Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dexter - "Lost Boys" - 11/29/09

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-09, 02:42 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Re: Dexter - "Lost Boys" - 11/29/09

On recent episode, they showed Dexter leaving his house. In the very next scene, they were inside the police station and he came out of the elevator. How did he get from his house to the elevator? Did he just teleport in there?
Old 11-30-09, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
What happened after in between Dexter getting him out/Trinity leaving and the boy being reunited with his parents wasn't really important.
Considering the boy would have a full description of Arthur and made his "escape" from the site of a house he was working on, I would think it would be. It's just completely sloppy when they're dealing with a guy that's already in the crosshairs. Of course I'm sure he'll be dead soon enough anyhow. I guess I'll see how they close it up in the next few shows.

Last edited by superfro; 11-30-09 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-30-09, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
On recent episode, they showed Dexter leaving his house. In the very next scene, they were inside the police station and he came out of the elevator. How did he get from his house to the elevator? Did he just teleport in there?
I lol'ed.
Old 11-30-09, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by superfro
Considering the boy would have a full description of Arthur and made his "escape" from the site of a house he was working on, I would think it would be. It's just completely sloppy when they're dealing with a guy that's already in the crosshairs. Of course I'm sure he'll be dead soon enough anyhow. I guess I'll see how they close it up in the next few shows.
We'll just have to wait and see. The stuff you mentioned could very well be something that plays out in the next episode.
Old 11-30-09, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by superfro
I think you're placing too much importance on the boy. He was there to show a wrinkle in Trinity's pattern that we didn't otherwise see and gave an opportunity to show Dexter (and the audience) part of the difference between him and Trinity. It doesn't really matter that the boy can give a description of Trinity, especially since the police already have his DNA and his daughter in custody. Focusing more on the boy's story, especially the aftermath, shifts the focus too much away from Dexter and Trinity, who are the primary driving force of the show. This is Dexter, not another CSI or Law & Order. We don't need to know all that other stuff.
Old 11-30-09, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by clckworang
I think you're placing too much importance on the boy. He was there to show a wrinkle in Trinity's pattern that we didn't otherwise see and gave an opportunity to show Dexter (and the audience) part of the difference between him and Trinity. It doesn't really matter that the boy can give a description of Trinity, especially since the police already have his DNA and his daughter in custody. Focusing more on the boy's story, especially the aftermath, shifts the focus too much away from Dexter and Trinity, who are the primary driving force of the show. This is Dexter, not another CSI or Law & Order. We don't need to know all that other stuff.
I know why it was there, and liked it actually. I just think it was poorly done. That's my problem with the whole thing. It made sense why it was there, and the act of it happening was important, but the resolution was kind of shit. I found it lazy and irritating. But honestly it's the villainesque Arthur disappearing act while Dexter's back was turned that was the most nonsensical. It was just a lot of factors that hit me all at once that made the show, which is usually not very pedestrian, all of a sudden feel like just another CSI or Law & Order. The Trinity they've shown us thus far would've come to, knocked out Dexter, finished his job, and then did whatever with Dex afterwards. It made no sense for the character IMO. That's really more my issue than the boy, it's just all wrapped up in to them not having any sort of an ending for that scenario other than "Dexter goes home". Again though...I'll see how they wrap it all up. Maybe they'll explain Arthur taking off. I still love the show.
Old 11-30-09, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by clckworang
It doesn't really matter that the boy can give a description of Trinity, especially since the police already have his DNA and his daughter in custody.
The boy cannot give a description of Trinity, he can only give a description of a kidnapper. The police haven't tied the two together; only Dexter has. The boy wouldn't have been anywhere near Detective Deb or anyone working the Trinity case, he would have been with a detective working who was working on the missing persons case. There was no need to show us any of that.
Old 11-30-09, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

Great episode.

I still don't like the angle of the reporter being the shooter. And it still doesn't make sense why she put Trinity at risk with that article. Maybe they'll give us reasons in the next episode... and it better be good.

I agree that the whole hitting Trinity with a shovel, save the boy, Trinity disappearing is lame. Either Dexter hits him enough to knock him out, or Trinity fights back when Dexter goes for the kid... the combo they gave doesn't work.

Someone called it a few threads back that there may be a 4th victim in the cycle. Good call.

It looks like Deb investigating Moser may be back on going by Harry's CI/love interest coming back this episode. It also looks like the kid seeing Dexter leaving the camp thingie may bite him in the ass soon.

We may just have a few suspicious eyes on Dexter next season. Should be a doozy.
Old 11-30-09, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I'm starting to wonder after just watching the episode if Trinity doesn't take Dexter out somehow by the end of this season. He may not kill him but might put him into a corner that he can't get out of.
Old 11-30-09, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

This season is really ending on a strong note...can't wait to see what the writers do with the final two episodes.
Old 11-30-09, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This episode was good, but I think last weeks was better. However, next week and the season finale look like they will be incredible. This season is just good and maybe even better then the first season.

