Sons of Anarchy -- "Falx Cerebri" -- 10/13/09

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-09, 04:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sons of Anarchy -- "Falx Cerebri" -- 10/13/09

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Incited by Zobelle, Clay sets a course for retaliation, forcing Jax to turn to an unlikely source to save the club from destruction. Gemma shows Tara how an old lady handles her anger.

Definition of Falx cerebri from Wiki:

"The falx cerebri, also known as the cerebral falx, so named from its sickle-like form, is a strong, arched fold of dura mater which descends vertically in the longitudinal fissure between the cerebral hemispheres."

So maybe this represents the two sides of SAMCRO - the emotional Clay and the more analytical Jax.

Or maybe someone will just get his Falx cerebri bashed in with a fuckin' crowbar. Guess we'll see.
Old 10-13-09, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Sons of Anarchy -- "Falx Cerebri" -- 10/13/09

This show continues to impress. I love how it can balance serious drama, humour, violence, and suspense. The final scene was crazy. Clay is going to thank Jax for stopping him from shooting...the situation is bad enough as it is without murder. Glad to see Happy showed up for this episode. His character is great. Did anyone happen to notice if he was there when they got busted at the end? (I saw him when they went after the house that had that crazy kid, but not during the second raid at night).

Next week...WOW

Spoiler:
Next week's episode looks incredible. The entire Sons in jail (aside from Opie, Piney, Chibs and Half-Sack) should be really interesting. Sides will be much more clearly drawn and it looks like we are finally going to have our Jax vs. Clay showdown. I almost wish I hadn't seen it as now I don't think I can wait an entire week.

Also, what was with with the True IRA guys talking with Zobelle? Found that really troubling; I know they are all about earning money to support their cause, but I thought they'd have a little more loyalty than that.

EDIT: I was also glad to see Jax and Hale working together more too. They make a good team and have a great dynamic.

Last edited by kstublen; 10-13-09 at 10:11 PM.
Old 10-13-09, 10:14 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

Wouldn't just about all of them be facing life sentences in California because of repeat offender laws? And I wonder if Tig's warrant will pop back up or they'll forget about it.

Zobelle's daughter rack is impressive

Last edited by MrX; 10-13-09 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-13-09, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Tig and Opie at minimum would be in for a world of trouble. Tig would be extradited, and Opie would be looking at a weapons charge and a probation violation (and California does not mess around with probation violation).

ETA: Of course, they held Opie out. My guess is that Tig is out of commission for an episode or two and then be is back, with an explanation that he beat the charge.
Old 10-14-09, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wonder if the Aryan guy dropped the gun that he fired - if not, won't the authorities be left wondering how none of the guns on SAMCRO match the bullets that were fired? Also won't a GSR test show none of them fired a gun? I realize they'll still have weapons charges, but that would seem to be a hole left behind by the Aryans that might track back to them?

While it was a nice setup (both the laptop and the daughter for a little redundancy and the subtley of Darby fleeing), they did seem to fall for it rather easily. I realize emotions were running high but you'd think they would have done some more scouting (or maybe I'm giving them too much credit?)

And I'm wondering how they're going to get out of prison short of a Fox crossover episode and relaunch of Prison break. Anyone have any guesses?

Last edited by wirefan; 10-14-09 at 02:14 AM.
Old 10-14-09, 02:13 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by wirefan
And I'm wondering how they're going to get out of prison short of a Fox crossover episode and relaunch of Prison break. Anyone have any guesses?
Maybe there's a map of the jail in the tattoo on Jax's back
Old 10-14-09, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't imagine that they are in jail because they were tried and convicted. If anything, they had a bond hearing, were all denied bail, and are waiting in jail for trial. They'll probably get out with the help of a pretty good lawyer.
Old 10-14-09, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I assume they got remand, not that they skipped ahead time-wise and were already convicted. But as sweet as the storyline looks - I can't imagine it being more than a few episodes in length.

It would seem to be hard to get out of just the mere possession of illegal automatic weapons. The only other solution I was thinking of was turning in someone - perhaps if wind gets back that the IRA is dealing with Zobelle they would give them up? (though I don't think it likely). Darby seems like a small fish and their dealings with various gangs does not seem like a significant trade up.
Old 10-14-09, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Clay needs to get his head back in the game, quick. Jax is not his enemy, and that meeting between Zobelle and the IRA shows that the aryans are still thinking a couple steps ahead.

I also don't see how they'll avoid some lengthy prison time. I thought maybe they could use Zobelle's grandkids being taken by CPS as some sort of leverage to keep the aryans from testifying, but all those deputies caught them redhanded with the guns.

Loved seeing Gemma and Tara bond over shooting up the Lexus.

Originally Posted by MrX
Zobelle's daughter rack is impressive
"She's a Nazi, George, a Nazi!"
"I know, I know. Kind of a cute Nazi, though."

Originally Posted by kstublen
This show continues to impress.
Agreed. Can't wait for next Tuesday!
Old 10-14-09, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Clay needs to get his head back in the game, quick. Jax is not his enemy, and that meeting between Zobelle and the IRA shows that the aryans are still thinking a couple steps ahead.

I also don't see how they'll avoid some lengthy prison time. I thought maybe they could use Zobelle's grandkids being taken by CPS as some sort of leverage to keep the aryans from testifying, but all those deputies caught them redhanded with the guns.
Were those kids related to Zobelle? I thought they were Darby's kids.

EDIT: I guess those were Rollins' character's kids. Zobelle's daughter seemed a little young to have kids that age, but maybe they're a couple?

Last edited by majorjoe23; 10-14-09 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-14-09, 02:56 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I like that I don't know where the season is heading, but I hate that I have to wait to find out!

How many episodes were ordered for this season, 14?
Old 10-14-09, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

You do realize that this show is pretend right? They don't have to follow the letter of the law so our happy band of miscreants can get sprung on just about any technicality the writers can come up with.

Having grown up around the MC culture in Detroit I view the show almost like a fantasy epic since it's so far removed from any reality yet still riveting. Believe me, no one would want to watch any biker show that closely hewed to the truth.
Old 10-17-09, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

great episode. jax was trying to do the right thing but only got caught up in the situation. will be interesting to see how this turns out.
Old 10-18-09, 05:21 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

What an amazing episode, boy do i want to see Zorbelle's daughter get it !

They should have killed Weston's kids, kids just gonna grow up to be ARyan murderers anyway