Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - Season Premiere, 2/11/10

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will win this season of Survivor?
A Hero
36.67%
A Villain
63.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - Season Premiere, 2/11/10

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-10, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - Season Premiere, 2/11/10

Originally Posted by tbird2340
Sugar will go with anyone and is ZERO threat to win..
But the fact that she is zero threat to win means she is a threat in the sense players may be wary of someone wanting to drag her along as an easy f2-f3 opponent. On top of that she is an emotional irrational player so to anyone who saw Gabon they saw how Sugar turned on people who planned on taking her to the end so in that sense her most valuable asset of being the most beatable player is negated by the fact you can't count on her as a reliable vote on your side at any point in the game.
Old 02-12-10, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jim
Courtney over Amanda?
Courtney is one of the most snarky entertaining players they have had in a while all her confessionals were entertaining all throughtout Survivor China. Amanda despite being a great player had almost no charecter arch or until the end of the season.
Old 02-12-10, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Howie2000
Courtney is one of the most snarky entertaining players they have had in a while all her confessionals were entertaining all throughtout Survivor China. Amanda despite being a great player had almost no charecter arch or until the end of the season.
One of things that I like about Courtney other than her ability to make me laugh is that she has no delusions of grandeur. She knows she's not very good at the game.

When Dalton asked her why she should win her reason was that it would be hilarious. She also picked herself as the most overrated player. Unfortunately, as she's not really good at anything game related, the game has to break right (villains trying to make big moves) for her to last a while. Of course, given that she's a rather polarizing individual I'm sure a lot of people are rooting for that.
Old 02-13-10, 02:47 AM

Candace has got to be the most WTF? pick on the show. Obviously thinking back there just aren't that many great women characters other than the ones they selected. Danni Boatwright would be the best choice for Candace's spot, considering she won despite some ridiculous odds. Danielle is a tad odd pick, but she did get second place but she wasn't much of a character.

Regarding the Hero spot, I'd probably rather have seen Kathy (S4) or Kelly (S1) than Candace... seriously, Candace???

I hope she doesn't get to the finals.
Old 02-13-10, 07:58 AM

I hope she does
Old 02-13-10, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

They should do a unedited version online. Great start but I kind of dug sugar but can see why she was voted off. You can be crying in front of people out for blood.
Old 02-13-10, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Phod
Candace has got to be the most WTF? pick on the show. Obviously thinking back there just aren't that many great women characters other than the ones they selected.
This more than anything goes back to the editing of the show in almost all the seasons past Vanuatu. Last year for example other than Shambo not a single woman had any kind of arch that lasted more than an episode or two and that's atypical of how the majority of the seasons have been the past couple years.
Old 02-13-10, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Be VERY careful reading the comments posted about Jeff's blog....goddamn it.

I hope its someone just being a douche and not a real spoiler, but the final three was mentioned.

Old 02-14-10, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Regarding the Hero spot, I'd probably rather have seen Kathy (S4) or Kelly (S1) than Candace... seriously, Candace???

I'm glad you had no say in who made the show. Those are two horrible suggestions. I'll take Candice any day of the week.
Old 02-15-10, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Go James! Love that guy.

James and JT are my top 2 favorites. Tom and Rob are also really smart players. Rob starting fire (suck it, Randy!!) and Tom leading the chicken trapping are the kind of stuff I love to see on Survivor. I would like to see Russell go far (he is not annoying to me) but not win again. So far I am loving this cast. Glad I won't have to watch half the season before I learn all their names. lol
Old 02-15-10, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Looking forward to seeing Randy's reaction when he sees Sugar was the first one voted out.
Old 02-16-10, 04:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I avoided the previous threads so I could have some surprise when I saw the teams, and I was partially successful.

Candice makes no sense at all--not till I read this thread did I remember her switching tribes and setting the stage for the Yul-Ozzie show. (Would have loved to seen Yul back.) But she is beautiful so I won't complain.

Amanda is still smokin'.

Tom = one of my favorite players. I like Colby too but we'll see if he lasts.

Danielle = WTF. I remember her winning the last water-balancing "challenge" to eliminate Terry the figher pilot. Weak choice.

Danni would have been a great choice.

So tired of Rupert and Cirie... I was really tired of Stephenie, but time and calming down her eyebrows make her less annoying.

EDIT: Would have been glad to see Terry too.

