TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "The Package" -- 03/30/10

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-10, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Lost -- "The Package" -- 03/30/10

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I did in the second post and is why I still think Jacob is playing everyone. The MiB specifically said in Ab Aeterno that Jacob stole his body. That's not some random bit that gets tossed aside. That has to mean something in the big picture.

I forgot when in the timeline that exchange took place though, or if it was even clear. It's possible that Widmore et. al were aware of the MiB being the evil entity on the island, but if bodies were switched at some point that would mean Widmore, Ben, Richard, etc. are following the wrong guy right now.
What? I mentioned it last week in post 311...
Old 04-02-10, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark Pellegrino is the same actor that played the thug that tried to drown Lebowski in the toilet. So someone decided to get creative (Audio NSFW):

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jg5OxQlj5zY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jg5OxQlj5zY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 04-02-10, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So when did they switch bodies? And if they did, why didn't "MiB in Jacob" go all nuts on the world when he got off the island to touch the candidates (which, according to the show, was as soon as a day before the Ajira flight?)

It could be that Jacob "stole" his body and did something to it so that whatever remains of MiB is trapped on the island (hence why he only appears as smoke), and the loophole involves him inhabiting the remaining "candidate", but the other candidates have to be killed in some way that doesn't involve his direct contact.

And reading this page helped me clarify some things on the show (I know others have connected the Egyptian myths to the show): http://western-philosophy.suite101.c...isis-and-horus

Last edited by DGibFen; 04-02-10 at 11:57 PM.
Old 04-02-10, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
I find it incredibly disturbing that so many people think the MIB is the "God" figure and that Jacob is the "devil" figure. I thought it was all clearly explained in the previous episode where it was said that the MIB thinks he knows what is good for everyone and tries to force everyone to join his side through forceful promises and deals and lies, while Jacob wants people to join his side based on their own free will. That's basically Satan vs God right there in a nutshell. (for those that need help: God is for free will).
It think it factors in, but I don't think it's going to be that cut and dry when it plays out in the series.
Old 04-06-10, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone else who watches Fringe catch the Casimir Effect callout? This ties to the Orchid station video with the time traveling rabbits.
Old 04-06-10, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix
What? I mentioned it last week in post 311...
Cool. Great minds think alike. I watched the episode a few days late and didn't partake in the discussion, hence my post early in this thread.