Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Young Justice League Animated Series in the works

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-10, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Young Justice League Animated Series in the works

What would be cool is if they could do a concurrent JL series along with this one.

I've never been a fan of Cadmus stories, so the plot didn't do much for me. But, everything else about it was great and can't wait for the series.
Old 11-27-10, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"You incredible...bulk!"

Nice little Marvel riff. Didn't know if anyone caught it.

BTW, since this takes place on Earth-16, all continuity bets with Earth-Prime are off.

I was a little surprised Wonder Woman wasn't featured, since she's effectively part of the "Holy Trinity" of JLA characters, but it was nice to see players like Captain Marvel, Captain Atom, Red Tornado, and Zatara in the mix.

They gave the Hawks some serious armor.
Old 11-28-10, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Wonder Woman was in there, Superman and Batman were talking to her before Superman came over to talk to Superboy.
Old 11-28-10, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Wonder Woman was in there, Superman and Batman were talking to her before Superman came over to talk to Superboy.
Yeah.

Based on what little I've seen I have no doubt WW will be featured more prominently as the series goes on.
Old 11-28-10, 08:13 PM

Oh, I know she was "there", but only in a couple of extremely brief scenes (the moving-eyeballs-only sequence was a bit, uh, creepy). Far unlike Batman and Superman, both of whom had high-profile roles. I suppose that was logical, given that Robin and now Connor Kent are part of the YJ team, but they could've done the same with Diana if they had included Cassie in addition to/instead of M'gann.
Old 01-07-11, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

It's on today at 4pm on the west coast on ToonHD.
Old 01-07-11, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

my dvr has been set since the "movie."
Old 01-07-11, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was all excited and those jabronies are just rearing the episodes that they aired over a month ago during the "movie". Were not getting any new eps till the Jan 21.
Old 01-28-11, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Last weeks episode was meh. But this most recent one about the Island infiltration was fantastic.
Old 01-29-11, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk God

loved seeing Bane.
Old 01-29-11, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm very impressed with this show and the Avengers. The animation, writing and catalog depth have all been great. The Avengers has, for the most part, been serial story-telling which is also insane for a cartoon.

My only complaint so far is the Martial Manhunter girl... Im just "meh" over the character.
Old 02-19-11, 07:42 AM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts

Last night ep with Dr Fate seemed to be drawn by a different crew. It seemed more loose than the previous eps. Did anyone else notice?

It's still a great show, but I was caught off guard.
Old 03-10-11, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

Last episode was OUTSTANDING.
Aqualad returns to Atlantis with appearances by: Aquaman, Mera, Garth, Tula, Vulko, Prince Orm, Black Manta, and Starro.

Also the peeks into what the other YJ Members were doing were intersting.
Bruce and Dick play some one-on-one basketball. Alfread Appears.
Miss Martian and Superboy try cooking. Red Tornado looks away.
Artemis is Artemis Crock and her mother is in a wheelchair.
Wally is at Jay Garrick's birthday party with Joan Garrick, Barry and Iris and Wally's parents.
Old 11-14-11, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts

I've marathoned the last few episodes and the show is getting better and better. I like the overarching plot, the
Spoiler:
decoy
injustice league, the Forever People, the Infinity Man as an old school Giant Robot, the post apocalyptic tale that wasn't quite what I thought it would be, etc. While the whole premise that the Justice League is using their kid sidekicks for covert operations is questionable at best (especailly sending them after the Injustice League), so far, so good.

In the last episode, the Forever People confront Superboy about the Superbike, which they assumed he stole. Instead of getting into yet another pointless hero vs. hero fight/misunderstanding, it gets cleared up within seconds and we move on.

I just wish Cartoon Network would quit with the scheduling practices. If not for DVR, I would never catch new episodes of this show, or Brave and the Bold.
Old 11-14-11, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk God

The episode before this one, the "training exercise" was the best episode of this show ever and quite possibly rivals some of the Batman:TAS stuff and JLU stuff. it was fantastic.
Old 11-14-11, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Deftones
The episode before this one, the "training exercise" was the best episode of this show ever and quite possibly rivals some of the Batman:TAS stuff and JLU stuff. it was fantastic.
The little touches are fantastic. Like they explained the detachment that the characters had for what happened to their mentors, which I thought stood out but that I didn't think would be addressed. Zatanna, Garth, etc. being shown on the sidelines. The Zeta beam misdirection, and Robin knowing the truth.

