Search this Thread

Old 07-12-09, 12:34 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts
Entourage *Season Premiere* - "Drive" - 7/12/09

"Drive"
Spoiler:
Vince is back in the fast lane, preparing for his driving test and an appearance with Jay Leno to promote the premiere of Gatsby, his new movie directed by Martin Scorsese. Meanwhile, with a nudge from Sloan, Eric considers moving into his own house, but worries about the impact on Vince and the gang. Looking for career advancement, Lloyd confronts Ari with an ultimatum, and Ari counters with a proposition of his own.
Old 07-12-09, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Entourage *Season Premiere* - "Drive" - 7/12/09

About damn time !
Old 07-12-09, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looking forward to it, but all the reviews I've read has said it's a fairly BLAH episode and not very funny... Bring back the comedy Entourage! I'm sure I'll still enjoy it anyhow.
Old 07-12-09, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've tried, but I just can't get myself excited about the prospect of new Entourage.
Old 07-12-09, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't believe this will be the sixth season. It really feels like they haven't progressed at all. Vince only does one movie a year -what is he Harrison Ford? He should be doing at least 2 or 3. His fall from Aquaman was a bit unrealistic. Leo Dicaprio bombed in The Beach but he was still a movie star. Vince seems like too much of a primadonna. He needed the Ari and the entire fucking studio to bail him out of the Smokejumpers movie. Maybe we'll see him take acting classes or at least trying to further his career. They should show him trying to write his own thing and doing something he really wants to do.
Old 07-12-09, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

I never really cared about Vince's arc every year, this show is just a half hour of good laughs. If they accomplish these every show, I love it:

-Give some outrageous subplot for Drama and Turtle, as they are the funniest of the 4 leads.

-Give Ari 2-3 great lines making fun of Lloyd, E, or someone in the business.

-Don't give E too much storyline on his own, as he is the worst on the show.

-Keep the 4 guys together as that is when Vince usually shines.

-Oh yeah, give Ari's wife more screen time
Old 07-12-09, 03:45 PM
Banned

How long (or should i say short) is this season?
Old 07-12-09, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Not really the best Entourage episode but I'm pumped to have the show back. Not great in the laughs department but it gave a good setup for the seasons story arc. Good to have Vince back on top. I'd rather have them focus on something else this season rather than the ups and downs of his career. I'd like to see it be more about the guys and their relationship. Plus the Ari/Lloyd set up for the season sounds promising.
Old 07-12-09, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I liked this episode a lot. It showed us the possibility of the breaking up of the "entourage". Of course this will never happen but it's interesting to see them flirt with the idea.

I'd really like to see Sloan naked. That alone would make this the best season.
Old 07-13-09, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I'd really like to see Sloan naked. That alone would make this the best season.
Old 07-13-09, 07:54 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sloan's cleavage was amazing ! pretty good season opener

Lloyd has definitely put on some weight since last season
Old 07-13-09, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Good set-up episode but overall kind of blah. Lloyd looks old all of a sudden.
Old 07-13-09, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,176 Likes on 4,205 Posts

Can't believe this will be the sixth season. It really feels like they haven't progressed at all. Vince only does one movie a year -what is he Harrison Ford? He should be doing at least 2 or 3. His fall from Aquaman was a bit unrealistic. Leo Dicaprio bombed in The Beach but he was still a movie star. Vince seems like too much of a primadonna. He needed the Ari and the entire fucking studio to bail him out of the Smokejumpers movie. Maybe we'll see him take acting classes or at least trying to further his career. They should show him trying to write his own thing and doing something he really wants to do.
+1

This show has moved from A to Aa in five seasons. Why are we supposed to care about Vince at this point? He's done zero maturing and still gets everything good handed to him. I still enjoy the casual groove of the show but last night's premiere really felt like . The show had better cover some new ground this year.

