Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Desperate Housewives -- Season 6 Premiere -- "Nice is Different than Good" -- 9/27/09

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Desperate Housewives -- Season 6 Premiere -- "Nice is Different than Good" -- 9/27/09

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-09, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Desperate Housewives

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Mike Delfino reveals his bride; Lynette faces another pregnancy; Bree struggles to free herself from both Orson and her inhibitions; Carlos' teen niece (Maiara Walsh) moves in; another family with a dark past moves onto Wisteria Lane. Angie Bolen: Drea de Matteo. Nick Bolen: Jeffrey Nordling.

Susan or Katherine as Mike's bride?

Andrea Bowen returns as a series regular as Susan's daughter Julie.
Old 09-27-09, 07:09 PM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Desperate Housewives -- Season 6 Premiere -- "Nice is Different than Good" -- 9/2

Holy crap. This just aired in Canada and the ending is shocking!
Old 09-27-09, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Desperate Housewives -- Season 6 Premiere -- "Nice is Different than Good" -- 9/2

S&M, finally it's worth watching
Old 09-27-09, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Julie isn't dead is she? Is she?! But she was looking so pretty!

Pretty decent beginning... Nothing too exciting, but the new neighbors could be interesting.

Good laughs this episode too.
Old 09-27-09, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope that Julie isn't done, she's always been my favorite cast member because she's so level-headed. I fast forwarded through all of the scenes with Carlos' niece.

I still cannot understand how the writers made Lynette pregnant again when she was well into her 40s before the 5-year jump. It seems as if the writers have run out of storylines because the son in the new family looks to be the troublemaker (a la Applewhite). It's nice to see the inside of Mary Alice's house again (btw, I remember seeing on the DVD extras that the foyer of Mary Alice's house is used as Bree's, and I could really tell tonight. The foyer and living room in both houses are exactly the same).

I also don't understand why Katherine is so mad at Susan when she had Mike first and Mike left her - Susan didn't. Had Katherine abided by the rule of not dating a friend's ex, she wouldn't be so hurt right now. I guess she's going to be a psycho the entire season. I knew that it was Susan marrying Mike as soon as I saw her putting on the garder. I highly doubt that Dana has legs like that!
Old 09-28-09, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Ok episode. Didn't really care for the Lynnette, Bree, or Gabi storylines, though there were some laughs to be had.
Old 09-28-09, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great start to the sixth season. It was very interesting, indeed. I think they are really going to push these characters in directions we would not have imagined. I actually enjoyed the storyline with Gabby and the niece. I think Gabby is really going to grow with this season. I do think Katherine will become some sort of psycho, and end up causing real problems for Mike and Susan. Lynette not loving her babies is going to be interesting to watch. Oh, and what the heck is up with the new lady and her back? Not a normal family indeed!
Old 09-28-09, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

After factoring in Doug Savant and Marcia Cross, when Heather Locklear returns to Melrose Place, I think all but Andrew Shue and Courtney Thorne-Smith (and she was on "According to Jim" as of last year) will have acting jobs this season, some 17 years after the show first premiered. That has to be a record.

So much passive-aggression on this show, sometimes it's almost unbearable. Gross back burns.
Old 09-28-09, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

I wish Mike and Susan would leave Wysteria Lane.
Old 09-28-09, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So why was the new kid so upset at Julie?

Loved Lynette's warning speech to the new mother in the waiting room.
Old 09-28-09, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
That was great since all you ever hear from parents is how much they love having children. To say anything else is blasphemy.
Old 09-28-09, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
Julie isn't dead is she? Is she?! But she was looking so pretty!
Originally Posted by mraw
I hope that Julie isn't done, she's always been my favorite cast member because she's so level-headed.
She is definitely not dead though you have to wonder what state she's in when she was attacked at night and not found until the next morning...

Of all the characters to be attacked, Julie was the most sympathetic choice. Has the character ever done anything genuinely malicious, mean or bad?
Old 09-28-09, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It was probably Katherine (though, she's the most obvious).
Old 09-28-09, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope they don't turn Katherine into a psycho. I'd rather her be Susan's nemesis throughout this season.

Agreed. That was funny.
Old 09-28-09, 09:17 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Decent premiere -- Drea de Matteo and Jeffrey Nordling both make welcome additions to the neighborhood, imo.
Old 09-28-09, 02:23 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Lynette in the waiting room was hilarious.

I know twenty-somethings play teenagers all the time but the girl playing Ana looks closer to 30 than she does 16.
Old 09-28-09, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
It was probably Katherine (though, she's the most obvious).
IMO, we're supposed to think it's the son of the new family that just moved in, but it'll turn out to be the father. I hope I'm wrong though, because a) it's too obvious, and b) they've already done something very similar in Season 2, with the Applewhites.

Good episode though, I'm so glad this show is back!

Rob

Last edited by RobCA; 09-28-09 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-28-09, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RobCA
IMO, we're supposed to think it's the son of the new family that just moved in, but it'll turn out to be the father. I hope I'm wrong though, because a) it's too obvious, and b) they've already done something very similar in Season 2, with the Applewhites.
And you forgot c) Jeffrey Nordling. He is always cast as the bad guy!
Old 09-28-09, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by MrX
Lynette in the waiting room was hilarious.

I know twenty-somethings play teenagers all the time but the girl playing Ana looks closer to 30 than she does 16.
Maiara Walsh is 21
Old 09-28-09, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

How do you pronounce "Maiara"?
Old 09-28-09, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
After factoring in Doug Savant and Marcia Cross, when Heather Locklear returns to Melrose Place, I think all but Andrew Shue and Courtney Thorne-Smith (and she was on "According to Jim" as of last year) will have acting jobs this season, some 17 years after the show first premiered. That has to be a record.
Also, Grant Show (Jake) is on "Accidentally on Purpose."
Old 09-28-09, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
That was great since all you ever hear from parents is how much they love having children. To say anything else is blasphemy.
Yep. I still liked the part where the husband told her to stop saying that.

I thought they ended the bad Ana thing too quickly. Now she'll be boring.
Old 09-29-09, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Pretty good opening episode.....But,

I'm big fan of Dana Delany and I'm very disappointed at the writers for what they have done with Katherine. I was actually starting to like her last season and sympathize with her character. I'm not a fan of them turning her into a Jealous and Angry Psycho Bitch.

That was a big WTF moment when I saw Drea De Matteo's back...Yikes!

I did enjoy the scenes with Gaby and Ana. Although, the club scene was really cliched.

I actually sympathized with Lynette about having more kids and how miserable it made it her feel. The speech in the waiting room was very well written.
Old 09-29-09, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

I don't like the direction Katherine is heading right now. I like her character and didn't really want her to be seen as a psycho all over again. As for the strangling, I agree with those that think it will end up being the new father. There was something ultra-creepy about the way he had spoken to Julie earlier. It made me immediately think that something was going to happen between them at some point in the season and it probably wasn't going to be good for either person.
Old 09-29-09, 11:30 AM

Received 51 Likes on 17 Posts

Just out of curiosity... did this show get better after the second season? I watched the first and really dug it, but the second season seemed really weak in comparison. I never did make it to Season 3 and beyond... did it get better?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.