Search this Thread

Old 09-09-09, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Dark Blue -- "Betsy" -- 9/9/09

Dark Blue

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Jaimie revisits her dark past when she goes undercover as her former self in a mission to crush a big-shot smuggler. For the case to succeed, she must reconnect with a bygone acquaintance---and ask a big favor of her boyfriend.

Episode 9. Next week is the season finale. For anyone who chose not to watch this thinking this was Blah, another boring Police procedural, I think you missed out on a pretty good show. It probably would have been better serialized and as I mentioned last week with some improvements in the dialogue w/ more realistic language. Other than that, I liked the show alot and hope TNT gives it another run next summer.
Old 09-09-09, 08:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dark Blue -- "Betsy" -- 9/9/09

Originally Posted by DJariya
Dark Blue

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Jaimie revisits her dark past when she goes undercover as her former self in a mission to crush a big-shot smuggler. For the case to succeed, she must reconnect with a bygone acquaintance---and ask a big favor of her boyfriend.

Episode 9. Next week is the season finale. For anyone who chose not to watch this thinking this was Blah, another boring Police procedural, I think you missed out on a pretty good show. It probably would have been better serialized and as I mentioned last week with some improvements in the dialogue w/ more realistic language. Other than that, I liked the show alot and hope TNT gives it another run next summer.
It is a pretty good show. They just need to have some story-lines carry over and not have them succeed after every episode.
Old 09-12-09, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

To have Jamie use her own house instead of setting up a bogus one was beyond ridiculous.
Other than that, it was a decent episode.
I agree with Dean, She needs to dump her boyfriend before she ruins his career.

I know it's been said a million times before.. this show could be so much
better if the extended the story lines.
Old 09-13-09, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Pretty decent episode

^ Totally agree about Jaimie using her place as part of the operation was stupid and dangerous. Dean summed it up perfectly, if she really cares about her BF, she will dump him.

I assume they had Jaimie let the Con friend go so they could leave that story element open for a future episode, if the show gets another season.

Looks like next week will be a Carter-centric episode. Can't believe it's the season finale already. The show has been solid IMO even though most of you don't like it being a procedural. I would give it a solid B+.
Old 09-13-09, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

The MGD64 line was nice and subtle at the bar.
Old 09-14-09, 01:36 PM

I like the show, especially Dean's character. Ty has too much Eriq LaSalle in him, which I'm not crazy about.

I'm sure the producers know that serializing it would make the show better, but it only had a 9 episode commitment, so they couldnt.
Old 09-14-09, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by siddd5
I like the show, especially Dean's character. Ty has too much Eriq LaSalle in him, which I'm not crazy about.

I'm sure the producers know that serializing it would make the show better, but it only had a 9 episode commitment, so they couldnt.
Actually it's 10. I think serializing it would definitely improve it, but I know that TNT and Bruckheimer probably wanted to make it procedural and stand alone like his other shows.
Old 09-14-09, 01:44 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I like the one and done setup, to be honest... how many times have we all been burnt by serialized rookie shows that get cancelled without any satisfying resolution?

although it IS far-fetched to think that these 4 undercover cops are simultaneously deep, deep, deep undercover with so many different crooked criminals/organizations LOL