Barring that, I too would settle for a nude Sloan scene.
Old 07-13-09, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Can't believe this will be the sixth season. It really feels like they haven't progressed at all. Vince only does one movie a year -what is he Harrison Ford? He should be doing at least 2 or 3. His fall from Aquaman was a bit unrealistic. Leo Dicaprio bombed in The Beach but he was still a movie star.
Two words: Brandon Routh.
Old 07-13-09, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
Two words: Brandon Routh.
I don't know. Brandon Routh hadn't done much of anything before Superman. Plus in the FICTIONAL show, Aquaman was this huge blockbuster. Superman Returns barely broke $200 million.

I'm also perplexed how Leonardo DiCarprio gets brought up in the Entourage thread every freakin' episode...
Old 07-13-09, 11:11 AM

Received 51 Likes on 17 Posts

I really enjoyed it. But then again I really enjoy the show in general.

I think it's kind of nice seeing everyone BUT Vince growing as characters. They've all acted like they were 21 for this entire show because they were allowed to thanks to Vince's fame. This is all Vince knows, and now to see everyone else starting to look toward their futures, it leaves him in the dust. I bet we get some big character development from EVERYONE this season.

And by the way, I hope it's not the last. This show reminds me a lot of Seinfeld, in the fact that its really just a show about friends hanging out, only this time with lots of money. Each episode being only 25 minutes I think is what keeps it fresh for me, and as much as I'd like to see hour long episodes, I think they would drag out like most extended episodes of "The Office."

As far as aging, Lloyd is really starting to look his age (he is close the same age as Piven) and Eric really needs to chop that mop top he has going on. I swear, him sitting in the car begging Sloan to let him come up, his face reminded me A LOT of current day Michael J. Fox.
Old 07-13-09, 11:58 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Am I the only one who finds the Sloan character boring?

I want more blond bimbos - turtle and drama stories... The show only runs for 20 minutes - the whole E / Sloan story just takes up time.
Old 07-13-09, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You are right about sloan and her cleavage is a little to "off" to wear those dresses. It was a decent episode but am I the only one that thought it was kind of a dick move that Vince ratted out the guy from the dmv and that might come back and bite someone in the ass
Old 07-13-09, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

The quick shot of Mrs. Ari was nice. I liked her dress.
Old 07-13-09, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by madcougar
I'm also perplexed how Leonardo DiCarprio gets brought up in the Entourage thread every freakin' episode...
Entourage seems to be not-so-subtlety framing Vince's career off of DiCaprio's. James Cameron's big movie turns guy into superstar. Has some mediocre movies in between but then partners up with Scorsese to become an A list star.
Old 07-13-09, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
Yea, I'm not a huge Sloan fan. Her and E's conversations are always the same.
Old 07-13-09, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Spicollidriver1
You are right about sloan and her cleavage is a little to "off" to wear those dresses. It was a decent episode but am I the only one that thought it was kind of a dick move that Vince ratted out the guy from the dmv and that might come back and bite someone in the ass
I was surprised he said anything about it, but I'm sure it just came off as a joke to the audience and nothing will ever come of it.
Old 07-13-09, 02:58 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

good ep. the end was, i think, the first time where they got introspective and showed some emotion. really, really liked the new turn the show is possibly taking and finally growing into. but, still same goodness and solidness as always.
Old 07-13-09, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
I'm with you. For me, it's part her and also that E is just an annoying, bitchy character 90% of the time in general. I've never been into his relationship with her. I think I'd enjoy it so much more if they would just have him keep hooking up with randoms all season long, like the first couple minutes of the ep alluded to. Speaking of which- that girl they showed leaving at the beginning looked awfully familiar. I know I've seen her somewhere before. I want to say the OC, for some reason.
Old 07-13-09, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

So-So episode, but I have noticed the first episode every year has been more setup, less laughs, so it should get better.

I will say alot of the humor seemed forced, which worries me. This is usually when a sitcom jumps the shark, as they characters become cariactures of themselves. But hopefully I am wrong, and the show rolls on to another fun season.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.