TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "Pass/Fail" -- 01/18/10

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-10, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts
Re: Heroes -- "Pass/Fail" -- 01/18/10

Does the Samuel thing surprise anyone?

None of the "big bads" have ever had any kind of coherent motivation for the things they do.

Why did Linderman want to blow up New York? What was that supposed to accomplish? Did he get the idea from reading "Watchmen?"

Why did Kensei/Adam/Sark want to release the virus? Because Hiro stole his girlfriend five centuries ago?

What was Arthur Petrelli trying to do?

So it shouldn't surprise anyone that Samuel is acting like an idiot after getting rejected by a girl who's had about ten minutes of screen time.
Old 01-19-10, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This episode was so bad I'm watching an Ice Cube comedy just to end the night on an upswing.
Old 01-19-10, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll delete this one once again. In the past I wouldn't come near this thread until I'd watched the episode, now I read every post before I even consider watching.
Old 01-20-10, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I thought it was pretty good myself. I especially like the quantum leap moment. I kind of hope this will be the beginning of badass future Hiro instead of comic joke of the show he is now. Hiro can have his own Rogue Demon Hunter to Badass Watcher transformation.
Old 01-20-10, 03:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

Wow, there's no way in hell I'm watching this live unless it airs before 24 in Canada.
People still watch shows live instead of time delay on DVR?

This episode was mediocre but you could tell by looking at the previews last week. The Trial was a waste of time.
Old 01-20-10, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
People still watch shows live instead of time delay on DVR?

This episode was mediocre but you could tell by looking at the previews last week. The Trial was a waste of time.
DVR? I don't even have digital TV yet. Not all of us live for TV
Old 01-20-10, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Monday night's show had less than 4M viewers! (3.9m)
Old 01-20-10, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
So it looks as a last-ditch attempt to draw interest, Claire will now be a lesbian.
Um no offense, but this has been a-brewin' all season. Have you not been watching every week? The whole lesbian thing was discussed in interviews with Panettiere before the season even premiered.

Overall, I can understand the hate, but again, why are you continuing to watch? The show has been extended through season 5, and there are only two episodes left this season. Before this episode, I didn't think there was a wrap up in sight, but now that Samuel has gone all uber baddy, I think I see where we're headed... and Sylar may end up being integral to the good guys' success.

Though all the dangling storylines like the deaf cellist, angst-ridden Peter (who is still power-crippled to boot), Suresh and whatever the heck he is doing, Parkman and his damage and whatever happened to Tracy? That is just a mess. I think the charm of the first season was the fact that the characters didn't know each other, knew there was a massive threat that they must help avoid and watching everyone converge. After that, the show floated mostly aimlessly. The character are only "loosely" friends at best. They'd be better served creating a new threat that calls a new group of "mutants" into play. Leave these characters alone already unless they're going to form their own syndicate like Ma Petrelli and the previous generation did.
Old 01-20-10, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by rfduncan
The show has been extended through season 5
Link? I haven't seen anything to suggest that it was a done deal. The cast may be signed for a fifth season, but that doesn't mean it'll ever be produced.
Old 01-20-10, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Link? I haven't seen anything to suggest that it was a done deal. The cast may be signed for a fifth season, but that doesn't mean it'll ever be produced.
Nothing definite, but I'd say it is a done deal. With the recent loss of a full third of their prime time scheduling with the exit of Leno, NBC is desperate for programming (hello, SVU "encore episodes" in prime time?). With their recent track record of choosing shows, they're better off keeping the "bird in the hand" than chasing "two in the bush" by trying to fill that hour with something new. Just my opinion...
Old 01-20-10, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Nothing definite, but I'd say it is a done deal.
I don't disagree with your logic and can definitely see it being renewed, but it seems kind of silly to definitively say "The show has been extended through season 5" if it...well, hasn't been.
Old 01-20-10, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

The show needs a complete reboot if there is another season. An "All New, All Different" if you get the reference. We know these characters too well and what we know we don't like. I can't think of one character that they haven't made unwatchable that I'd like to see come back.
Old 01-20-10, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Timber
I can't think of one character that they haven't made unwatchable that I'd like to see come back.
What about Claire's "friend" West Rosen? They haven't ruined him yet. And do we even know what happened to Monica Dawson (Micah's cousin)? There are tons of cool secondary "heroes" they've yet to mess up... er, I mean expand upon.
Old 01-20-10, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

Nothing definite, but I'd say it is a done deal. With the recent loss of a full third of their prime time scheduling with the exit of Leno, NBC is desperate for programming (hello, SVU "encore episodes" in prime time?). With their recent track record of choosing shows, they're better off keeping the "bird in the hand" than chasing "two in the bush" by trying to fill that hour with something new. Just my opinion...
Yes, but won't the local affiliates complain if Heroes is putting the audience to sleep before the 11 o'clock news?
Old 01-20-10, 01:12 PM

What about Claire's "friend" West Rosen? They haven't ruined him yet. And do we even know what happened to Monica Dawson (Micah's cousin)? There are tons of cool secondary "heroes" they've yet to mess up... er, I mean expand upon.
Get out of my head! Those are two of my favorites from season two, possibly for the reason you gave - they haven't been given enough screen time to mess them up. But I liked the two of them and Aqua boy (I forgot his name). I think it'd be a good idea to focus on the lesser known heroes who we've already been introduced to (if it returns for season 5)

Last edited by mraw; 01-20-10 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-20-10, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave99
I was actually hoping they had the sack to kill off Hiro at the trial. I guess they don't.
He did die on the table before being revived, so I believe now every major character has died at least once, some of course several more times than that.
Old 01-20-10, 04:35 PM

I love this show but disappointed to see the lows it has come to. did we really need a whole show dedicated to hiro 7 claire. on that note how did hiro defeat a man who has had 400 years of training
Old 01-20-10, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by kiddk1
on that note how did hiro defeat a man who has had 400 years of training
Hiro was squaring off against a dream construct. You can make up any rules you want.
Old 01-20-10, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Damfino
Yes, but won't the local affiliates complain if Heroes is putting the audience to sleep before the 11 o'clock news?
Maybe they could put Jay Leno in the Heroes slot - this past Monday he drew a bigger audience .......
Old 01-21-10, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by marty888
Monday night's show had less than 4M viewers! (3.9m)
Yea show is completely worthless at this point. I removed it from weekly recording 2 weeks ago. Just let it die already, it's beyond bad at this point.
Old 01-21-10, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by hdtv00
Yea show is completely worthless at this point. I removed it from weekly recording 2 weeks ago. Just let it die already, it's beyond bad at this point.
I didn't realize it was viewable on Watch Instantly the next day on Netflix. So next week I'm also dumping it so I can record 24 and Life Unexpected instead.
Old 01-21-10, 11:11 AM

Man this is getting ridiculous. The writers simply don't have a clue.
Old 01-21-10, 03:25 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

[reads thread]

So..everyone liked it, then?