Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Supernatural -- "Abandon All Hope" -- 11/19/09

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-09, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Supernatural -- "Abandon All Hope" -- 11/19/09

At first I was a little pissed that they would waste Jo and Ellen's death on a regular episode and a failed mission, but I guess this episode was the fall finale so it's not so bad.

Also, I guess while the showdown was taking place Bobby was developing his prints.

Originally Posted by Geddlo
I knew someone was gonna in this episode and as soon as I saw Jo show up I figured it would be her.
As far as what could kill Lucifer, I think the only thing is Michael's sword which I'm sure dad Winchester has stored someplace.
I thought that was just a trick by the angels to get Dean. When they showed up at the storage place the angels said Dean himself was "Michael's sword" and I think they suggested that they had placed the clue in daddy Winchester's diary.

Last edited by wmansir; 11-21-09 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-21-09, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I keep seeing people talk about this being the last season. Is that something that has been confirmed?

This episode really stepped things up for me. Usually, I just enjoy these episodes for the fun they are, but this ep had some real resonance. I loved the scene with Castiel seeing all the reapers, the hellhound attack, and the hold up (and deaths) in the hardware store. This show just keeps surprising me.

It's a shame Jo's gone. She was a stone cold fox, and a character I liked quite a bit, but if the show is ending this was a fitting way for her to go.
Old 11-21-09, 12:42 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Kripke has said in the past he planned on the show running for 5 seasons and then he'd end it. He's softened on that stance so there's still a chance it comes back next year.
Old 11-21-09, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few things....

-At the beginning of the season. Who was it that put Dean & Sam on the plane? Was it Zacariah?

-Where does everyone thing god is? (besides playing skeeball on the Jersey shore). And do you think he will make an appearance? I think it will get to the point of death for the boys and the world. Then god comes in and saves the day. Maybe, if one or both of the guys sacrifices themselves.

-Does anyone think their is a chance that they can get Jeffrey Dean Morgan will ever make a re-appearance? Even if briefly to show him getting out of hell and going to heaven and reuniting with their mom. Speaking of Dad. I am surprised the guys never asked Castiel to rescue their Dad like he rescued Dean.
Old 11-21-09, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TOLEN
A few things...

-Does anyone think their is a chance that they can get Jeffrey Dean Morgan will ever make a re-appearance? Even if briefly to show him getting out of hell and going to heaven and reuniting with their mom. Speaking of Dad. I am surprised the guys never asked Castiel to rescue their Dad like he rescued Dean.
Their dad did escape hell. I believe it was in season 3 when the hellgate was opened a bunch of demons made a jailbreak he got out.
Old 11-21-09, 04:17 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by wmansir
I thought that was just a trick by the angels to get Dean. When they showed up at the storage place the angels said Dean himself was "Michael's sword" and I think they suggested that they had placed the clue in daddy Winchester's diary.
You know I totally forgot that they went looking for the sword and that they called dean the sword.
I figured Dean was just the vessel for Michael and was making a little joke that they would find the sword.
Old 11-21-09, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

A few things....

-At the beginning of the season. Who was it that put Dean & Sam on the plane? Was it Zacariah?
It's been insinuated that God (or maybe Lucifer) saved Dean & Sam and resurrected Castiel from oblivion. The only thing we do know it that it was not Zacariah and his angels. My guess is that Anna (the female fallen Angel) saved Dean and Sam. I'm going with God for Cass.

-Where does everyone thing god is? (besides playing skeeball on the Jersey shore). And do you think he will make an appearance? I think it will get to the point of death for the boys and the world. Then god comes in and saves the day. Maybe, if one or both of the guys sacrifices themselves.
I'm guessing God's going to let the "kids" figure it out for themselves.

Spoiler:
John was released from Hell when the Devil's Gate opened at the end of season two. He saved Dean and his soul moved on (presumably to Heaven.)
Old 11-21-09, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the info. I think that Jeffrey Dean Morgan's success led to Bobby becoming a recurring guest. If JDM hadn't gotten so popular. I could see him in Bobby's role. Someone the boys come to for assistance and guidance.
Old 01-10-10, 06:32 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

'Supernatural' exclusive: Sixth season or bust?
by Michael Ausiello

The apocalypse may have to wait. CW boss Dawn Ostroff says Supernatural creator Eric Kripke is warming to the idea of a sixth season.

“I think he’s in that state of mind,” she says. “I had lunch with Eric the other day and he’s really excited about the show right now. I think he feels this season has been really satisfying for him. He’s certainly not running out of ideas by any stretch of the imagination.”

Ostroff, who says Kripke has been “hitting it out of the park” creatively this season, also points to Supernatural’s ratings success as proof the show has a lot of life left in it. “The ratings are up,” she says. “We have more young women coming to the show than ever before. There aren’t a lot of shows that you can say are doing better in their fifth year.”
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/01/...-sixth-season/