Search this Thread

Old 06-14-09, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
In Plain Sight -- "A Frond in Need" -- 6/14/09

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Mary and Marshall suspect that a new witness may be involved in a string of murders and the stabbing of Mary's friend. The pair try to determine if the witness is truly the killer before another victim surfaces.

Old 06-15-09, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: In Plain Sight -- "A Frond in Need" -- 6/14/09

The witness storyline this week was pretty boring, but I enjoyed the plot with the new half-sister. I really don't see why Jinx and Brandy are lying about her to Mary, but that is par for the course with them.

I must have missed something, who was the guy that Eleanor was crying about with Stan at the end? I wasn't sure what all was going on there.
Old 06-15-09, 03:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Jadzia
The witness storyline this week was pretty boring, but I enjoyed the plot with the new half-sister. I really don't see why Jinx and Brandy are lying about her to Mary, but that is par for the course with them.

I must have missed something, who was the guy that Eleanor was crying about with Stan at the end? I wasn't sure what all was going on there.
Mary has issues with her father stemming from his alcoholism and gambling. Its my understanding that her mother and sister did not want to add more reasons for Mary to hate her father. Especially considering he abandoned his "second" family as well.

Eleanor was married and her husband died recently. She does not want to enter a relationship for fear of losing someone again.
Old 06-15-09, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by emachine12
Mary has issues with her father stemming from his alcoholism and gambling. Its my understanding that her mother and sister did not want to add more reasons for Mary to hate her father. Especially considering he abandoned his "second" family as well.

Eleanor was married and her husband died recently. She does not want to enter a relationship for fear of losing someone again.
Thanks. Didn't Jinx mention something about Mary involving the FBI? That was the part that confused me. I forget - was Mary's dad a fugitive from the law as well?
Old 06-15-09, 01:11 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts

Mary's dad is a fugitive so if the new sister knows where the dad is Mary. as law enforcement, has to report it or she could get in trouble as well.

I thought it was a pretty dull episode as well
Old 06-15-09, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

I agree that the witness plot was pretty dull, however I really liked the half sister plot. I thought Laura Prepon was an excellent choice to be Brandi and Mary's half sister.

Stan constantly bugging Eleanor was starting to get annoying.

Loved the awkwardness of the final scene with her and Mary.
Old 06-15-09, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
I agree that the witness plot was pretty dull, however I really liked the half sister plot. I thought Laura Prepon was an excellent choice to be Brandi and Mary's half sister.
Agreed. Loved the way Mary noticed her large hands and seemed to feel some sort of instant connection with her, but not really knowing why.

When Prepon hugged her, the confused look on Mary's face was hilarious.