TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Holy Crap! Darabont to adapt 'The Walking Dead' for AMC

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-10, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,376 Likes on 937 Posts
Re: Holy Crap! Darabont to adapt 'The Walking Dead' for AMC

Originally Posted by Bandoman
motherless fuck, when is DirecTV going to do this?!
according to someone in the "know" at DBSTalk, DirecTV will be launching several new HD channels no later than six weeks from now. Could be tomorrow or six weeks. But, AMC is definitley one of those rumored to be in there.
Old 08-28-10, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts

I have been anxiously awaiting this series debut after seeing the Comic Con trailer but more so for the song they used on the trailer.

For those who didn't know or were looking for it is "Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore" by The Walker Brothers.
Old 08-28-10, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Between the comic book, this series and the zombie crawl coming up, I'm going to be very zombied out by the end of October. I can't wait!
Old 08-28-10, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 382 Likes on 271 Posts

I remember back when I used to crave zombie movies.

I'm sure that Darabont and Co will bring something interesting to this. But I'm already zombied out.
Old 09-01-10, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like TWD just got a second season!

http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=28804
Old 09-01-10, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,743 Likes on 2,686 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric D.
Looks like TWD just got a second season!

http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=28804
Very Cool, but not unheard of for a show to get a 2nd season before the 1st even airs. Spartacus on Starz also got renewed before the 1st season even aired.

It's still unofficial though since the Fangora story is quoting a "Crew Source" I assume AMC will probably wait until the show actually airs before officially announcing it.

Last edited by DJariya; 09-01-10 at 02:30 AM.
Old 09-02-10, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Darabont tells AICN that a Season 2 renewal is just a rumor for now.

The filmmaker seems particularly startled at the idea that season two would start production only a month or two after he completes season one.

“Shooting in February? As tired as I am right now getting season one through post, I'd rather shoot myself,” Darabont tells Ain't It Cool.
Old 09-02-10, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,743 Likes on 2,686 Posts

^ Yeah I saw that AMC told IGN that they haven't greenlit it yet. February does seem a little too soon. If they do get a 2nd season, I think the soonest they can start shooting is next Summer.
Old 09-02-10, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk God

if they were smart, they'd push up shooting so they aren't shooting in Atlanta (assuming production stays there) in the summer again.
Old 09-21-10, 10:53 AM

a new poster seems like a good idea to bump this thread

Old 09-21-10, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Now if only they sold that poster somewhere...
Old 09-21-10, 12:44 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

One side of the freeway would not be empty like that. As people tried to get out of town, they would cross the median.

I'm deleting my season pass.
Old 09-21-10, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That looks like a big median, about as tall and wide as a horse it looks. It also explains the lack of zombies... I'm sure medians like that have corralled them all in the city.
Old 09-21-10, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It amazes me that after 10 years and almost 51,000 posts that people still fail to realize when Groucho is being sarcastic.
Old 09-21-10, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Heh, it wasn't that hard to pick up... I was playing along as even a badly photo-shopped median wouldn't hold an army of zombies.
Old 09-24-10, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G8q7L6LQsTw&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G8q7L6LQsTw&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>
Old 09-24-10, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk God

i honestly don't think i've anticipated a television show as much as i am with this one. that looks phenomenal.
Old 09-24-10, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
i honestly don't think i've anticipated a television show as much as i am with this one. that looks phenomenal.
Yup, me too. Just perfect in every possible way.
Old 09-24-10, 04:26 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I just hope we get "Shawshank Redemption" Darabont and not "The Majestic" Darabont. Heck, given the subject matter I'll settle for "The Mist" Darabont.
Old 09-25-10, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, that looked good. I didn't think I could want to see this more...
Old 09-26-10, 03:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cool:

http://www.collider.com/2010/09/26/t...ndrew-lincoln/

I’m usually not much for the “This fan-made thing is so cool! I have to post it.” post. But, umm… this fan-made credits for AMC’s The Walking Dead is pretty cool. I have to post it.

Inspired by the poster that Drew Struzan designed for Comic-Con, Daniel M. Kanemoto took artwork from the comic that launched the series and slapped together a really impressive animated title sequence set to Eels’ “Fresh Blood.” If you are looking forward to the October 31st premiere of The Walking Dead — which stars Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Laurie Holden, Steven Yuen, and Sarah Wayne Callies — check it out after the jump

Kanemoto had this to say about his creation:

My favorite “exclusive” from this year’s Comic-Con was a beautiful painting by legendary artist Drew Struzan, featuring a horde of zombies from THE WALKING DEAD. Frank Darabont is adapting the apocalyptic Image Comics book created by Robert Kirkman, and man, it looks really, really great.

As I was admiring Struzan’s work of art, I wondered what the opening titles to this terrifying new television show might look like… so I animated a spec title sequence using artwork ripped from the pages of the comic, originally illustrated by Charlie Adlard and Tony Moore.

Just so there’s no confusion, I’m not affiliated with the production in any way — I’m simply a huge fan of both Frank Darabont and Robert Kirkman, and this is my attempt at creating a cinematic introduction to one of the all time great “continuing stories of survival horror.”

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/15266890" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe>

THE WALKING DEAD "Opening Titles" from Daniel Kanemoto on Vimeo.

Old 09-26-10, 04:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,904 Likes on 1,168 Posts

Originally Posted by Autotelik
Hope this becomes a regular series on AMC, and not just a one-and-done miniseries. Looks totally awesome
Heh, it's funny. I was thinking this might work better as a Mini-series. Hopefully they can keep the series on track if it goes long term.

That said, what I've seen so far looks promising. One thing this film has that not even George Romero does in his films is show skeletal Living Dead like that one crawling on the lawn.

For some reason they freak me out and disturb me more than "fresh living dead".
Old 09-26-10, 05:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Heh, it's funny. I was thinking this might work better as a Mini-series. Hopefully they can keep the series on track if it goes long term.
Considering they have 76+ issues of comic story to take from, I doubt that'll be a problem.
Old 09-26-10, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,904 Likes on 1,168 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo
Considering they have 76+ issues of comic story to take from, I doubt that'll be a problem.

Yeah sure because they would neeeeever go outside of the original material and fuck things up. You know, do things like change characters, delete story arcs, and add things that weren't in the original.

No, that would never happen in Hollywood....
Old 09-26-10, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,261 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Yeah sure because they would neeeeever go outside of the original material and fuck things up. You know, do things like change characters, delete story arcs, and add things that weren't in the original.
The original material is by no stretch of the imagination perfect, especially the further it goes along. I'd like to see the early issues handled somewhat faithfully as those are the strongest, but I'm all for taking liberties after that. Depressingly, Frank Darabont has already said how excited he was to get to the neverending Governor storyline, and that's kinda where the comics really went off the rails for me. The characters flatten out, the cast gets kinda bloated, it gets caught in these repetitive loops where the same things keep happening (Rick going back/forth being nuts and bitching/moaning about not being a great leader/father/whatever every step of the way...new characters being a lot less interesting than the ones they're replacing...SHOCKING confessions about people's dark, dark pasts...that "wait, didn't I read this already?" virtually identical scene with a zombie kid being kept by his/her parents), and just about everything after a while with the Governor is fucking stupid. It stops being a character piece, the tension keels over, and it's just a matter of which gasp-inducing shocking deaths we're gonna see in this story arc. There's a lot of wheel-spinning, and I don't think that'll fly in a zombie TV series.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.