Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Any "Phineas And Ferb" Fans?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-09, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Any "Phineas And Ferb" Fans?

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
So are you guys saying I should watch this show? My little sister watches it but it doesn't seem like anythig more than background noise like the Hannah Montanah show or Suite Life or any of those other shows.
It is SO much more than that. Give a couple epsiodes a try!
Old 10-01-09, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
A short clip of it was shown at the end of Flop Starz (the Gitchee Gitchee Goo episode).

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H97gs0fnLrs&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H97gs0fnLrs&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

They also use an elevator music version in a couple episodes. Here's info at the Phineas & Ferb Wiki:

http://phineasandferb.wikia.com/wiki...anna_Have_Fun!
Ah. When the mom was a One Hit Wonder. How could I have forgotten that?

So are you guys saying I should watch this show? My little sister watches it but it doesn't seem like anythig more than background noise like the Hannah Montanah show or Suite Life or any of those other shows.
I enjoy Hannah Montanah, Suite Life of Zack and Cody/On Deck, and Wizards of Waverly Place. However, I would dump all of them for Phineas and Ferb. It's in a whole other league in which those other shows cannot compete. If you ever saw Rocco's Modern Life, Phineas and Ferb is created and developed by two directors from that show.
Old 10-01-09, 02:54 PM

Received 515 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I enjoy Hannah Montanah, Suite Life of Zack and Cody/On Deck, and Wizards of Waverly Place.
I like those shows too. Not too crazy about Suite Life, but Hannah and Wizards can be pretty funny.

Are you watching Sonny With A Chance? I didn't like it the first time I saw it, but then it started to grow on me.
Old 10-01-09, 02:59 PM

So are you guys saying I should watch this show?
Yes, you should be watching this show. Watch it on DisneyHD if possible. And keep in mind that some of the funniest moments are the inside jokes. So the more you watch the funnier it gets.
Old 10-01-09, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I like those shows too. Not too crazy about Suite Life, but Hannah and Wizards can be pretty funny.

Are you watching Sonny With A Chance? I didn't like it the first time I saw it, but then it started to grow on me.
Suite Life is the weakest of the three but enjoyable nonethless. I love that Dylan Sprouse (Zack) seems to be doing a Bruce Campbell impersonation every chance he gets. Heck, given all the TV show guest stars that just pop up outta nowhere (they had the captain of the Love Boat as a retired vacationer in one episode), I'd love it if they somehow got Bruce Campbell to appears as their uncle. Cole Sprouse (Cody) does get grating after a while and I dunno what idiot thought a character like Woody was a good idea. Debby Ryan shows potential and Phill Lewis is always dependable. And I just plain adore Brenda Song even if I'd rather see her do more movies like Wendy Wu (apparently she's finally making a sequel to that) and Stuck In The Suburbs.

I tried five times to get into Sonny With A Chance but I just can't. I like Demi Lovato. She doesn't quite have the comic timing of Selena Gomez or the goofball charm of Miley Cyrus but she's quite a likeable presence. And I do like her love/hate interactions with Sterling Knight (he was such a loveable loser in 17 Again). The only other standout with some potential is Tiffany Thornton. However, all the good ends there. I hate the sketches, the jokes, and the supporting characters. I also hate that the direction the cast is given is to act like Jim Carrey on a laughing gas overdose.

I'd rather see Demi Lovato, Sterling Knight, Tiffany Thornton, and Eden Sher (she was Sonny's best friend in one of the episodes I watched) in a different and much better show.

BTW, if you like Wizards of Waverly Place, check out the movie. It was funny and had a whole lot of heart. I wish I'd known the cast was here when they were shooting it. I would have loved to see that and maybe meet Steve Valentine. He was great as usual. I look forward to his portraying a sleazebag in Uncharted 2. Princess Protection Program (also shot in Puerto Rico) was pretty good too. However, Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie was much better.

Now if only Disney would make a movie with Maria Canals-Barrera and Sully Diaz.
Old 10-01-09, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I tried five times to get into Sonny With A Chance but I just can't. I like Demi Lovato. She doesn't quite have the comic timing of Selena Gomez or the goofball charm of Miley Cyrus but she's quite a likeable presence. And I do like her love/hate interactions with Sterling Knight (he was such a loveable loser in 17 Again). The only other standout with some potential is Tiffany Thornton. However, all the good ends there. I hate the sketches, the jokes, and the supporting characters. I also hate that the direction the cast is given is to act like Jim Carrey on a laughing gas overdose.
I agree with you on all those points. The sketches are horrible and the two guys are annoying. Demi and Sterling are both good. And I think Tiffany Thornton usually steals the show. I hope Disney can find more stuff for her.

