TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

True Blood -- "I Will Rise Up" -- 8/16/09

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-09, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Re: True Blood -- "I Will Rise Up" -- 8/16/09

Originally Posted by conscience
I think he's skilled I just don't think he likes doing it. I believe he's a self-hating shape-shifter. Once he found out there was another one is when he started to let loose and run free. Too bad about Daphne. I never understood her coming into Bon Temps, being a shape-shifter and being under Maryann's spell. Did Maryann 'make' her come to Bon Temps? Was she even a real shape-shifter?
Sam DOES like shifting. He would shift and run with the dog that hung out at the bar; and he also told Daphne how exhilarating shifting was when they were on the pool table a few weeks ago. Or was he just talking about having an erection? I get confused...

She freely gave herself to Maryann and it seems, based on how Daphne was acting towards Maryann before Eggs killed her, they were lovers. But that could be my "Lesbian Goggles" which see Lesbians everywhere. Anyway, she said that Maryann had very little, if any, control over supernatural beings and that they had to come to her of their own free will and give in. Sam never gave into Maryann and that's why she's after him.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 08-20-09 at 11:34 PM.
Old 08-21-09, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
She freely gave herself to Maryann and it seems, based on how Daphne was acting towards Maryann before Eggs killed her, they were lovers. But that could be my "Lesbian Goggles" which see Lesbians everywhere. Anyway, she said that Maryann had very little, if any, control over supernatural beings and that they had to come to her of their own free will and give in. Sam never gave into Maryann and that's why she's after him.
Oh, yeah, they were lovers. They kissed in a recent episode, if I remember correctly. Not just a peck on the lips either. It was hot! (I'm not just imaging that, right?)

Yes, Daphne had to have given herself freely. Sam, on the other hand, isn't about to give himself to her! I don't blame him! She'll rip his heart out, then make a souffle out of it!
Old 08-21-09, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
But that could be my "Lesbian Goggles" which see Lesbians everywhere.
Wow, I have those, too. It's a shame we couldn't have gotten a Daphne-Maryanne sex flashback like Sam's.
Old 08-22-09, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm also re-watching Season 1 and Sam goes off about Werewolves about how thier filthy and evil and it got me thinking

This show is what HEROES wished it could be
A story of people will superpowers and how the non-superpowered world has to deal with it
Old 08-22-09, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Fantastic!! Hilarious to see Tara taking another beating, and Lafayette kicking more ass. Didn't care much for the Godric/Jesus character...

Originally Posted by MrX
I loved the Newlin's brief appearance

"I hate your hair"
"We are fighting for Christmas, Easter eggs.." Loved Nan Flanagan's reaction.
Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
I LOVE the character, I LOVE Michelle Forbes, and I believe where the story is headed will give us one hell of a conclusion.
Same here. Enjoyed her brief scene with William Sanderson.
I'm guessing that it would have been too tongue-in-cheek if they showed Andy watching the very early Dirty Jobs episode with Mike Rowe knee deep in Bat guano. Hope Andy learns of Sam's shapeshifting abilities.

Season's gone way too fast...