And then the follow through the next episode with Black Canary giving psych evaluations...
Old 11-15-11, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 807 Likes on 681 Posts

The show is more serialized than I could have ever possibly imagined on Cartoon Network. There is way more continuity from episode to episode than prior animated DCU programs.
Old 11-16-11, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I just watched a bunch of eps and this show is amazing. It has all I can want in a DC series in terms of references to all areas of the DCU. When I saw the JSA in the ep with TO Morrow explaining the droid origins I totally geeked out.

Another cool moment for me was when Robin was talking about his not
Spoiler:
wanting to be "The" Batman any more.
I got chills.
Old 11-17-11, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

I love this show. The storytelling is top notch and the arywork/animation are great for a TV show. It's a shame it's only available on DVD and not BD because it looks great in HD.
Old 11-21-11, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I just watched a bunch of eps and this show is amazing. It has all I can want in a DC series in terms of references to all areas of the DCU. When I saw the JSA in the ep with TO Morrow explaining the droid origins I totally geeked out.

Another cool moment for me was when Robin was talking about his not
Spoiler:
wanting to be "The" Batman any more.
I got chills.
BatB also has great DC references, but they're more wacky/silver age kinda stuff. But the writers really have their reference material straight.

In this past episode (a Halloween ep. in November? Thanks Cartoon Network), they bring in two all-but-forgotten characters from Peter David's original Young Justice series (which the cartoon was named after), Secret and Harm, and keep the pretty morbid origin for both.

Also forgot to mention that they actually have Milestone's Icon and Rocket in this series. That's pretty major considering Static is probably the only Milestone character most people can name.
Old 11-22-11, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by fujishig
BatB also has great DC references, but they're more wacky/silver age kinda stuff. But the writers really have their reference material straight.

In this past episode (a Halloween ep. in November? Thanks Cartoon Network), they bring in two all-but-forgotten characters from Peter David's original Young Justice series (which the cartoon was named after), Secret and Harm, and keep the pretty morbid origin for both.

Also forgot to mention that they actually have Milestone's Icon and Rocket in this series. That's pretty major considering Static is probably the only Milestone character most people can name.
Yeah Secret and Harm's story was pretty dark. But you know, I expect that from a DC series at this point because with the exception of Batman the Brave and the Bold, they seem geared towards Adult fans.

I also noticed the Black Milestone hero catching a falling helicopter in a previous ep.

In this ep with Secret and Harm I LOVED the Marvin the Martian (Looney Tune/Warner Bros.) gag they played at the party.
Old 11-23-11, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

I really DISLIKE this version of Captain Marvel.
He comes off as one BIG DOOFUS.

The Harm/Secret episode was very good.
No surprise since Peter David wrote it.
Good to Zatanna back in action.
Old 11-23-11, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Sounds interesting, but it looks like I'm too late to pick this up. Anyone know if CN is going to show reruns anytime in the near future? Nothing's popping up on the TiVo.
Old 11-23-11, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by will travel
I really DISLIKE this version of Captain Marvel.
He comes off as one BIG DOOFUS.
Agreed. A pox on whichever writer thought it would be cool to write Captain Marvel using "Big" as an inspiration. I much preferred it when the character actually acted like an adult when he became Captain Marvel.
Old 11-23-11, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

At least the Captain Marvel thing makes sense. given his alter ego... he is much younger than even the Young Justice members (at least in this incarnation).

Michael Corvin, this is just Cartoon Network's way of "promoting" a show... yanking it around the schedule, showing three or four new episodes then getting it stuck in reruns, and really not advertising new episodes all that much unless it's Clone Wars. Thundercats is the same way. Brave and the Bold finally aired it's final episode a few days ago, not that you'd have caught it without a DVR. So it'll be back on the schedule eventually.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.