Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Young Justice League Animated Series in the works

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-12, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,930 Likes on 1,493 Posts
Re: Young Justice League Animated Series in the works

Bah, they show a repeat and it's a random episode from the end of the first season? They rename the show and they still show the first season? I don't want to pay 3 bucks just to watch episode 1...

It did give me a chance to catch up, though.

Hey, an all girl-team episode, and an actual reason for it.

Loved Impulse, especially the fact that he's basically putting on the cheerful "tourist" persona.

I'm glad that they gave a reason for including Artemis on that mission, especially since she wasn't all that needed plus she was admittedly rusty. I also liked that Black Mantis's test for his son wasn't about harming his former teammates, but about being honest and not taking credit where it wasn't due. Also they explained in a clear way why Superboy and Miss Martian broke up.

What's up with Mal/Herald? Does he have superpowers, because I don't think I've seen him in costume (I missed the first episode) and at first I thought he was John Stewart out of costume (I know, I know, it's animation, ok? Everyone does kinda look alike...)

So the major dangling plot points:
Spoiler:

The "real" Roy Harper recovered, sans arm. I'm unclear, but was he replaced before he became Speedy? I know they mention that Red Arrow was the one that Robin and Kid Flash knew.

The JLA on trial, taking out Supes, Bats, Hawkman and Hawkgirl, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, John Stewart and Icon.

Impulse/Bart Allen stuck in this time period, still has some things to accomplish

The Krolotean invasion of Earth and their partnership with the Light are pretty much done, with the Zeta beam blockage and the Light getting a new partner.

The Light allying themselves with the Scarab alien(s)

The aliens experimenting on humans due to the metagene, perhaps in the midst of forming a Super Friends team

Aqualad and now Artemis undercover in Black Manta's organization, with most of YJ extremely angry at Aqualad for the apparent murder of Artemis, and only Kid Flash and Nightwing knowing the truth.

Lagoon Boy captured by the Light

Miss Martian using her telepathy to draw out information from enemies, leaving them catatonic.

Those are a ton of plot points to juggle, and they introduce a few every episode, but they've been doing a good job. I'm still unclear why the Light sent the six members of the brainwashed League to Rimbor... I know that caused the alien invasion, but I'm hoping it's spelled out a bit more.

Last edited by fujishig; 06-18-12 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-18-12, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

If they cancel this show, I will fucking blow up Cartoon Network's office. This is the best animated superhero cartoon show since the original JLU and Batman:TAS.
Old 06-18-12, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

It wouldn't surprise me if Young Justice only gets two seasons on air. These shows live and die by their toy sales, not how much the adult fans like them. Remember that Cartoon Network has that weird, futuristic Batman show coming up.
Old 06-18-12, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
It wouldn't surprise me if Young Justice only gets two seasons on air. These shows live and die by their toy sales, not how much the adult fans like them. Remember that Cartoon Network has that weird, futuristic Batman show coming up.
In that case, consider this show dead. Mattel pretty much crapped the bed with the toys... smaller figures with little articulation and huge pieces of the Hall of Justice hidden in the packaging adding to the price, and larger figs at $20+ with large pieces of scenery adding to the cost. Already being clearanced at places like Target. Similarly Thundercats, despite having entire episodes where I drool over the toy possibilities, has lackluster toys made by Bandai.

However, I don't think it's all about toy sales, since CN isn't getting a cut of the merchandise for these series (at least not that I know of). That's probably true of their original series, but not too sure about their licensed series. Green Lantern doesn't even have a toy series (probably due to the terrible movie toy tie ins).
Old 06-18-12, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got a DC Nation magazine with Young Justice on the cover with this month's Batman & Robin, if this show isn't coming back then they've god some oddly timed promotions.
Old 06-18-12, 02:30 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

The show's coming back. It's just taking a break for the summer. The rest of Season 2 is still being produced.

SEASON TWO of YOUNG JUSTICE: INVASION

Episodes 201-207 have all aired. (How was "Depths" for a pre-hiatus cliffhanger? Not too shabby, huh?)
Episodes 208-210 are in the can.
Episode 211 has been edited and spotted for music and sound effects.
Episode 212 is being edited.
Episodes 213-218 are all overseas being animated.
Episodes 219-220 are also overseas being animated, but we have a few more color models here in Burbank left to complete and approve.

http://youngjustice.wikia.com/wiki/U...ate_%28June%29
And here's the details for the comic book series:

YOUNG JUSTICE COMIC BOOK

Issues 0-16 are all on the stands, available at comic book stores or online.
Issue 17 is done. I've already received my comp copies, and if you want a sneak peak this weekend, stop by my signing at Denver Comic Con. (More on this below.)
Issue 18 is being inked.
Issue 19 is being pencilled.