Last edited by davidh777; 02-16-10 at 04:13 AM.
Old 02-16-10, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

I forgot about Terry. He would have been great on the Heroes tribe. Of course he again would have lost the final "who weighs the least" immunity challenge to any of the women except Cirie.
Old 02-16-10, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by sven
I'm glad you had no say in who made the show. Those are two horrible suggestions. I'll take Candice any day of the week.
Wait, so someone who dominated challenges and made it to the final 2 is a horrible suggestion? And Candace has done what?
Old 02-16-10, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wait, so someone who dominated challenges and made it to the final 2 is a horrible suggestion? And Candace has done what?
I think she finished in 8th place. Bwah-hahahaha
Old 02-16-10, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
And she made out with Adam...and I think Heavy Metal Billy proposed to her.

According to Probst, Yul didn't quite make the cut b/c while he played a fantastic game it wasn't especially TV memorable. I don't know why Terry isn't there. He would seem to be a more worthy pick than some of the 3 timers. I looked her up...Danni is married now (to the Denver Broncos center) and has a two year old. I don't know if they asked her, but I guess that could be why she didn't do it.

Speaking of past Survivors, I guess Christa Hastie, the strange blonde girl aligned with Rupert and Sandra in Pearl Islands, posed for Playboy.
Old 02-16-10, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Be VERY careful reading the comments posted about Jeff's blog....goddamn it.

I hope its someone just being a douche and not a real spoiler, but the final three was mentioned.

Well, the finish order was spoiled for this season a while ago. (I imagine it's legit since it was spoiled by someone who spoiled last season--and ended up being entirely correct.)
Old 02-16-10, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Looking forward to seeing Randy's reaction when he sees Sugar was the first one voted out.
Apparently she had pregame alliances in place with half the villians including Randy so he probably isn't gleeful as whatever the editors want us to believe Thursday.
Old 02-16-10, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I hate Tom and Colby. They're basicly the same person, expressionless and take being a 'man' really seriously. Most of the heroes team sucks. The villains are much more interesting. I'd be stoked if Coach, Boston Bob, Sandra, Tyson, or Randy made it to the end.
Old 02-17-10, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wait, so someone who dominated challenges and made it to the final 2 is a horrible suggestion?
Yep.

And Candace has done what?
Nothing.

Originally Posted by Patman
Two spots better than Boston Rob did in Marquesas. Then he came back and dominated all-stars.

Last edited by sven; 02-17-10 at 03:46 AM.
Old 02-17-10, 04:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Colby: "Losing [Sugar], we're gonna miss.... Yeah, I don't think we're gonna miss much."

I like this cast. Sure, I would have liked to see others, but considering how some people just won't come back, I think the producers have done well. That said: sorry, Probst, Yul played a memorable game and would have been a good selection.
Old 02-17-10, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I forgot about Terry. He would have been great on the Heroes tribe. Of course he again would have lost the final "who weighs the least" immunity challenge to any of the women except Cirie.
That still pisses me off.
Old 02-17-10, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by sven
Yep.

Nothing.

Two spots better than Boston Rob did in Marquesas. Then he came back and dominated all-stars.
The difference is that Boston Rob in his season actually made moves and became a memorable character (Robfather). He was taken out FOR THAT REASON.

Candace did squat and was taken out because her dead weight had lasted long enough.
Old 02-17-10, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by davidh777
Colby: "Losing [Sugar], we're gonna miss.... Yeah, I don't think we're gonna miss much."

I like this cast. Sure, I would have liked to see others, but considering how some people just won't come back, I think the producers have done well. That said: sorry, Probst, Yul played a memorable game and would have been a good selection.
I agree that the cast is pretty good. There are only 5 gender-specific roles on each side so it's fairly limited when you consider there are 18 seasons to pull from (not counting All Stars 1).

I wouldn't change much if I was able to cherry pick selections. The hero guys are pretty solid choices. I would like to see Terry on there and maybe take James off only cause he's been there twice already. The hero girls are decent minus Candace. As I said before, I'd "horribly" select Kelly Wigglesworth or Danni Boatwright or even Gina Crews from Marquesas (she didn't do much either). Sugar was questionable but she did get 3rd in her season.

The villian guys are perfect other than not including Richard (take off Tyson, even though he's hilarious). And the villian girls are okay minus Danielle, who despite getting 2nd her season is sort of boring. Twila from Vanuatu might have been fun. Of course Corrine was who they wanted.
Old 02-17-10, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
That still pisses me off.
The image is still burned in my brain: Danielle balancing on her lily pad and Terry floundering in the water

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.