The Wizards movie was pretty good. It was nice seeing them off the soundstage and in the real world. The setting was great. But I wish it was more lighthearted (like the series). They're replaying it tonight at 8PM. I've got Princess Protection on the DVR, but haven't seen it yet.
Old 11-21-09, 09:30 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was fucking awesome!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VR-NPVtF6Ok&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VR-NPVtF6Ok&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 11-21-09, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

On Dec. 11th at 2:00 EST, Disney Channel is showing 12 straight shows, angled at Doofenschmirtz's evil schemes. After that is a new episode for Christmas.

Last edited by darkhawk; 11-22-09 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-22-09, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dx23
This was fucking awesome!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VR-NPVtF6Ok&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VR-NPVtF6Ok&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Drat, I can't find that entire sequence, but the that clip should start with the "Starsky and Hutch" satire (I still want that car...)
Old 11-22-09, 07:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by grip
Drat, I can't find that entire sequence, but the that clip should start with the "Starsky and Hutch" satire (I still want that car...)
Yes, I saw that. Then it goes to the Miami Vice sequence and then CSI Miami.
Old 11-22-09, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

That clip is great. Was that a recent new episode? If so, what's the title so I can find it and record it.
Old 11-22-09, 09:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Red Dog
That clip is great. Was that a recent new episode? If so, what's the title so I can find it and record it.
The episode premiered like 2 weeks ago and it was repeated on Friday and yesterday. The name of the episode is Finding Mary McGuffin. It's one of the best episodes by far.
Old 11-22-09, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by dx23
The episode premiered like 2 weeks ago and it was repeated on Friday and yesterday. The name of the episode is Finding Mary McGuffin. It's one of the best episodes by far.
Here's the full episode:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LPp5ZiBkavA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LPp5ZiBkavA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
Old 11-22-09, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Found it. Looks like there were a number of new eps the last few weeks. What channel, day and time do new eps usually premiere? There's a bunch of different Disney channels so its confusing.
Old 11-22-09, 09:58 PM
Banned

The episodes usually premiere on Disney XD and then are replayed 2 weeks later on the Disney Channel.
Old 11-23-09, 02:08 PM
Banned

The Christmas special looks AWESOME and must be longer than the usual 30 min.

http://disneychannel.com/holidays
Old 11-23-09, 03:43 PM

Noticed the Talking Perry Plush Toy is back in stock:

http://www.disneystore.com/stuffed-t...1240043/11765/
Old 12-06-09, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In case anyone doesn't know, there is a marathon running on Disney XD until 6 am Monday morning, (except for a preview ep of I'm In The Band from 8:45-9:15 PM Sunday)... the Christmas ep will be on from 8-8:45 PM and 9:15-10 PM Sunday.
Old 12-06-09, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-29-09, 12:49 PM
Banned

The Christmas episodes can be downloaded for free on iTunes.
Old 12-29-09, 01:26 PM
Banned

Noticed the Talking Perry Plush Toy is back in stock:

http://www.disneystore.com/stuffed-t...1240043/11765/

Wish I would have seen this sooner. Out of stock again.
Old 01-15-10, 01:32 PM

New episode tonight on DisneyHD at 9:30PM EST.
Old 01-15-10, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is wrong to think Vanessa is hot?
Old 01-15-10, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by joefrog91
Is wrong to think Vanessa is hot?
If it's wrong, I don't wanna be right.
Old 03-09-10, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I can't say I've cared for the episodes this season that try to over-explain every throwaway line. I've seen many an animated comedy ruined that way. Having said that, "The Beak" was awesome. Ben Stiller didn't really get to do much with his guest appearance - upstaged by his wife again - but the gags were great. I love the way The Beak's theme song takes the vaguely confrontational tone of the old Gantray-Lawrence Spider-Man opening ("Is he strong?/Listen, bud/He's got radioactive blood") and runs with it:

The Beak, The Beak
Flies as fast as a supersonic jet
The Beak, The Beak
You can't fly
Be honest, you can't

The Beak, The Beak
He's strong enough to move a mountain
You're pretty weak
Seriously, what do you bench?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.