THEN, starting with Issue 20, the book changes titles to YOUNG JUSTICE: INVASION.

Issues 20-25 are a big story: a six issue mini-series within the series. About 95% of the content is split between December 1st of Season One and five years later on December 1st, JUST before the start of Season Two.
Issue 20 is scripted and ready for pencilling.
Issue 21 is being scripted now.
Issue 22-25 are all loosely plotted.
Old 06-18-12, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by actionjackson29
Why would they start the new season only to run 7 episodes? It probably won't come til the fall.
Well there were huge breaks in the middle of season 1 too, and then season 1 somehow led straight into Season 2.

The scheduling of this show is all over the place it seems.
Old 06-19-12, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You know, when I first heard about the DC Nation block I thought DC was going to use it to promote their comics, especially the new 52. But they don't mention comics at all. At the very least I'd expect some promotion for the YJ comic book since it's written by one of the creators...
Old 06-19-12, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fujishig
You know, when I first heard about the DC Nation block I thought DC was going to use it to promote their comics, especially the new 52. But they don't mention comics at all. At the very least I'd expect some promotion for the YJ comic book since it's written by one of the creators...
They do regularly run the commercial for DC's New 52 promo showcasing the Justice League.
Old 06-20-12, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

They do regularly run the commercial for DC's New 52 promo showcasing the Justice League.
Really? I've never seen a single ad.
Old 06-20-12, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

When? I DVR pretty much the entire block and I don't remember seeing it (admittedly I do skip over commercials, but I think I would stop to check out a comic book related one, especially because I'm on the watch for the shorts).
Old 06-20-12, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I've watched the last few episodes on-demand. I think the show is decent. I know it's on Weds, but what time? I don't think I see it in the primetime slot.
Old 06-20-12, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger
I know it's on Weds, but what time? I don't think I see it in the primetime slot.
Saturday morning at 10:30am.
Old 06-20-12, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh, ok. thx.
Old 06-20-12, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fujishig
When? I DVR pretty much the entire block and I don't remember seeing it (admittedly I do skip over commercials, but I think I would stop to check out a comic book related one, especially because I'm on the watch for the shorts).
Thinking about it now, Cartoon Network might air that commercial at other times of the day. It has definitely been in heavy rotation on that channel and a few others like G4. I actually think the promo looks awful and I have no idea why someone that didn't already read comics would have any idea what is going on in it or want to check out what DC comics are about.
Old 06-21-12, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

From what I have read at the ToonZone forums, New episodes of YJ and GL will start on Sept 29th.

So, Enjoy the outdoor summer fun and get yourself ready for plenty of indoor fall excitement.
Old 09-27-12, 04:06 PM

Young Justice is coming back on Saturday morning (10:30am) with a new episode (S02E08).

Green Lantern also returns on Saturday (10am) with episode S01E14.
Old 09-27-12, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fantastic. I feel like such a lame being dismissive of this show when it was first announced. I really thought it was going to be similar to The Batman (which I can't say was horrible, I just know it wasn't for me), but Young Justice is one of my favorite shows on TV. Period.
Old 09-27-12, 04:44 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

SWEET! I definitely missed this show.
Old 09-30-12, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Bump for the new episode.

I don't know anything about Red Arrow/Speedy/Roy, so I had to look up the Wikipedia article and it's cool to read about Arsenal. Enjoyable episode, although I could have done without the bridal shower scene.
Old 10-01-12, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old Robin became Nightwing, so who is the Robin who got killed?
Old 10-01-12, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrush
Old Robin became Nightwing, so who is the Robin who got killed?
I'm not sure if this is spoiler worthy or not, but 99% certain it's
Spoiler:
Jason Todd, the second Robin.
Old 10-01-12, 06:48 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I'm not sure if this is spoiler worthy or not, but 99% certain it's
Spoiler:
Jason Todd, the second Robin.
Very cool that this was acknowledged. I think there were some questions around the use of Drake instead of Todd when they jumped ahead 5 years. Although moving through 3 Robins in 5 years seems pretty fast.

So now we'll have red arrow and arsenal - and I'm sure luthor will hold leverage over arsenal for that arm.
Old 10-01-12, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

In the new 52 Batman seems to have gone through 5 Robins in 5 years.
Old 10-01-12, 10:33 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
In the new 52 Batman seems to have gone through 5 Robins in 5 years.
4 Robins in 5 years. Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, and Damian Wayne.

Stephanie Brown no longer exists in the new 52, and Carrie Kelly was never canon even in the old continuity.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.