
A lot of people here want everything

Old 03-31-10, 12:17 AM
ATX

º Hasn't Widmore been saying Desmond is a useless POS all these years, all of a sudden he is the man?

º maybe Sun was seeing a big knot on her head in the mirror

º Sawyer made me laugh out loud... he said something to Locke like "Can't you just turn into smoke and fly your ass over to the other island" shit cracked me up the way he said it
Old 03-31-10, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I really have nothing to say. This episode was kind of blah for me. I can see the pieces being set up for something awesome, and I'm usually not the first to say this, but.....FILLER.

I mean, the only answers we really got were:

- Flocke can't fly over to the other island.
- Flocke CAN go to the other island.
- Desmond is the package.

Problem for me is that these are all questions that were created this season, so their answers are not that 'astounding'.
Old 03-31-10, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DGibFen
Spoiler:
Don't know. I find Desmond one of the most interesting characters on the show, and I'd hate to see him be written out before the end.
Spoiler:
He is the best character as far as I'm concerned. The Constant was also the best episode of the series by far. I hope he doesn't get written out either!
Old 03-31-10, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

I swear I could NOT tell that was Desmond - I had to come here to find out.
What's the significance of the package being Desmond anyways?
They present it as some sort of big deal, without ever setting up why.
What a poorly made/shot ending.

Last edited by slop101; 03-31-10 at 12:48 AM.
Old 03-31-10, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Desmond turns into white smoke and all is well on the island.
Old 03-31-10, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I hope this war ends in a dance off.
Old 03-31-10, 01:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Sun learned English because she was going to run away. I think it is only reasonable that since she set up a bank account and everything, she took the same reasonable step before plotting to run away with Jin.

I think the loss of ability to speak English is just there to complicate matters for something that will happen in the future. What that is, I don't know.
I thought that too at first but Sun didn't seem to understand English at the bank or hotel. Also, she had no reason to hide the fact that she knew English from Jin like in the original timeline where she planned to go to the US without him. In the alternate one, she wanted him to be with her in America so hiding it would do them no good.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.