Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Desperate Housewives -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- 5/17/09

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-09, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Desperate Housewives -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- 5/17/09

Maiara Walsh. I guess she was another Disney Channel hottie.

Old 05-19-09, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by Jadzia
What I thought was unrealistic is that she never had her tubes tied or had Tom get a vasectomy after Penny was born. I would have thought they would have opted for some more permanent birth control after they were done having their kids.
You'd think Mr. Midlife Crisis Every Other Day would have done that. I'm pretty much tired of the Scavos.

Very predictable resolution to the drawnout Dave drama.

If Mike marries Susan, he's nuts and would deserve all the misery in the world.

The Bree/Orson stuff is entertaining and Gabby and Carlos being guardians to a hot teenage vixen should provide plenty of entertainment.

Last edited by Red Dog; 05-19-09 at 07:55 AM.
Old 05-19-09, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rennervision
For a second there, I thought the entire season was a hallucination by Dave in the mental hospital and I thought "Oh no they did NOT just do that!"
Ditto. I was thinking to myself, so this is how they're going to bring Nicollette Sheridan back?

Originally Posted by rennervision
And I'm thinking it's time to add a stop sign at that intersection. Or Mike/Susan should just avoid that intersection altogether.
Well and we got the impression that it happened while they were out to dinner one evening and it seemed to take the better part of the afternoon into the night before Dave, Susan and MJ even got to the intersection (even though it took Mike no time from the airport). Weak.

While I do enjoy this show, I'm starting to see the futility and contrivances too bluntly after this season. The Scavos pregnant again? Trampy Solis cousin? Come on. Karen and Roberta McClusky were more fun to watch - and how about bringing Bob and Lee into the mix a little more? Lee is practically a housewife himself yet we only see him at the occasional coffee klatch. The main housewives need more sprucing up than even dear Katherine could alone provide now that Edie is gone.
Old 05-19-09, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
I agree that the season finale wasn't all the great, but, I hardly think this show has "jumped the shark". Overall, it was a pretty great season. I think it's funny that people start saying, "I think I'm done with this show", just because of a couple of off episodes. Overall, this show is pretty consistently good. To each their own, I guess.
Not really, but like you said, to each their own.
Old 05-19-09, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This show revolves around passive-agressive behavior until the conflict finally surfaces to a major boil, and that's been getting tiresome.

Last edited by Patman; 05-19-09 at 01:12 PM.
Old 05-19-09, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no idea what purpose Katherine currently serves. The Nike/Susan/Katherine triangle is very forced and it's obvious that Mike isn't in love with her, so it would've been best to axe the Katherine character this season and keep Edie.

Edie was a great device in that Marc Cherry didn't always have to have a devious villain on the show at all times because he could always use Edie to keep stirring the pot. With her gone, either the show will become very boring (it's already going down that road), or he's going to have to find a constant antagonist to keep things interesting. Another great thing about Edie was that she could switch from good to bad in a heartbeat, and whichever mood was chosen for her was genuine and not contrived.

The niece storyline has bored me already. That's become a serious desperate ploy on this show. They've gone through Andrew, Danielle, Edie's nephew who got Danielle pregnant, and even Kayla when it comes to bringing drama to the show and it's a distraction and nuisance IMO. It's obvious that this girl isn't going to be a goody two-shoes, so she will provide 'drama' for next season.

Orson is creepy, but I think that storyline is decent considering Orson hit Mike with his car and his mother is clinically insane. They've been quite cohesive in telling that story and I can respect it even though I'm not all that interested in it.
Old 05-19-09, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Ditto. I was thinking to myself, so this is how they're going to bring Nicollette Sheridan back?

Well and we got the impression that it happened while they were out to dinner one evening and it seemed to take the better part of the afternoon into the night before Dave, Susan and MJ even got to the intersection (even though it took Mike no time from the airport). Weak.

While I do enjoy this show, I'm starting to see the futility and contrivances too bluntly after this season. The Scavos pregnant again? Trampy Solis cousin? Come on. Karen and Roberta McClusky were more fun to watch - and how about bringing Bob and Lee into the mix a little more? Lee is practically a housewife himself yet we only see him at the occasional coffee klatch. The main housewives need more sprucing up than even dear Katherine could alone provide now that Edie is gone.
Still haven't figured out why they even introduced Lee and Bob. They have been given nothing to do.
I found the choices they are making for these charters are not at all good. I am really liking these characters less and less.

Last edited by riley_dude; 05-20-09 at 01:18 AM.