Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Craig Ferguson Appreciation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-09, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: The Craig Ferguson Appreciation Thread

I always enjoy Craig and Jim Parsons. Friday night's show was no exception. Craig seems to develop a quick rapport with guests in general, but specifically the ones that give and take with him well. Always makes for a great interview.
Old 12-14-09, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's what I like about Craig:

Leno's been doing that same Headlines/Jay Walking crap for what, almost 18 years now? Craig does something for a few months and drops it the second he gets bored.
Old 12-15-09, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Reminder for all you folks that the 1000th show airs, tonight. Wavy hosts, Kristen Bell is a guest, and Jason Sigel performs "Dracula's Lament," complete with puppets.
Old 12-15-09, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

made a thread in movie talk too, given how FSM does have some popularity over there and prob wouldn't check this thread out
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/...p-12-15-a.html
so pimp it over there too if you can
Old 12-15-09, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

and we're off to a good start
Old 12-15-09, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm a noob, that is Craig as Wavy right?
Old 12-16-09, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yes.
Old 12-16-09, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

KB up next!
Old 12-16-09, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

/!!!

GREAT show! Only complaint is Jason Schwartzman didn't seem entirely comfortable being interviewed by a puppet, but that's not Craig's fault.
Old 12-16-09, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

i loved Wavy trying to hit on Kristen Bell.

I did like that they credited all of the extra puppetiers.
Old 12-16-09, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flicked through it this morning, seemed pretty good. I'll watch in more detail today.
Old 12-16-09, 06:01 AM

I only catch Craig Ferguson every once and awhile but I watched this episode from beginning to end, and it was phenomenal. Wavy is a great character, especially during the Kristen Bell interview.

And Dracula's Lament was better than ever before!
Old 12-16-09, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

That was awesome! The best special episode of a late night show since either Letterman eulogized Carson, or Letterman returned to the air after 9/11, and the best milestone episode lacking emotional relevance I've seen in ages. If I had to pick two nits, they would be the fact that we were never told it was a great day for America, so I felt incomplete. Also, Puppet Aquaman would have been more perfect with a Puppet Tim Gunn.

Evidence of what makes Craig Ferguson so unique is in this episode, though, I mean, he had both "Sarah Marshall" and the guy trying to forget her...performing his song from the movie...and the only reference to the show was in Wavy's introduction to "Dracula's Lament." Other hosts would have tried to resurrect the "how was it to work with..." banter from when they hit the show in promotion of the film two years ago. Not Craig, and that's what keeps us watching.
Old 12-16-09, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

holy shit! this was the best episode feguson has ever done! i loved the opening!

my favorite interview had to be w/ maria bello.
"my what big teeth u have"
"yes, just like my penis"
"actually i have a real tiny reptile pee pee" lmao i was dying there. the shit ferguson can get away w/ is amazing!

the dracula bit was real good too!
Old 12-16-09, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

One thing that kinda disappointed me was that this was obviously shot over the last month or so and put together for this occasion. It would have been nice to have a new show rather than a bunch of pre-shot bits.

Last edited by movieking; 12-16-09 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-16-09, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
That was awesome! The best special episode of a late night show since either Letterman eulogized Carson, or Letterman returned to the air after 9/11
You know, I just read some list of the top-ten talk show moments of the decade. I just realized that neither one of those were on it. Those should have been number one and two.
we were never told it was a great day for America, so I felt incomplete.
I could have sworn Wavy said it in a way making fun of Ferguson but either way, that's Craig's thing and Wavy was hosting.
Old 12-16-09, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Loved it. Loved every minute of it. Wavy did a great job

There are too many highlights to mention them all, but the Sean Connery puppet really cracked me up, especially in the final song when he was passed-out drunk.
Old 12-16-09, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

here's some clips i found on youtube of last night's episode. i couldnt find one of the opening song they did

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j6mBnfrDGkY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j6mBnfrDGkY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hA2tmhDWUV8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hA2tmhDWUV8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/97cYAZu-HVY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/97cYAZu-HVY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E-H5XG5x1Fc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E-H5XG5x1Fc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/41m_DDKejAI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/41m_DDKejAI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
Old 12-16-09, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts

Ok, I'm a big CF fan but this 1000th show was kinda Meh for me. I love the Puppets....but a WHOLE FUCKIN' SHOW WITH PUPPETS? REALLY? The whole thing was awkward to me.

I did very much enjoy the Musical bits(with hot dancers) and "Sean Connery". But that's about it.
Old 12-16-09, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I have never seen his show, because I never watch late night shows in general, but I have to see this episode. Maybe it will get me to start watching since I have heard great things about it.
Old 12-16-09, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by movieking
One thing that kinda disappointed me was that this was obviously shot over the last month or so and put together for this occasion. It would have been nice to have a new show rather than a bunch of pre-shot bits.
if you watched the end credits, you could tell that this was prob all done in one taping, it prob took longer then a usual one, as you could see Craig controlling the puppets and everyone helping out. Granted they prob taped the bits with the puppets (Aquaman, Sean Connery) all at once, but it didn't feel to me that they were taped earlier.
Old 12-16-09, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Some of the interview segments were pre-taped. Kristen Bell had out the same outfit she was wearing when she was on a few weeks ago.
Old 12-16-09, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, so did Mario Bello and Jason Schwartzman.
Old 12-16-09, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

ah ok. Thats prob also why the interviews seemed much shorter then they usually are, still a fantastic episode.

also tonight, Bob Barker is the main guest, which has potential to be interesting/awkward
Old 12-16-09, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, vampires on Craig's show two nights in a row? Sweet!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.