Search this Thread

Old 02-26-10, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Smallville -- "Conspiracy" -- 02/26/10

Smallville

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
A once-dead doctor (JR Bourne) used by the Kandorians for experiments escapes with hostages to prove that aliens exist on Earth. Lois ends up kidnapped by the doctor when she refuses to write about his mission. Meanwhile, Zod discovers the doctor's lab, where he is shot just as Clark arrives.

Written by Al Septian and Turi Meyer

Directed by Turi Meyer

Looks like the show is taking another break until April after tonight's episode.

I liked last week's episode alot even though the 1st half was a little goofy. The new arc it's setting up sounds awesome.
Old 02-26-10, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Re: Smallville -- "Conspiracy" -- 02/26/10

Really not liking how CW is scheduling any of there shows this year. It's like they don't want you to follow them.
Old 02-26-10, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

What else can they do? They have to pad out their schedule for these shows until May somehow.
Old 02-26-10, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 912 Likes on 647 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber
Really not liking how CW is scheduling any of there shows this year. It's like they don't want you to follow them.
Smallville has always been one of the worst offenders.
Old 02-26-10, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"It's an alien!" is now my favorite line delivery from this show. Wow.
Old 02-26-10, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

Meh episode. I assumed Clark would rush Zod to the Fortress rather than assume a drop of his blood would magically save Zod.

Oh and why is it that any jackass who's never flown before can do it flawlessly in one try and Clark can't figure it out?

And why does Chloe need that arsenal when Lana can kill every last Kryptonian without breaking a sweat? I'd have her on speed dial and not bother stealing from Ollie.

So it seems Metallo is back during the next ep. But did they recast the role? It didn't look like Brian Austin Green in the preview.
Old 02-26-10, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Um, so Clark has seen the future? He knows exactly what Zod is all about? Yet he not only chooses to save him he gives him the powers that he's been trying to get this whole time? Can Chloe and Oliver just kill Clark now before he does something else mind numbingly stupid?
Old 02-26-10, 11:01 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts

This episode atleast gave some insight on why Chloe was walking around with Kryptonite last week.

Though everyone excited about Clark looking like he was finally going to do what needed to be done when he brought down the tower last week had to be disappointed in the return of Dumbass Clark that returned tonight and saved Zod
Old 02-26-10, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Oh and why is it that any jackass who's never flown before can do it flawlessly in one try and Clark can't figure it out?
It is getting old, really, eight plus years and still no flying, the no flying rule became pointless about five seasons ago, it makes him look ridiculous.

And why does Chloe need that arsenal when Lana can kill every last Kryptonian without breaking a sweat? I'd have her on speed dial and not bother stealing from Ollie.
I wondered about that when I saw the future, uh, Lana is poison to every single one of them and she would not show up to save the planet? Really now? Can the people that write the show remember what they did in the past.
Old 02-26-10, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,096 Likes on 793 Posts

Watching this episode, it occurred to me that Clark Kent consistently makes the stupidest decisions of any primetime character since Josh Lymon on The West Wing.
Old 02-27-10, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
Watching this episode, it occurred to me that Clark Kent consistently makes the stupidest decisions of any primetime character since Josh Lymon on The West Wing.
Oh Clark. What have you done you Kryptonian doofus?
Old 02-27-10, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Based on his entire history, YES!!!

He finally did something right at the end of the last episode though, I was REALLY amazed at that, wow, he did something that made sense, amazing, I agree with just about everyone else more then Clark, sometimes he gets it right.
Old 02-27-10, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Did I miss the part when Chloe-Oliver switched from innuendo to booty calls?
Old 02-27-10, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Did I miss the part when Chloe-Oliver switched from innuendo to booty calls?
No, I think it was implied by their conversation.

How is it that Clark is so easily persuaded? At least these days I feel like it takes 3-4 tries before you can sway him, so he's getting better. I guess "proof" is an additional piece to sway his opinion. Plus, he does believe in second chances so I do get wanting to trust Zod, he's just so inclined not to.