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I'm starting to wonder after just watching the episode if Trinity doesn't take Dexter out somehow by the end of this season. He may not kill him but might put him into a corner that he can't get out of.
No, doubt it. The show hasn't been scheduled to end. And Dexter dieing, or being put in jail would definetly end the show.
Old 11-30-09, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Coral
I still don't like the angle of the reporter being the shooter. And it still doesn't make sense why she put Trinity at risk with that article. Maybe they'll give us reasons in the next episode... and it better be good.
Christine (the reporter) doesn't REALLY know everything about her father; she witnessed one of his bathtub killings as a child, and it was only when it happened again that she was able to know "for sure" that what she witnessed was real. She likely has no idea about his "cycle" or anything of that sort. The article that she wrote that seemed to infuriate Arthur last episode was about the murder with the hammer; which to her was just a completely unrelated killing.

I'm still putting my bet on the cops catching Arthur before Dexter gets to him. With a side order of Arthur going after Cody due to being denied killing the kid in this episode. It's anyone's guess where it goes from here though...
Old 11-30-09, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

^I'm almost positive she knows everything about her dad, Trinity, and the cycle. She's been following his every step lately.
Old 12-01-09, 12:53 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

I thought it was good.

I liked was happy all the Rita, Angel/LaGuerta, and Deb issues got put on the back burner this episode.
Old 12-01-09, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those of you who are complaining about Trinity simply running while Dexter saved the boy must have never been knocked by a shovel to the head before. I have been knocked out before and there was no way I could have continued to fight or anything else. In reality the only thing he would have been thinking about was getting away, not continuing a fight with a healthy man, half his age, who has twice proven he can kick Trinity's ass.
Old 12-01-09, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"

I will say this about the writing, the show has a nasty habit (like The Shield) of having one of those moments where you shake your head about the logic...only to have it come back as something important later.

It has happened from the beginning, so fret not. It will all come around.
Old 12-01-09, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by dino88
Big spoiler in the preview, so if you didn't see or notice it DO NOT READ.
Spoiler:
Trinity's daughter/reporter dead in the bloody bathtub. I was actually guessing this was how tonight's episode was going to end, but then figured she was safe after they arrested her. Guess not. That's going to be extra creepy if he gets in the tub with her. Or she may do it herself???
Spoiler:
I was really curious about this too so I compared the image from the trailer against episode 4x01 and it is definitely the first victim of the season and not Trinity's daughter in the tub. It's the same bathtub, same faucet, same haircut, same hair part, same right side of her hair hanging down, same body, same... well, everything. Just an FYI for those who care.

That said, there's no guarantee his daughter won't go out some other way next week...
Old 12-01-09, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by MrX
I thought it was good.

I liked was happy all the Rita, Angel/LaGuerta, and Deb issues got put on the back burner this episode.
It's amazing how much better the show can be when it focuses primarily on the main character and not all of the zany antics of the secondaries.
Old 12-01-09, 09:36 AM

I was just happy they gave Angel something to do besides smooch with LaGuerta.
Old 12-01-09, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by dino88
^I'm almost positive she knows everything about her dad, Trinity, and the cycle. She's been following his every step lately.
Initially it was just her nosing around for a story, revealing the insider info Trinity thing to the public, and she made the connection to her pops. I cant recall how much of the killer's pathology she uncovered or revealed, but obviously she just needed that one murder to spark her memories.

While I like the angle that she is an insecure pushed aside, looking for approval/love daughter and not some conspiratorial prodigal villain, it is another one of those logic stretches that someone like that would shoot a cop and murder a guy all on her own. I think it would have made more sense if they had Trinity push her into doing it.

Last edited by Slumbering Fist; 12-01-09 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12-01-09, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
I was just happy they gave Angel something to do besides smooch with LaGuerta.
That storyline really has been my only complaint about this season. LaGuerta is one fugly chick. Angel can do much better.
Old 12-01-09, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I guess I'm the odd man out as I just can't get into this season at all. I'm finding the main storyline and the various subplots to be almost cringe-worthy. Something about it just isn't clicking for me and I find myself watching the clock during every episode waiting for it to be over. It just feels like a bad made for TV movie with a bit of blood, T&A, and cussing thrown in. I will admit that John Lithgow makes one heck of a creepy serial killer however.

Alan Sepinwall's latest blog entry for Dexter pretty much sums up my feelings:
http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2009/1...g-mistake.html

Last edited by mugwump; 12-01-09 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-01-09, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
That storyline really has been my only complaint about this season. LaGuerta is one fugly chick. Angel can do much better.
Then you really won't like Oz, where people literally kill for her.
Old 12-01-09, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Then you really won't like Oz, where people literally kill for her.
O'Reilley gonna shank a DVDTalker! Oh wait, he's in love with Sarah Connor now.
Old 12-01-09, 11:18 AM

I bought a beeper from him the other day.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.