TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost: The Final Season -- "The Substitute" -- 02/16/10

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-10, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Lost: The Final Season -- "The Substitute" -- 02/16/10

Originally Posted by hardercore
Did everyone successfully avoid Katey Segal's name in the opening credits? I'm batting 1000 on the being surprised.
I don't think it mattered much since she was in the opening scene and the credits didn't roll until after the first commercial break.
Old 02-16-10, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Did everyone successfully avoid Katey Segal's name in the opening credits? I'm batting 1000 on the being surprised.
Are you joking? She appeared in the episode before her name did.
Old 02-16-10, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
I just want to know how much Henry Ian Cusick has been paid over the last two seasons. He's a regular but has barely been on the show since S4!
I wondered that too. The producers said his character plays a big role in the final season in the Feb. 5 issue of Entertainment Weekly. I hope so. I like his character.
Old 02-17-10, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not sure if it means anything but did not see anyone mention it, but what Sawyer said to the MiB at the end when asked if he was ready to get off the island. "HELL yeah". Could be a play on words, just throwing it out there. He could have said it many ways but said the word Hell. ?

Loved the pilot's comment after burying Locke, hilarious.
Old 02-17-10, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2.) Locke's dad left him as an orphan at a young age, and Sawyer even mentions that "his parents were killed before the bomb went off". How does ther bomb exploding change events as far back the the 50s so that Locke's dad isn't such a terrible human being? I wouldnt be surprised if we learn that Sawyer's parents were not killed now.
You're probably right. Hurley told Sawyer about his lottery win, and it seems that they made a point of Sawyer moving on instead of conning him - he's probably not a con man in the non-crash timeline.

Also, here's a gallery of the names on the wall, they're pretty hard to read:

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/2...andidates.html
Old 02-17-10, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I don't want answers. I want more questions.

I hope the last episode has FLocke yelling at Jack, "Answers? You want answers?" and then leads him down an underground tunnel while a Beatles song is playing on an antique jukebox. Then a big door opens up to a huge courtroom, and everyone who's ever been on the show is there. They all put on masks, then put Jack on trial.

There's no conclusion to the trial, an alarm goes off, Smokie fizzles down a drain, and everyone scrambles out of the courtroom while a rocket takes off from the island.

Jack will then run into a control room being run a man in a monkey mask, he pulls off the monkey mask and he sees that he's the man behind the mask.

Then he'll get in the back of truck that drives him to LA X, and the series ends.
Been enjoying The Prisoner, eh?
Old 02-17-10, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I can't believe all this talk of the new episode and nobody even brings up probably the biggest new mystery the show has seen in years that appeared tonight.

How the fuck did Hurley get out of his Hummer with that parking job?! Seriously.
Old 02-17-10, 01:12 AM

Everyone is under the assumption that Jacob wrote those names on the wall, but it easily could have been MiB and could have been written any time. If the MiB is supposed to be evil then it would make sense that he lies a lot. I say don't believe anything he says until it is confirmed by something else.
Old 02-17-10, 01:23 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

What about Walt?
Old 02-17-10, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When it was going through Smokey's POV, was any one else expected it to encounter Bruce Campbell?
Old 02-17-10, 03:00 AM
Banned

I loved how when Smokey hears the music, the line, "I'm a runaway son of the nuclear A-bomb," is playing.

Smokey, born from the hydrogen bomb clue....?
Old 02-17-10, 04:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

It was a good character-driven episode. I liked seeing Alternate Locke relatively happy for a change and I was glad to see that his relationship with Helen worked out in the alternate universe.

Can someone refresh my memory, how did Locke and Helen break up in the crash universe?
Old 02-17-10, 04:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
Can someone refresh my memory, how did Locke and Helen break up in the crash universe?
In 2.17 Lockdown, flashbacks showed Anthony Cooper faking his death to ask Locke for one last favour, the retrival of his "retirement con" money from a bank for a commission. John lies to Helen when he learns his father is alive and does the favour for daddy's love and the money to begin his life with Helen (he plans to propose). Helen runs into them both at the motel and having learned of Locke's betrayal believing he ultimately chose his deadbeat father over her, Helen leaves him. Cooper leaves the commission but fucks off, and Locke gets down on one knee as a last ditch attempt to get Helen to stay, but she refuses his proposal. Locke finishes yet another episode as a chump.