I'm glad Lois is showing more of her reporter instinct and is determine to figure out the missing pieces to a puzzle when something doesn't fit.

I assume Zod will be using his new powers to figure out how to give the other Kandorian's their powers as well. Guess that means we're still building towards a future similar to what Clark witnessed before. In this one there will be at least more equal footing since Clark will still have his powers too.

So next episode is a month away?
Old 02-27-10, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Clark knows this version of Zod goes evil
he's already dealt with a previous evil version of Zod who he knows was put in the phantom zone, something that wasn't done to just any criminal

and yet he easily trusts this Zod when he claims to trust Clark
Old 02-27-10, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They should stick to what works...showing OTHER comic characters. Tom Welling is the lamest Superman now and they had to find a Zod that was even more lame to make him seem not quite so much a snooze but even that failed. Callum might be wrong for the part but he he's more interesting than the star of the show in spite of the bad writing. I find Chloe to be the most interesting character on the show now. Never would have seen that sentence coming 8 years ago.
Old 02-27-10, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have watched this episode twice now. They are setting things up nicely IMHO. There are so many places they can go now. "Conspiracy" INDEED!

Taking another long break? Normal, but BOO!
Old 02-27-10, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Nicely is not how I'd put it. This is just too forced and Clark is schyzo. First he hates Jor-El and insists the reason Fortress Jor-El never told him about his Kandorian clone is because Clark would see firsthand what an evil bastard he is. Then Jor-El is killed and Clark suddenly loves him oh so much and will do anything to carry out the dying wish of a man he always viewed as evil incarnate. And he's now repeating this bizarre decision making paradigm with Zod.
Old 02-27-10, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
So it seems Metallo is back during the next ep. But did they recast the role? It didn't look like Brian Austin Green in the preview.
It's definitely him, no recast. It was a quick shot, so I slowed it down.
Old 02-28-10, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Thanks, MrSmearkase. I'm glad they got him back. Hopefully they don't screw up his guest appearance like before. I really don't get why they rushed the character instead of giving him at least a quarter of a season to develop into a villain.
Old 02-28-10, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

Until Lois got the chess piece, I comepletely forgot about that other organization lurking out there.
Old 02-28-10, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Until Lois got the chess piece, I comepletely forgot about that other organization lurking out there.
I was confused by that actually. Did we miss something? She was on the phone about a blood sample in the elevator with the slide in the box. Then she put the box in her desk as her and Clark were having a conversation. Then Clark goes off to see Zod as she gets her text message saying thank you. She then proceeds to open the box and finds the chess pieces in place of the slide.

Did it magically disappear? Is there a secret device in the desk drawer? Is the box a transporter? Or did she really meet somebody before the scene with Clark at their desks??
Old 02-28-10, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,096 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman07
I was confused by that actually. Did we miss something? She was on the phone about a blood sample in the elevator with the slide in the box. Then she put the box in her desk as her and Clark were having a conversation. Then Clark goes off to see Zod as she gets her text message saying thank you. She then proceeds to open the box and finds the chess pieces in place of the slide.

Did it magically disappear? Is there a secret device in the desk drawer? Is the box a transporter? Or did she really meet somebody before the scene with Clark at their desks??
I am confused by all that + I don't remember what lurking organization is out there that the chess piece symbolizes.
Old 02-28-10, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

I don't remember what lurking organization is out there that the chess piece symbolizes.
the one with pam grier
Old 02-28-10, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am confused by all that + I don't remember what lurking organization is out there that the chess piece symbolizes.
It was established in the "Absolute Justice" two-hour movie. "The Wall" who was leaving messages for Lois is Amanda Waller, an agent of the secret government organization known as Checkmate. They're busy recruiting super-powered characters, principally villains in the group they refer to as the Suicide Squad, to help protect humanity against an oncoming apocalypse. She contacted Lois in "Absolute Justice" and has apparently been monitoring her ever since.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.