Search this Thread

Old 07-26-09, 12:23 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Entourage - "One Car, Two Car, Red Car, Blue Car" - 7/26/09

"One Car, Two Car, Red Car, Blue Car"
Spoiler:
After receiving extravagant birthday gifts from Vince and Jamie-Lynn, Turtle contemplates his future career path, and seeks out Ari for advice. Meanwhile, Eric gets nervous about Charlie's pilot after getting some unsolicited feedback from his new fling.
Old 07-26-09, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts
Re: Entourage - "One Car, Two Car, Red Car, Blue Car" - 7/26/09

I guess they letter 'E' in Entourage means Eric now. What producer decided that this season was going to make him the main player after 3 episodes?
Old 07-26-09, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

E might be the worst character on television. The show has gotten progressively more annoying over the last few seasons, but this whole E in the forefront thing is murdering the show.
Old 07-26-09, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

E has been the main character of this show since day one. It is really his story. Makes sense since the character is based on the associate producer and Mark Wahlberg's best friend.
Old 07-27-09, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't get all the hate for this season, I think it's the best one yet.

For seasons now, the boys have been going back and forth doing the same things over and over again. Seeing them trying to make something of themselves after years of living under Vincent's shadow, it's very satisfying and entertaining, and a much needed change of pace, IMHO.
Old 07-27-09, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really liked this episode. While it didn't really have any memorable funny one liners, I thought that it was inspiring between Ari and Turtle and the last little bit between Ari and E. The boys are starting to mature.
Old 07-27-09, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts

All of a sudden Vince can drive stick and outrace everyone?

But yeah all in all a good episode, sucks for Charlie. What is E thinking with that girl, Vince is himself, Drama was good.

Coagulate. I half expected Dexter to pop in and correct them.

Just a few episodes ago while rewatching S5 and starting this season, I was wondering "How does Turtle get away with doing nothing?" Then I saw the conversation with his Mom.

Also I'm surprised that Turtle can appreciate wine.
Old 07-27-09, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the look on Drama's face when E said she broke his French press was the best.
Old 07-27-09, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

i cannot stand Ashley. Hate everything about her.

Good episode though.
Old 07-27-09, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Ferraris have paddle shifters, you don't need to know how to drive stick necessarily.
Old 07-27-09, 01:58 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ChineseCheckers
I really liked this episode. While it didn't really have any memorable funny one liners, I thought that it was inspiring between Ari and Turtle and the last little bit between Ari and E. The boys are starting to mature.
I disagree. Lloyd's "Mister .... Turtle" was classic.
Old 07-27-09, 05:39 AM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by JasonF
I disagree. Lloyd's "Mister .... Turtle" was classic.
I had flashbacks to My Name is Earl and Darnell.
Old 07-27-09, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
I don't get all the hate for this season, I think it's the best one yet.

For seasons now, the boys have been going back and forth doing the same things over and over again. Seeing them trying to make something of themselves after years of living under Vincent's shadow, it's very satisfying and entertaining, and a much needed change of pace, IMHO.
Agreed. I think another season centering around E and Vince worrying about Vince's career with a random Turtle/Drama storyline would have hurt the show.

I like the change of direction as they're all grown up now. Although I am wondering what the overall plot for the season will be.
Old 07-27-09, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!

What a snoozer of an episode.

How the hell can Jamie Lynn afford that car? She played a background character on an HBO show that paid scale... Was not in every episode (sent away to "school" and "California"), and then after that she was in a made for TV movie on the USA network? Definately not a big "star" with an endless bank account.
Old 07-27-09, 10:24 AM

She's also becoming a regular on Entourage too.
Old 07-27-09, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Plus a CD and various calenders.
Old 07-27-09, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Sorry guys, but this season sucks so far. The one thing you could always count on with Entourage is to laugh out loud several times a show with their one liners, and that just hasn't happened this year for me, IMO.

The whole Meadow/Turtle relationship is ridiculous, and they need to can that angle right now. Too much E for me too.

And where is Johnny Drama this year? He used to have a good side-story every episode for something stupid he was doing, and next to Ari, he had the best one-liners.

I have loved every season, but if they are going down the road of Turtle going back to school, then I think the show has run its course.
Old 07-27-09, 03:52 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by mcnabb
The whole Meadow/Turtle relationship is ridiculous, and they need to can that angle right now. Too much E for me too.
Agreed. No way in hell would a chick as hot as Jamie-Lynn Sigler wind up with a guy who looks like Jerry Ferrara.

Yes, I know. It's a joke
Old 07-27-09, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mcnabb
but if they are going down the road of Turtle going back to school, then I think the show has run its course.
I wouldn't be surprised if they do that whole Turtle going back to school off screen in between seasons kind of thing. But that's just what i'm thinking and have nothing to base this on
Old 07-27-09, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!

What a snoozer of an episode.

How the hell can Jamie Lynn afford that car? She played a background character on an HBO show that paid scale... Was not in every episode (sent away to "school" and "California"), and then after that she was in a made for TV movie on the USA network? Definately not a big "star" with an endless bank account.
Well if she's really playing herself down to every detail, then you should probably know that her father is rich in real life too. He runs the largest nation-wide men's amateur baseball league with local affiliates in every major city, of which my league belongs too. Hundreds of teams, thousands of men... well, you get the idea. Big bucks.
Old 07-27-09, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Can someone help me out with the time-line here?

They went to the Gatsby premiere, which is where they took a shot of Turtle with his girlfriend that showed up in People magazine the his mom saw on very the next day? And it had to be the next day, as that Gelfling was with E, which he ended up hooking up with after the Gatsby party.
Old 07-27-09, 11:02 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by slop101
Can someone help me out with the time-line here?

They went to the Gatsby premiere, which is where they took a shot of Turtle with his girlfriend that showed up in People magazine the his mom saw on very the next day? And it had to be the next day, as that Gelfling was with E, which he ended up hooking up with after the Gatsby party.
It's quite possible he hooked up with her multiple times -- once after Gatsby and again the night before Turtle's birthday
Old 07-27-09, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts

Actually, didn't E go over to her place after the premiere? In this episode, she was at his place, so it could have been a few days later.

Also, I paused the episode and read the article....it...reveals a lot more about Vince than one would think the public would know (that Amanda requested they have sex to get it out of the way, all that stuff). Sure it's just for fans but that's like...super inside info.
Old 07-28-09, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
She was a contract player on a series that ran for six seasons. The Sopranos was repeated endlessly, made a killing on DVD, and is now in syndication. She made significantly more than scale, and she's making more than enough to buy that car based solely on residuals, I'm sure.
Old 07-28-09, 06:53 AM

I thought this show was the best of the 3 so far this season. I really liked the Turtle-Ari discussion and can't wait to see Turtle's plan once he comes out of school. I really enjoy the whole angle, including his relationship with Jamie Lynn. And the Mr... Turtle was classic.

I'm a huge E-hater but I've enjoyed what they've been doing with him so far. He too seeks advise from Ari, tries his best to help Charlie. The sudden focus on E and Turtle has left Vince in the background for now which is fine as his character is still involved with everybody. The only badness from the focus on E is the lack of Drama. But I have no doubt he and Vince will get more time in the next shows once E/Turtle get somewhere as their stories evolve.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.