Last edited by hardercore; 02-17-10 at 04:32 AM.
Old 02-17-10, 04:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
I wondered that too. The producers said his character plays a big role in the final season in the Feb. 5 issue of Entertainment Weekly. I hope so. I like his character.
Spoiler:
He has his own episode in the latter half of the season, from what I've read, called "Happily Ever After". This being LOST, of course, that probably means he won't be happy ever after in the slightest.
Old 02-17-10, 04:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

In 2.17 Lockdown, flashbacks showed Anthony Cooper faking his death to ask Locke for one last favour, the retrival of his "retirement con" money from a bank for a commission. John lies to Helen when he learns his father is alive and does the favour for daddy's love and the money to begin his life with Helen (he plans to propose). Helen runs into them both at the motel and having learned of Locke's betrayal believing he ultimately chose his deadbeat father over her, Helen leaves him. Cooper leaves the commission but fucks off, and Locke gets down on one knee as a last ditch attempt to get Helen to stay, but she refuses his proposal. Locke finishes yet another episode as a chump.

Thanks. I do remember that now. I can't believe that episode was over 4 years ago.
Old 02-17-10, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD NDN
W-E-L-L T-H-E- B-O-Y D-I-D- S-A-Y, "You can't change the rules. You can't kill him." But then again, maybe he always refers to himself in the third person when talking about a past incarnation of himself, or is it a future incarnation of himself? I don't know, my brain no work no more
He said you know the rules. He didn't say he couldn't changed them. I took it as if MIB broke the rules there would be hell to pay.
Old 02-17-10, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by superfro
I can't believe all this talk of the new episode and nobody even brings up probably the biggest new mystery the show has seen in years that appeared tonight.

How the fuck did Hurley get out of his Hummer with that parking job?! Seriously.
Probably got in on the passenger side and slid over.
Old 02-17-10, 07:29 AM

The episode brought two really huge questions to the front IMO, both of which bring into question the true impact of the bomb.

1.) How is Be alive in the alt. universe if he was on the island?
2.) Locke's dad left him as an orphan at a young age, and Sawyer even mentions that "his parents were killed before the bomb went off". How does ther bomb exploding change events as far back the the 50s so that Locke's dad isn't such a terrible human being? I wouldnt be surprised if we learn that Sawyer's parents were not killed now.
In the Feb. 12 edition of TV Guide the writers stated that Sawyer was pretty much the same guy as before, except that this time he works on the other side of the law than he did in other timeline. I think this means that he is no longer a con-man (maybe he works as law enforcement or with law enforcement, though why he would let Kate go when he saw the handcuffs I don't know.). Maybe his parents surviving would be the reason this occurs.
Old 02-17-10, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Was that some sort of super extended remix of Search and Destroy? Unless Sawyer was starting it over.
Old 02-17-10, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Probably got in on the passenger side and slid over.
If we didn't see it, it's not canon.
Old 02-17-10, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RKillgore
When it was going through Smokey's POV, was any one else expected it to encounter Bruce Campbell?

Originally Posted by DJariya
It was a good character-driven episode. I liked seeing Alternate Locke relatively happy for a change and I was glad to see that his relationship with Helen worked out in the alternate universe.

I agree, a great-character driven episode. Reminds me of season 1 alot.
Old 02-17-10, 07:48 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by RoyalTea
If we didn't see it, it's not canon.
It was actually covered in one of the official novels, so I think it's good.
Old 02-17-10, 07:51 AM

I thought the kid looked like an older version of Zack.

1.) The actors look very similar
2.) He and his sister were the first to be taken by the Others if I recall correctly

Old 02-17-10, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

According to Lostpedia, apparently two of the names crossed out on the wall were Littleton and Straume. Miles and Claire/possibly Aaron?
Old 02-17-10, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Bus
I want an entire show of scared Richard telling people things in a hurry, then running away.

Can someone refresh my memory on what the white and black stone "inside joke" was? I just know it was somehow related to when Locke was playing Backgammon in season 1.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.