TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Burn Notice - "A Dark Road" - 1/21/10

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-10, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Re: Burn Notice - "A Dark Road" - 1/21/10

Originally Posted by RichC2
You're right, I thought I read 9m earlier, it was 7.6m viewers for the mid season finale. My mistake.
it's cool, i thought the numbers were a bit lower for BN, but it is a sad state of affairs for broadcast TV now.
Old 01-26-10, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Yep. Every episode I wonder why he even cares if he gets his job back.
I've actually wondered about this sometimes too. He really likes helping people, since it's what he does in the weekly capers, as we call them, and can't seem to resist helping someone in need.

I'd have to imagine though that what he's going to be doing for the CIA would not be the same as helping mr and mrs smith down on the corner work out a problem they're having with some less than savory characters. Unless he's taking the "greater good" approach.

I really like Mike as the vigilante though, so I hope that stays around even if he does go back.
Old 01-26-10, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by harrydoyle
I've actually wondered about this sometimes too. He really likes helping people, since it's what he does in the weekly capers, as we call them, and can't seem to resist helping someone in need.

I'd have to imagine though that what he's going to be doing for the CIA would not be the same as helping mr and mrs smith down on the corner work out a problem they're having with some less than savory characters. Unless he's taking the "greater good" approach.

I really like Mike as the vigilante though, so I hope that stays around even if he does go back.
Wasn't the point made early in the second season that he liked be a spy, because it gave him some sense of purpose? And now that he has been going the "vigilante" work, he still wants to get back because he can serve the greater good (as opposed to simply American interest home and abroad).

That is my take on it...